v
Box Hill Hawks

Sunday 25th July
@ Frankston Oval

Seniors at 2:00pm
(Development
Team 11am)

Radio 94.1FM 3WBC prematch from 1pm.

Another week, another jaunt to the beach for Box Hill (oh I do like to be beside the seaside, oh I do like to be beside the sea). With 2 wins at the beach, the boys seem to enjoy the salt air. Whilst we are unlikely to get the beautiful Gold Coast weather, we can only pray for a little sun and that the rain stays away. Frankston Oval is also a couch ground and certainly will be more aesthetically pleasing if it gets some extra rays.

There are 2 main extremities of Frankston supporters. One are the rich and the famous McMansion type bay view property owners- Frankston is becoming one of the more sought after suburbs of Melbourne. The other type is the flannelette wearing, Ford/Holden ute driving bogan with Aca-Daca tonked through the speakers of 1975 era and often seen holding a tinny in the outer and sucking a Winnie Red or loitering round Frankston station. Just don’t play “Nobody Likes A Bogan” by Area 7 in your car driving down the highway as I can’t guarantee your safety.

I love trips to Frankston, mainly for the cultural enlightenment received from the second type of supporter. They are always up for a laugh and a beer and are certainly parochial barrackers. BYO moccies, wifebeater and stubby holder.

So, I’ve set the picture for you. Jump on the train or pack the family and mates in to the car and head down to Frankston Oval for 2 big games of Box Hill this week. Those in time for the Development Squad game may get to see Hawthorn premiership player Robbie Campbell running around too.

Head down for a good time and if you’re behind the wheel, don’t drink and drive. See you all there and go Box Hill!

Teams TBC

Yep, limits on the number of AFL listed players we can play this week. Should be a great game down at Frankston. I'm looking forward to the trip down and a few drinks at the ground (coming off a 7 day working week on Sunday). Let's hope the weather holds off and the boys play some fantastic footy.

I'll be there as a type two Frankston supporter. I live about 300 meters from the oval so I have to go or else I sit at home and hear the crowd and think damn what did I miss. it's not fair putting houses near ovals

looking forward to seeing our old ruck duo of Taylor and Campbell again even if it is seperate games

A quick question, I am going to the Collingwood v Casey Scorpions game (To take photos for media), and I wanted to know if i can bring my Canon Rebel XSI Camera?
Is there any limitations on the lens and can i take and can I take a tri-pod?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

2010 VFL Seniors
Frankston 4.3 6.6 13.7 14.7 (91)
Box Hill Hawks 3.2 5.3 11.7 15.13 (103)

GOALS:
Frankston: Crowe 3 Proctor 3 Hibberd 2 Simpson Clark LEE Potts Thoolen Rowe
Box Hill Hawks: Hoegel 3 Fagan 3 Moss 2 Lisle 2 Smithwick 2 Breust Dowler Savage

BEST:
Frankston: Gabriel Baguley Kennedy Potts Crowe Hockey
Box Hill Hawks: Savage Fagan Tuck Moss Pedersen Morton

REPORTED PLAYERS:
Frankston: nil
Box Hill Hawks: nil

Young Luke Lowden was great today. Very impressive prospect.

Savage good in the second half as was Lisle.

Musto drifted in and out of the game. Been played down back.

Taylor still either hasn't got the confidence nor health back in his ankle yet to jump properly at the center bounce.

A beautiful day in Frankston today. Blinding sun. Blue sky. You could have been forgiven for thinking it was late spring. Perfect conditions weatherwise for some good footy though the couch oval wasn't aesthetically pleasing being mid winter.

Arriving just before half time, the development squad were giving Frankston an absolute pumping. Was good to see the boys taking full advantage of the percentage on offer by really turning up to play. Robbie Campbell played and did well.

The seniors got off to a reasonable start but you could sense something wasn't quite right. Not saying we were complacent but we certainly weren't playing with the usual vigour expected of Box Hill. It wasn't until the last quarter that we really started to be first to the ball and win the contests after clawing things back in the 3rd a little. Full credit to the boys though for hitting back and not just dropping their heads and accepting defeat.

Yes we were lucky to scrape home in the end but we never gave in. A lesson learnt that if you aren't playing your best, that even the bottom side can pose a threat. We have good games, we have bad ones but we always need to make sure that even when things aren't going our way that we still commit ourselves 100% to winning and creating opportunities.

It was good to say hi to Ed Curnow who came down to support his teammates. Whilst disappointing for him that it looks like season over for him after not long ago getting out of hospital it was a great display of team spirit to make an appearence.

Well done to the contingent of Box Hill supporters who made the trip down to Frankston and supported the boys. The home crowd were certainly boisterous, vuvuzelas, bongos and all. I'm sure the boys appreciated your efforts.

^^^^ ..Stood next too the franga boys today infront of the change rooms and gave as good as i got ....:thumbsu: To there credit , they were great , ...and credit to Frankston , they were hard at it all day and for most of the day , showed our boys how to win the hard contest/ball...in the end , class shone out ......just..:confused: On players , Sav for mine was great ,Pendo too..also thought Punky showed some good sign's...And Lowden did some good thing's..
Just a side note , our boys last week had to slog it out in wet and tough conditions.....recon it showed...and is it just me , or is there now a hard core Stang's crowed starting to develop.....And where the hell was the whistler today.....

Yeah not sure about Whistler....was surprised he wasnt' there too. Hope all is ok with him- unusual for him to miss in Frankston!

I'll leave it to someone else to post a report on what was a dissapointing effort today against a team that has won one game for the season.

Note, the following did not play:

- Laddo (don't know why)
- Milne
- Shiels

A real piss-poor 'overall' effort particularly from our HFC players.

The usual suspects have serious questions to answer - and we need to make a decision whether they should be in the team. Stuff it, i'll list them:
- Tuck
- (Boo) Dowler
- Morton
- Stokes
- Moss

Peddo was fantastic, solid effort, well done.

Fagan done well.

Really missed Ed in the centre and Kenna still missing.

The standout was Lowden, who is a great talent and caused heachaches for the 'bogans' from Frankston when he went forward. Well done Luke, you will be a star.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back