v
Box Hill Hawks

Sunday 18th July
@ Trevor Barker Beach Oval

Seniors at 2:00pm
(Development
Team 11am)

Radio: 94.1FM 3WBC, prematch from 1pm​

I have to work this week and thus won't be able to attend. If someone can post a match report that would be appreciated!

If anyone has the time, feel free to do a preview too!!

Those that have enquired as to guernsey numbers may find this handy too. http://www.boxhillhawks.com.au/the-team/player-profiles.aspx

GETTING TO SANDRINGHAM FOOTBALL CLUB
Trevor Barker Beach Oval, Cnr Beach Road & Hampton Street, Sandringham (Melways Ref. Map 76 F8)

Public Transport to Trevor Barker Beach Oval:
Train: Hampton or Sandringham Station on the Sandringham line

I'll be returning from launceston saturday night and will be back for this game.

Will try to get there for the Development Squad to see Mahoney (if he plays).

Sandy are struggling. Out of interest I have been following Jesse Smith, he is out for the season, so great call to pick up hooper instead of him.

I'll be returning from launceston saturday night and will be back for this game.

Will try to get there for the Development Squad to see Mahoney (if he plays).

Sandy are struggling. Out of interest I have been following Jesse Smith, he is out for the season, so great call to pick up hooper instead of him.
I hear its now 3 for Sunday.....:D Ill drive , you boys bring the shandys.....;) And Mahoney will play.

I hear its now 3 for Sunday.....:D Ill drive , you boys bring the shandys.....;) And Mahoney will play.

good stuff dasher, i will be fit and firing after a hawks win in launceston.....ahhhh shiiit, must book accomodation, onto that now.

Ah, just like old times....... oh I mean last Wednesday :D

If its alright with the driver, I might bring along my friend Jim B ;)

Luke Breust is back.

No Ryan Jackson in either side, which is worrying. I hope he hasn't had a recurrence of his ankle injury.

This week's Inside Football reports that Luke Ablett is no guarantee of returning for BH this season.

Box Hill Hawks Seniors
B
Shiels
Muston
Breust

HB
Kayler-Thomson
Schoenmakers
Suckling

C
Savage
Tuck
Moss

HF
Morton
Dowler
Sewell

F
Lowden
Lisle
Milne

R
Taylor
Stokes
Ladson

Int
Kiel
J. Hoegel
Pedersen

Kenna
Andrews
Curnow

Duryea
S. Gibson
O'Shea*

Box Hill Development Squad

B
Neil
Van Unen
Kennedy

HB
Williams
Campbell
C. Hoegel

C
Duryea
J. Hoegel
Cass

HF
Smithwick
Thompson
Tobin

F
Grimley
Warby
Mirra

R
Orr
McGuinness
Johnston

Int
A. Ellis
McShane
Walker

Edgar
Kickett
Mahony

Furey
Wallace
Conyers

For a more reader friendly format, check out the links above from Rudi!

Taylor also named in the ruck- report from last week thrown out as mentioned in the last match thread.

Even though certain posters don't agree with me, a strong performance by Tails this week will see him replace Skipper against St Kilda the week after. The only negative will be the 5 day recovery which just throws my theory to sh%t!

And to those ........ GO GROWLER!

Go Box Hill Geez on paper that is a strong line up if we can't sandringham this week we never will. Need to come out and spank them. Yes I would also like Taylor to play i think if he is playing well and we are winning they may rest him at 3 quarter time? As for dowler and lisle and lowden show them what your made up we should really walk this in with the team we have on the park

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah, I agree 100% with Go Hawks...hoping TheFourPillars "rest at 3/4 time" theory is sound. Taylor would be useful against the Saints, IMO.

And fantastic to see Big Bob named in the "Development" Squad (makes a little bit of a mockery of the title, but great to see him back nonetheless).

What a great experience for Grimley and Lowden, playing next to Campbell and Taylor. No doubt they are learning loads.

Isn't there a limit on the amount of Hawthorn listed players that are allowed to play in Box Hill's 1st side ? i thought it was around 12 but having a quick count there seems to be about 17 players named in the side.

Isn't there a limit on the amount of Hawthorn listed players that are allowed to play in Box Hill's 1st side ? i thought it was around 12 but having a quick count there seems to be about 17 players named in the side.

I think that restriction applies only to teams that have no vfl affiliation.

I think that restriction applies only to teams that have no vfl affiliation.

No your definately wrong, i think the maxium of 12 listed AFL player rule applies so that the VFL affiliated teams don't become too strong against the non affiliated teams such as Frankston ,Port Melb.

Mahony & Kickett named on the interchange bench for the Development squad & who is that named at CHB in the Dev squad??

I hope the big fella does well. It's great to see Robbie back.

No Seirakowski. Is he injured?
Coped a knock to the shoulder at train'n last week , but when i spoke with him he thought it would only be a one week injury , perhaps not...:eek:
Is only minor though........:thumbsu:

No your definately wrong, i think the maxium of 12 listed AFL player rule applies so that the VFL affiliated teams don't become too strong against the non affiliated teams such as Frankston ,Port Melb.

What i meant is that i think this restriction only applies when we are playing against non AFL affiliated teams like frankston and port

As has become a sunday custom- Dasher is at the game, i am at work, he texts me info and scores and i pass them on here :thumbsu: now everyone knows, i hope, what i mean when i say...

DASHER UPDATE: Development squad up 28 to 20 at qtr time. This is HBD first look at Mahony our nsw scholarhsip player, quote "f%^$ he's solid". :thumbsu:

Robbie Campbell: looks a lot lighter. Killing the tap outs. Playing more game time than expected.

Update: bhd won by 9pts.

Campbell played in short bursts from the bench. Only saw 2nd quarter, looked a bit rusty though.

Numbers are all mixed up in seniors. Dowler took 1 hander then hit post. Muston providing lots of talk.

Score zebs 3.3.21 box hill 0.4.4

Remove this Banner Ad

Back