List Mgmt. 2024 Trade Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Some people are endlessly optimistic and some people are endlessly pessimistic. I probably fall into the former category but each to their own.

The ones that annoy me, indeed p1ss me off, are the ones that flip seamlessly between positivity and negativity. Sometimes from one coach to another. Or one season to another. Sometimes even one week to another. No need to name them as they are obvious to anyone who regularly catches up with the posts on this site.

I, like all of us, have the option to walk away if it all gets too much. I choose not to do that but will take the opportunity to protect my mental health by muting most of the negative melts on the various social media platforms. Like I said, each to their own.

Of course I’m disappointed at the moment. And of course…

1jxyXw5.gif

Would love us to target some GWS guys.

Fayhe
Stone
Anguin

Brayden Campbell from the swans too

Lastly Tomoya Owens , Mitch’s brother is just quietly starting to play some de ent footy.

so i guess after yesterday the big excitement is watching paddy dow rehearse for his club debut next week

then onto trade period,who do we go after as we watch mccluggage ldu & other big ones stay put,or choose other clubs that might have a shot?

sam berry?
fin macrae?
will brodie?
harry rowston?
will phillips?
angus sheldrick?
bailey smith or any mid bulldog other than bont or libba if bevo stays?(although bailey probably fits into the mccluggage ldu category)

i still like the idea of trading king for 2 first rounders from suns or richmond,while he has value,hes no good at saints if hes just no good,or if the team is no good for his game,so lets do it before he is worth a future 3rd rounder

please not gaff shiel and the like

With an obviously floundering midfield costing us games, the reluctance of Rtb to play Michito is mind numbingly staggering.
You stubborn stubborn man.
He said in the press conference he put him in there yesterday. I didn't notice because thankfully I was cooking dinner while watching the game, decided to chop up some extra onions just for fun it was quite enjoyable compared to the football.

He said in the press conference he put him in there yesterday. I didn't notice because thankfully I was cooking dinner while watching the game, decided to chop up some extra onions just for fun it was quite enjoyable compared to the football.
He needs a good run at it like Poo has had. Even if he needs a few games at Sandy to hone his skills in a slower motion environment.

He needs a good run at it like Poo has had. Even if he needs a few games at Sandy to hone his skills in a slower motion environment.
The thing I reckon he really needs to work on is keeping his feet. He is a great contested mark but he always goes to ground in marking contests. Needs to watch some tape of Carey who was never out of a contest. Often if Chito doesn't mark it the ball rebounds away fast because he's on the ground and left for dead.

Had an interesting discussion with a mate this morning.

He thinks we should go after Hawkins for a 2 year playing/coaching role.

To help get the best out of Max and Hammer.

I've heard worse ideas.

On CPH2145 using BigFooty.com mobile app
The same Hawkins who has kicked 1 goal in the past 5 weeks despite the quality of delivery Geelong fwds get?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting from Tom Morris just on my TV that the Pou’s manager had tweeted that Pou, King and Owens have all gone backwards under Ross. Strange thing to do. Puts his client under undue pressure. Did I hear it right?
Seems strange. Must have deleted it quickly since his twitter is showing he hasn't tweeted in a year.

From memory it was a different person tweeting this, can’t recall.

Off topic - Since it’s no longer twitter but X, we can’t call them tweets, what do we call them?
Must be someone else at the management company. That's just the guy Phillipou's dad tags in everything so I assume he was the main guy.

Still call them tweets since most people still call it twitter.

From memory it was a different person tweeting this, can’t recall.

Off topic - Since it’s no longer twitter but X, we can’t call them tweets, what do we call them?

ex-tweets, as they're all bitter, jaded and spew nonsense to anyone that will listen.

Must be someone else at the management company. That's just the guy Phillipou's dad tags in everything so I assume he was the main guy.

I'd assume that unless the AFL media pick up on it, like leaches on blood, it's a rando being random on not much in these sort of situations.

if anyone associated with accredited AFL managers was all "these 3 players can EAD and HTFU" AFL media would be fanning those flames as quick as they can.

ex-tweets, as they're all bitter, jaded and spew nonsense to anyone that will listen.

I'd assume that unless the AFL media pick up on it, like leaches on blood, it's a rando being random on not much in these sort of situations.

if anyone associated with accredited AFL managers was all "these 3 players can EAD and HTFU" AFL media would be fanning those flames as quick as they can.
Phillipou is with a very small management group with maybe 1 or 2 other AFL/AFLW listed players so it might also be a case that most AFL media have no idea who this guy is except Tom Morris who is going to push the story to make it something.

Still www.twitter.com so whoever replaces elon when they drag him off to the funny farm will probably change it back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back