#1 - Player Name Game - All teams

Remove this Banner Ad

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPower
Love the "S' too
Toby Jackson (my Grandfather 2004 - 2008 )
Tim Callan
Ted Fordham
Thomas Liberatore
Todd Curley

Tell us more

Toby his correct name was Andrew, unfortunately I never saw him , maintained clippings or can recall stories via my father which we now regret. My father passed away nearly 20 years ago.
Toby was the father of 11 children spending the majority of time around the Benalla , Wangaratta areas. The only photo I do have is of Toby coaching Yackandanda FC which included 5 of the 8 sons - my old man the youngest boy was the fullback. The photo had to be around 1939 to about 1941.

At some point in time the family moved to Sale where relatives still live today.
I wish I could relate some real footy stories but for various reasons no info or clippings were kept except for the one country FC photo. I am the only family member (plus my father and one of my sons) I know of that followed the doggies so there was not a lot of interest.

The one piece of footy interest is that Toby appeared on a page of I think it was "The history of the Footscray FC". He had a minor write up in a game in which he was playing and chased a dog to get it off the ground . I guess at the turn of the century footy had its casual moments.

Best wishes

SP

Andrew Purser
Ayce Cordy
Adam........ the back pocket.... Contessa!! Had to look it up. Liked him - always went in hard.
Aaron James ...... attempted full forward
Allen Kakovich
Alistair Ford

and that guy that won the Brownlow :oops:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back