Past #13: Jared Polec - delisted end '21 - redrafted w/ #1 in '21 RD - re-delisted end '22 - 42 NM games/20 NM goals

Remove this Banner Ad

I think you are all being short-sighted here and are missing one big negative for our team:

Who are we going to deploy to tag the oppostion's big-bodied inside midfielder now!?

I’ve just come to a realisation Clarko is the Ziebull
Oh No Reaction GIF by The Great British Bake Off

Considering our lack of wing depth I Would’ve thought that he’d be more valuable than a 3rd round rookie in a shallow draft.

We must have no confidence that his body is up to it anymore
Think this is probably where Shiels comes in. The benefit over Polec being that he’s happy to play the selfless leadership role to improve the younger group.

I'm not going to hate on him or accuse him of being a "mercenary".

I would be interested to know what he was like around the other players. A lot of talk on here seemed to suggest he was very much a huge introvert and kept to himself (I do not condemn this as I am like that myself), but I wonder how much of that affected his ability to connect with the rest of the group and the chemistry/form issues that may arise as a result?

Last edited:
Post deleted

Read the first 6 words of my post again.

You're happy a senior player told the head coach to GAGF in front of all his teammates during a game? Regardless of what you think of Shaw that is completely unacceptable.

Last edited by a moderator:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I harbour no ill will to Polec as I think ultimately his body let him down. Having said that it's good to see that one of the last remnants of the Scott / Joyce short-term list management f*ck ups is finally gone.

Last edited:
Seemed to my eyes to really struggle to pick the ball up off the deck running this season .. his sit/reach capacity was shot.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back