Past #1: Majak Daw [Part II] - 54 NM games/43 NM goals - delisted end '20 - SSP selection for MFC '21 - retired mid-'22

Remove this Banner Ad

Must be someone at the club who can have a bit of a chat and a coffee with him ?
I like that idea, and he would be an awesome asset for the Huddle (or weights room) but I suspect with everything going on at the club they won’t want to touch someone who seems to be a magnet for negative publicity.

I like that idea, and he would be an awesome asset for the Huddle (or weights room) but I suspect with everythign going on at the club they won’t want to touch someone who seems to be a magnet for negative publicity.

Obviously struggling and he's sadly been close to the edge before. Neg.publicity might push him in the same direction.
Hope not.

Obviously struggling and he's sadly been close to the edge before. Neg.publicity might push him in the same direction.
Hope not.
On the other hand, we could spin the publicity by saying that Majak's skills are useful to the Huddle and it's an opportunity to look after our own.

Definitely a true North supporter. When faced with Damo, he gave him nothing and took off.
Not a BigFooty poster though if LMac is his favourite player.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

NFNL: Majak Daw released by North Heidelberg​

March 27, 2024 - 11:57AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

A local footy club has parted ways with former AFL star Majak Daw on the eve of the season after saying he failed to meet their standards. Here’s what we know.

North Heidelberg has parted ways with one of its stars on the eve of the season.
In a shock announcement on Wednesday morning, the club informed its community ex-AFL player Majak Daw had departed the club with immediate effect.

North Heidelberg Sporting Club president Warren Haysom posted a statement on the club’s Facebook page.

“The North Heidelberg Sporting Club advises all members, sponsors and key stakeholders involved with the club that Majak Daw has parted ways effective immediately,” the he said.

“From a club perspective there are reasonable expectations and commitment levels that are non-negotiable that apply to all our senior listed players and unfortunately Majak has failed to meet those standards over the pre-season.

“We wish Majak all the best in the future.”

Daw played 54 games during his AFL career with North Melbourne after he was unable to add to the tally when he spent two years with Melbourne.

He retired from the top level in June 2022.

In 17 games for North Heidelberg last season, Daw booted 58 goals and was named in the best 10 times as the Bulldogs made a remarkable run to the Northern league preliminary final.

He had re-signed with the club in early October after being one of the competition’s most dominant big men.
It’s understood Daw wished to remain with the Bulldogs for the 2024 season.He was unable to commit as much time to the club as he wished due to work commitments and personal circumstances.

NFNL: Majak Daw released by North Heidelberg​

March 27, 2024 - 11:57AM
News Corp Australia Sports Newsroom

A local footy club has parted ways with former AFL star Majak Daw on the eve of the season after saying he failed to meet their standards. Here’s what we know.

North Heidelberg has parted ways with one of its stars on the eve of the season.
In a shock announcement on Wednesday morning, the club informed its community ex-AFL player Majak Daw had departed the club with immediate effect.

North Heidelberg Sporting Club president Warren Haysom posted a statement on the club’s Facebook page.

“The North Heidelberg Sporting Club advises all members, sponsors and key stakeholders involved with the club that Majak Daw has parted ways effective immediately,” the he said.

“From a club perspective there are reasonable expectations and commitment levels that are non-negotiable that apply to all our senior listed players and unfortunately Majak has failed to meet those standards over the pre-season.

“We wish Majak all the best in the future.”

Daw played 54 games during his AFL career with North Melbourne after he was unable to add to the tally when he spent two years with Melbourne.

He retired from the top level in June 2022.

In 17 games for North Heidelberg last season, Daw booted 58 goals and was named in the best 10 times as the Bulldogs made a remarkable run to the Northern league preliminary final.

He had re-signed with the club in early October after being one of the competition’s most dominant big men.
It’s understood Daw wished to remain with the Bulldogs for the 2024 season.He was unable to commit as much time to the club as he wished due to work commitments and personal circumstances.
He can go work with his brother doing demo for a grub mob. Thats his last out.

Majak Daw joins Melbourne mayoral candidate’s leadership team
Former North Melbourne star Majak Daw has turned his attention to politics, joining Melbourne lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian’s campaign to “bring back Melbourne”.
NUI TE KOHA, Herald Sun
Subscriber only
|
October 22, 2020 11:15am
Majak Daw in lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian’s “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook
Majak Daw in lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian’s “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook
Former North Melbourne star Majak Daw has joined Melbourne lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian’s “Bring Back Melbourne” team.
“I really want to make a change in this country and be that bridge between my culture and the Australian culture,” Daw said. “I’m extremely passionate about community projects … and I’m not afraid to voice my opinion on certain things.”
Nightclub king and entrepreneur Russian is running for lord mayor in this month’s City of Melbourne elections.
Mr Russian introduced Daw is a member of his team late on Wednesday.
“Our innovation and leadership team covers everyone that makes up Melbourne’s wider community,” Mr Russian said. “Meet Majak Daw, a key member of our Bring Back Melbourne team.”
In a promotional video for Mr Russian’s campaign, Daw, whose family moved to Australia from war-torn South Sudan as refugees, spoke about the challenges faced by migrants.
Majak Daw in lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian's “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook's “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook
Majak Daw in lord mayoral candidate Nick Russian's “Bring Back Melbourne” campaign. Source: Facebook
He also shared a message to the Sudanese community in his native language, saying: “We are going to bring back Melbourne. Hang in there.”
Daw’s move into local politics follows his recent delisting by North Melbourne.
His return to the AFL this year after his horrific injuries following a fall from the Bolte Bridge in late 2018 was the most inspirational stories of the season.
Go back to politics Maj lol

Remove this Banner Ad

Back