Chris Tarrant trade talk (merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

chiliboy

All Australian
Sep 10, 2003
Melbourne, Vic
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Chicago Bulls, West Ham U
It's been building over the last week but tonight on SEN THEY CONFIRMED THAT NOT ONLY DID THE PIES AND DEMONS DISCUSS A POSSIBLE DEAL BUT also that ND and Chris Fagan met with the Key Forward on Friday..

No deal or proposal was mentioned, which means the ball is in our court, and IMO the pies obviously want something specifically from us..

IMO they may want A ruckman and a pick..

W eall know they went hard for White at the last minute last year..
What would you guys offer??

Do you think he'd fit in..

IMO:

ND is going to make a play for game breakers, players that can take us all the way while our window is open. WE have PLENTY of youth, and we could use the "SUPER DRAFT" to our advantage, ie: use our 2/3rd picks as bait to clubs wanting to rebuild and inject more youth.

I personally think Tarrant does need a kick in the anal region, and I geniunly belive we can change his attitude, and him getting away from Collingwood would fix half the problem already..

tarrant, would make our forward line THE MOST DANGEROUS in the competion, and he wouldnt have to take the best defender every week, and have less pressure..

MILLER WILL play @ CHF, so with a variation of Tarrant, Neitz, Robbo, Dunn, Smith, Newton with davey @ their feet.. well.... enough said..

Another bonus with Tarrant would be the adverse effect on Robbo, as he would also have less pressure, and as next year his knee will be fixed, he may have a ripper yaer, and play further up the ground, rotating with tarrant.. allowing Sylvia to be put permantly midfield/Wing..

The question though is at what cost??

A deal of Say.. Jamar Or Smith with a 3rd round pick, I would take easy.. Keep PJ, as he really has alot of versatility, and has a big tank, and great hands..

One deal mentioned is a straight swap for white, but NO DICE for me.. Unless say the pies added a pick say 4th round or a ready made player, Like say Wakelin/Maxwell/J.Cloke...

Neaves will be a listed player next year, and I think he will soon be our no.2, and within 3 years, poss no.1, all going well of course.. Plus, if a deal like I mentioned occured, Keating may be brought in to the fold..

I just cant see White being traded... however, I love Jamar, and after seeing Simmonds & now Jolly do so well, I would hate to see Jamar do the same.. BUT>> we are in the best position in the next 1-4 years to win a flag, and It's not a quick fix, as we have ALOT OF YOUTH..

I think WE'll pick up a big recruit or 2, and also a top up player ie: Jason Johnson/Medhurst/Byrnes..

Either Everitt, Aker (looking doubtful), Tarrant, Bradshaw, Michael or Petrie will be a demon in 07' IMO!!

Thoughts??

In one other rumour/Gossip I read on a site out of Port Adelaide is that they are very keen on Nathan Brown, and a deal for Thurstans may be the offer.. Also stated that We were asking about Salopek, but it seems despite all the rumours going round, he'll stay..

Im pretty sure this has been posted, but Nick Smith is attracting interst from the crows (he's from SA) and also the Cats.. I hope he stayss, he's getting there, and needs a pre-season, Which he has NEVER fully had.. I really believe he can be our next FF..

Re: Tarrant Meets with Demons...

What about colin sylvia, would he be on the table in any trade discussions?

Did u just offer a 3rd string ruckman and a late pick for Tarrant? :eek:

X! NO DEAL

Paul Johnson and picks 11 and 29 for Taz and pick 44 or we'll keep taz and he can continue to rip you guys a new one on QB

Hells K1tch3n said:
Paul Johnson and picks 11 and 29 for Taz and pick 44 or we'll keep taz and he can continue to rip you guys a new one on QB
Why go and say that when Melbourne have won the last 3, and in the last two we have been absolutely smashed?

chiliboy said:
I

Thoughts??

Thoughs are your full of ****.

Spida at the swans or woods back it in with saitns a outside punt. Jamar or smiht *who the **** is smith for Taz? Keep dreamin

i don't see how tarrant could benefit melbourne.

lynden dunn will be a better player than tarrant.

plus there's mike newtown, who will no doubt be pressing strongly pending getting a go at sandringham instead of regularly booting bags in the sandy reserves.

and then miller is clearly the favoured option at chf, for unfathomable reasons.

one of jamar or johnson will be traded. wouldn't be surprised to see jamar head to adelaide, where he'll be a very, very good player. he's better than jolly.

melbourne should be after speed thru the middle, not another quasi-key position-not quite a flanker forward who has a questionable attitude.

Hells K1tch3n said:
Did u just offer a 3rd string ruckman and a late pick for Tarrant? :eek:

X! NO DEAL

He hasn't had a kick on QB for three years.

I couldn't handle having Yze and Tarrant in the same team, but if the pies wanted Sylvia then they'd have to give up their first draft pick as well.

vinnie_vegas69 said:
Why go and say that when Melbourne have won the last 3, and in the last two we have been absolutely smashed?

Because the majority of pie fans seriously overrate their players.

DemonAndrew said:
i don't see how tarrant could benefit melbourne.

lynden dunn will be a better player than tarrant.

plus there's mike newtown, who will no doubt be pressing strongly pending getting a go at sandringham instead of regularly booting bags in the sandy reserves.

