Player Watch #11: Max Gawn (C) – 6 x All-Australian, 2 x Best & Fairest, AFLCA Champion Player and Premiership Captain

Remove this Banner Ad

Best of this era. When you aren't old enough to have even watched flowers career let alone Barassi best ever doesn't mean much.
You have to be 75+ to even be close to old enough to have been able to watch and appreciate RDB.

So most of us won’t know anyone who qualifies to make comment on who is the best Melbourne player of all time.

Will chat with my old man today so he can confirm who is the greatest player to play for Melbourne. He is only 84 so may not be able to comment on any players much before 1950.

Your hate for Gawn needs to be studied
I think im more of a Gawn hater than TK honestly. He just triggers me hard for numerous reasons despite him being a gun.

I think im more of a Gawn hater than TK honestly. He just triggers me hard for numerous reasons despite him being a gun.
Seeing a 210cm bloke get bullied off the footy all the time and never standing up for himself triggers me.

Seeing a 210cm bloke get bullied off the footy all the time and never standing up for himself triggers me.
Yeah, everything is a joke to him, "teams are jealous of us", puts on his sad face when we are getting beaten, flops for frees, thinks hes the world's greatest field kick, clogs up the forward line standing there with his hand in the air, hit outs to no one. So much for me to :madv1: over.

I don’t think it’s a great look sometimes but I think he made the choice 4-5 years ago to drop a bit of weight and really boost his running power. Regularly has big last quarters because the oppo ruck just runs out of gas.

Yeah, everything is a joke to him, "teams are jealous of us", puts on his sad face when we are getting beaten, flops for frees, thinks hes the world's greatest field kick, clogs up the forward line standing there with his hand in the air, hit outs to no one. So much for me to :madv1: over.
Lol Goody telling him to harden the heck up at ¼ time of that one game was one of Goody's great coaching moments.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He is ******* good though and absolutely deserves the praise from others. Got no problem with people loving him and rating him as high as they do, hes just not my cup of tea.

I don’t think it’s a great look sometimes but I think he made the choice 4-5 years ago to drop a bit of weight and really boost his running power. Regularly has big last quarters because the oppo ruck just runs out of gas.
That's not what triggers me, Caleb Daniel standing over his lifeless corpse in a GF triggers me. He's so lucky we won that game cause that would have gone down as an iconic moment in history had we lost.

He is ******* good though and absolutely deserves the praise from others. Got no problem with people loving him and rating him as high as they do, hes just not my cup of tea.
He's an all time great Melbourne player no doubt an in a position that's generally filled by donkeys he's a massive asset.
Just ******* punch someone or something campaigner

Mitch Hannan is the reason we won the flag imo, fluffed a handball going inside 50 when they were 3 goals up. #insidejob
Funny thing is that looked like a set play big time, the bloke running past screaming for it made it a terrific two-man balls-up

Funny thing is that looked like a set play big time, the bloke running past screaming for it made it a terrific two-man balls-up
Could've so easily been another goal, would've been 25 points up? I know we romped it home, but moment is a huge win.

Still love Hannan for that goal against the Cats in the 2018 elim.

Could've so easily been another goal, would've been 25 points up? I know we romped it home, but moment is a huge win.

Still love Hannan for that goal against the Cats in the 2018 elim.
Doesn’t matter which commentary you go with for that one, it was an amazing moment. I found myself on my feet at the G for that one, then suddenly realised I didn’t recall standing up. What a great day!

Best of this era. When you aren't old enough to have even watched flowers career let alone Barassi best ever doesn't mean much.
I love you TK but yeah, I definitely meant 'best dee player for me', I'm in my 30s ha. It's like in that Homer at the Bat episode when Mr Burns names his team and they're all old players who are mostly gone.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back