Game Day Round 9 vs. WCE, Marvel, 1:00pm Sun 12/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
There’s backs to the wall and then there’s…this. A VFL forward line?

Bizarre situation to be in. Seems like only yesterday - or last week? - when we were feeling pretty good about our injury profile (with some exceptions).

Fly’s a genius but even he will struggle to get this to work. Interesting game coming up.

Yes, it’s going to be a very interesting watch. Those demanding more selection of youth are certainly getting what they want.

Fortunately most of our outs are short-term, with at least some of them back as soon as next week.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Fly said Sidey off half back is something they are experimenting with.
Saw lippa on the wing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I worry about Sidey in the backline.

Can’t remember the last time he punched the ball in a marking contest.

Having 6 or 7 best 23 out is never great.

Having 5 of them concentrated in one area of the ground is the even greater challenge.

On a positive playing WC in Melbourne is probably on par with playing North in terms of good timing. It could have been much worse.

Another potential positive will be if a few of our fringe types can step up and look like genuine depth for our AFL side.

Fair to say plenty of people will finally get their wish this week and we "just play them".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Allan will debut 🤫

I like it. Some players just go better at AFL level, surrounded by higher quality players, than they do at VFL level. I’ve long had a gut feeling that Allan will be one such player. Here’s hoping!

I hope too that we can finally get a clear read on Macrae. I’ve not been a believer to date but now he gets a chance to earn an extended run in the seniors. His destiny is in his own hands. I look forward to him converting me into a true believer.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Having 5 of them concentrated in one area of the ground is the even greater challenge.

On a positive playing WC in Melbourne is probably on par with playing North in terms of good timing. It could have been much worse.

Another potential positive will be if a few of our fringe types can step up and look like genuine depth for our AFL side.

Fair to say plenty of people will finally get their wish this week and we "just play them".
Thank goodness Yeo & Waterman are out.

Fly has put on the record how he is a fan of Krueger. If he plays a solid 4 quarter game this week he will be a big chance to be selected as we are crying out for a big body in our forward line.

But you have to look at his track record. The club don't want to be a man down ten minutes into the first term and that is always a possibility with Freddy.
They must have been very keen on him in 2022. They brought him in as sub for a final on the back of no footy in over 2 months. It's been downhill since then though for Freddy.

If he stopped launching like a lunatic, he might be able to play a Jarrod Molloy style of game.

They must have been very keen on him in 2022. They brought him in as sub for a final on the back of no footy in over 2 months. It's been downhill since then though for Freddy.

If he stopped launching like a lunatic, he might be able to play a Jarrod Molloy style of game.
Or even Chloe?

If we minimize impact of Sheed and Kelly we should kick a winning score. Imagine they might try and tag Nick with Ginbey and just hope he can keep up

And if GC were a better team they would’ve smashed the Lions last week.

This will be a hard game for us to win with our out. Tough game with them in. Just harder without.

Out: Mihochek - In: McInnes
Out: McCreery - In: Sullivan
Out: Schultz - In: Macrae
Out: Elliott - In: Allan (Sub)

At least that’s what I’m hoping.
Don’t mind the changes but I think you’re one short. You’ve got Allan replacing Elliott as the sub, but if you’re counting Sullivan as an in for McReery then Allan as the sub is really replacing Sullivan as the sub so we need another in for Elliott (I hope that made sense).

Another way to explain it is you have 4 going out of the 23 from last week but only 3 coming in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back