QUOTE]

so its pies fans overrating their players:rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If anything, Melbourne's thrashing at the hands of the Sandilands'-dominant Freo shows that you need a decent second string ruckman, not a hot and cold forward.

chiliboy said:
It's been building over the last week but tonight on SEN THEY CONFIRMED THAT NOT ONLY DID THE PIES AND DEMONS DISCUSS A POSSIBLE DEAL BUT also that ND and Chris Fagan met with the Key Forward on Friday..

No deal or proposal was mentioned, which means the ball is in our court, and IMO the pies obviously want something specifically from us..

IMO they may want A ruckman and a pick..

W eall know they went hard for White at the last minute last year..
What would you guys offer??

Do you think he'd fit in..

IMO:

ND is going to make a play for game breakers, players that can take us all the way while our window is open. WE have PLENTY of youth, and we could use the "SUPER DRAFT" to our advantage, ie: use our 2/3rd picks as bait to clubs wanting to rebuild and inject more youth.

I personally think Tarrant does need a kick in the anal region, and I geniunly belive we can change his attitude, and him getting away from Collingwood would fix half the problem already..

tarrant, would make our forward line THE MOST DANGEROUS in the competion, and he wouldnt have to take the best defender every week, and have less pressure..

MILLER WILL play @ CHF, so with a variation of Tarrant, Neitz, Robbo, Dunn, Smith, Newton with davey @ their feet.. well.... enough said..

Another bonus with Tarrant would be the adverse effect on Robbo, as he would also have less pressure, and as next year his knee will be fixed, he may have a ripper yaer, and play further up the ground, rotating with tarrant.. allowing Sylvia to be put permantly midfield/Wing..

The question though is at what cost??

A deal of Say.. Jamar Or Smith with a 3rd round pick, I would take easy.. Keep PJ, as he really has alot of versatility, and has a big tank, and great hands..

One deal mentioned is a straight swap for white, but NO DICE for me.. Unless say the pies added a pick say 4th round or a ready made player, Like say Wakelin/Maxwell/J.Cloke...

Neaves will be a listed player next year, and I think he will soon be our no.2, and within 3 years, poss no.1, all going well of course.. Plus, if a deal like I mentioned occured, Keating may be brought in to the fold..

I just cant see White being traded... however, I love Jamar, and after seeing Simmonds & now Jolly do so well, I would hate to see Jamar do the same.. BUT>> we are in the best position in the next 1-4 years to win a flag, and It's not a quick fix, as we have ALOT OF YOUTH..

I think WE'll pick up a big recruit or 2, and also a top up player ie: Jason Johnson/Medhurst/Byrnes..

Either Everitt, Aker (looking doubtful), Tarrant, Bradshaw, Michael or Petrie will be a demon in 07' IMO!!

Thoughts??

In one other rumour/Gossip I read on a site out of Port Adelaide is that they are very keen on Nathan Brown, and a deal for Thurstans may be the offer.. Also stated that We were asking about Salopek, but it seems despite all the rumours going round, he'll stay..

Im pretty sure this has been posted, but Nick Smith is attracting interst from the crows (he's from SA) and also the Cats.. I hope he stayss, he's getting there, and needs a pre-season, Which he has NEVER fully had.. I really believe he can be our next FF..

You disgusting liar.

I urge everyone to read the posts from the two weeks prior to last years trading by this coward and fraud

He has wet dreams then tries to tell everyone, he has inside information.

Don't take my word for it, just do a search.

Have to laugh at suggesting Pie fans are over rating Tarrant. He can be anything and a change may do the trick beacuse he was and can regin the superstar form of the past. He has many years left so ain't a dud. Personally, I hope we keep him. But if the club decide on a trade and must be a good one. Some of the supporters from other clubs would love to have him but at a cheap price. I hope Pies play hard just like everyone has always done with us. In the past few years there have been some silly trades where a star has been given up for too much and now you say Tarrant ain't worth it. Crap. Just ask Roos about giving up so much for a player they wanted. Just ask Hawks how they are laughing at what they have got for players that did not want to stay. Lets get serious, we can speculate all we like, but don't expect him at an Aldi price, David Jones more like it. If you want him you have to pay. But lets hope this is all media hype and we keep them.:thumbsdown:

Get real, a CHF with experience, down on form. The crap that have had 1st round picks & players in trade in last few years. Interest rates have gone up since last year and now claiming inflation on draft picks.

chiliboy said:

Who is ND?

footy_rulz said:
chiliboy said:

Who is ND?
And there was NO CONFIRMATION on SEN either.

Malthouse was asked; "I hear you have been talking to Melbourne?"
Malthouse replied "We may have"

"What about?"
"Things in general"

Tarrants name wasn't even mentioned in relation to Melbourne.
In fact Malthouse said "I hope he lines up for us at FF next year"

Dixie Flatline said:
If anything, Melbourne's thrashing at the hands of the Sandilands'-dominant Freo shows that you need a decent second string ruckman, not a hot and cold forward.
They have a solid 2nd AND 3rd string ruckman, but both of them were on the sidelines with injury.

HugeBluesFan said:
Tarrant aside, it should make for a very interesting Trade Week this year. Looks like players such as Everitt, Tarrant, Thornton, Polak and a few others will be looking for new homes. We might just get a bit of action this year.
If Tarrant, his manager, the Collingwood CEO, the Collingwood coach, the Collingwood Capatain all say.
"Tarrant will be at Collingwood next year" how come you included him, in looking for a new home?

Remove this Banner Ad

Chris Tarrant trade talk (merged threads)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back