COTCHIN IN 9 (weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats fine...no point rushing him hes got a 15 year, 200+ game career ahead of him hopefully so whats a few weeks in his first year going to do. No guarantee of a spot in our 22 anyway given his lack of preparation.

Trent is yet to fully run, end of this week, and is expected to spend 4 weeks running before contact and is expected to spend another 5 weeks of contact before being considered available for AFL selection.
source - family, captain and dr. pink

well thats ahead of my estimation of R8-12 before we saw the kid in yellow and black...considering he has yet to get into stride has a long way to go...being a blue chip investment and a tender age, we have a long time. I wouldnt expoect to see him in action until R2-3 of VFL season...No probs with that , wrap thorougbreds in cotton wool:thumbsu:

The wraps on him before the draft were that he could step up and play the first game, before the injury. That being said, I agree that he should play a couple of VFL games first, just to gradually adjust to the tempo.

But, remember Lids played Round 1 in his first season, so it probably shouldn't be ruled out for any draftee.

The friggen curse strikes again.

I presume this 9 weeks is a best case scenario.

Can't believe everyone is so ho hum about this, I am absolutely spewing. This kid, if fit, has the capabilities to step straight into our side and be a solid contributor. Does anyone remember how good Lids was in his first season, in his first quarter against the cats he took about 7 marks.

Make no mistake, Cotchin is good enough for this to be a serious setback to our season.

agree RECORDS but we did draft him with a broken ankle, with that in mind starting round 1 would only ever be a bonus. He'll be right slip him in round four and watch him take the competition by storm. Would be nice to see him carve up the blues to rub salt on the wound. It's nice to know we're in a reasonable position to be on the good side of a recruiting blunder:D.

The friggen curse strikes again.

I presume this 9 weeks is a best case scenario.

Can't believe everyone is so ho hum about this, I am absolutely spewing. This kid, if fit, has the capabilities to step straight into our side and be a solid contributor. Does anyone remember how good Lids was in his first season, in his first quarter against the cats he took about 7 marks.

Make no mistake, Cotchin is good enough for this to be a serious setback to our season.
He is 17-18 years old, still a kid with a long career in front of him.
Sure, I would like to see him play round 1, but not a big deal if he misses the first few weeks

plays for the burgers around round 3 - 4, maybe gets a game around round 11- 12, plays a half a dozen or so and then back to the burgers for some games at the end of the season would be fine by me.

Anymore a bonus.

after his first game with the tiges there will be no going back to the burgers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nah dice, ankles are dodgy propositions at best...lots of discomfort for many months after its healed. They're just erring on the side of caution here, no need to push him through early and crush his confidence by making him play not at 100%

after his first game with the tiges there will be no going back to the burgers.

Big ask for a kid - i was thinking more the "its better to play a full game for the two's then sit on the bench and get 5 - 10 minute bursts in the ones" theory after he has play half a dozen or so.

As i said this is what i would be happy with - any more and its a bonus in my mind (for a kid in his first season).

Big ask for a kid - i was thinking more the "its better to play a full game for the two's then sit on the bench and get 5 - 10 minute bursts in the ones" theory after he has play half a dozen or so.

As i said this is what i would be happy with - any more and its a bonus in my mind (for a kid in his first season).

No way, a win in the rising star, win or place in the brownlow, a debut game netting 36 possies and 5 goals, goal of the year and play of the year, will be deemed reasonable for me.
Anything else is a bonus for a kid in his first season. ;)

No way, a win in the rising star, win or place in the brownlow, a debut game netting 36 possies and 5 goals, goal of the year and play of the year, will be deemed reasonable for me.
Anything else is a bonus for a kid in his first season. ;)
He's not Andy Collins you know.

Remove this Banner Ad

COTCHIN IN 9 (weeks)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back