Toast “Mark LeCras wins flag, you know what happened next”

Does Lecca call it quits?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching that video on the club website, he seems pretty content with the way things panned out. Goes out more or less on his own terms and with a flag in his last game.

Just voted yes in the poll.

Great to see him go out on a high note, both in terms of the team accomplishment and playing a really strong year after many thought that he was past it.

I thought he had another good year left in him, but great way to finish up.
It must be pretty satisfying to bow out with a flag. I agree he could have gone another year but he's 32, turning 33 next year. He's just won a flag. Probably the right time.

I thought he'd stay on for one more year, but he said in the recent video the club posted that he knew he was cooked and was treasuring every ground he played on as the last time he'd be there, like the MCG against Collingwood in the game where NicNat did his knee, and Optus after the prelim.

I was one that bagged him in first handful of games. I didn't see in him what most other saw.

I eat humble pie on this one.

Had a few frustrating years as well, through injury and form.

Reinvented himself for a few years as a midfielder come forward and was sensational at it, when our midfield was rubbish / one paced.

Sensational player and got the most out of himself.

What a way to finish with a Flag.

Enjoy the fishing.

Great career. Arguably the best small/medium forward in the league for the past decade. Could easily have kicked well over 500 goals if not for injuries. Strongly believe that we could have won the premiership in 2012 if Lecras did not miss that entire season. All the best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Class as a player. Ended his career with Class with a capital C..

I called it after the game, perfect time to retire

Unlucky to not be dual All Australian, kicked 58 and missed out in 2009. One of the best kicks in the game, fought back from ACL, broken arm and kept his ego in check in order to play a lesser role in the last few years to allow JK and Jack to go to work.

CLUB LEGEND

Lecca been my favourite player for the best part of a decade. 9 consecutive years of 30+ goals, and besides Phil Matera hes easily the best small forward since 2000. 2.1 goals per game over 14 years is Elite. Out and out a better fwd than Betts, C.Rioli and Milne, a genuine legend of the competition.

I feel like I need to go into mourning

Last edited:
Best medium forward of the last decade in the AFL. Well done on an awesome career Mark, and on a fantastic end!

Oh, and top marks for the IG post - you campaigners know what happened nexT!

What an incredible player over such a long period of time. He's done it all now and has given everything he could. Best of luck Mark and i'm sure you'll do just fine, because if anyone knows what will happen next, it's The Frenchman.

Btw I loved all of the instagram posts form JK, Nic Nat etc. taking the piss out of his leaked video. Clearly our boy wasn't at all sorry and so he shouldn't be.

What a great player he has been for us. Happy he goes out on his terms and on a high. Always his decision whether he played on but glad he recognised he was cooked and didn't play on then retire mid-year. I thought he had another year if he wanted it. Will be missed.

Back