The one question I want the club to answer

Remove this Banner Ad

SnowRoo

Premiership Player
Feb 2, 2011
Berwick
AFL Club
North Melbourne
As a long time North supporter, member, cheer squad member and generational North lover, how can any parent encourage their child to build a passion for North Melbourne football and love this club?

This club has been passed from generation to generation through my family, no North loving mother or father has a chance with their child now.

How can we hold our heads high knowing we have lost a generation of support and the future members of such a small club?

The club don't give a s**t mate. I cancelled 3 memberships this year, 1 of them was a 6 year old one was a 9 year old. Members from birth. They didn't ask why. They didn't try to keep them. They just gave my money back and sent me on my way.

I think the club is just purely inept, from top to bottom.

So hear me out, I really think this is indicative of how the club is run.

So I (as would others have) received an invitation to attend the “members appreciation” day, starting at 9:45am to watch the players train get some autographs and a bbq.

I unfortunately couldn’t get there until around an hour and a bit late so 10:50am, it’s all over, bbq packed up, players gone back to the rooms, nada nothing, no one.

Ok sure my fault for being late but FMD this “members appreciation” event lasted 75 minutes and managed to cram in a bbq, catch up with players and watch the players train???

If the intended time frame was indeed an hour only why not let people know, I had issues getting transport and thought ok might miss the training but surely the players would be around still or maybe the bbq would be going, who the heck has a bbq at 10am.

Total ineptitude, just like on field..!

My daughter has never seen NMFC win.

She turns 5 this week and has been coming to home games with me for 2 years.

Not once.
My 10 yo son said he didn’t want to come this week, and we were laughing that we’d finally get a win and he’d miss it. Turns out he was right and we should have all saved our Sunday evening.

The club don't give a s**t mate. I cancelled 3 memberships this year, 1 of them was a 6 year old one was a 9 year old. Members from birth. They didn't ask why. They didn't try to keep them. They just gave my money back and sent me on my way.

Hell even my previous internet service provider wanted to know why I was leaving and that was from an overseas call center 🤣

I think the club is just purely inept, from top to bottom.

So hear me out, I really think this is indicative of how the club is run.

So I (as would others have) received an invitation to attend the “members appreciation” day, starting at 9:45am to watch the players train get some autographs and a bbq.

I unfortunately couldn’t get there until around an hour and a bit late so 10:50am, it’s all over, bbq packed up, players gone back to the rooms, nada nothing, no one.

Ok sure my fault for being late but FMD this “members appreciation” event lasted 75 minutes and managed to cram in a bbq, catch up with players and watch the players train???

If the intended time frame was indeed an hour only why not let people know, I had issues getting transport and thought ok might miss the training but surely the players would be around still or maybe the bbq would be going, who the * has a bbq at 10am.

Total ineptitude, just like on field..!

At least you got an invite

The one question I want them to answer is what is so good about Brady Rawlings that makes you think he’s the best person for his job?

If he’s not the one making the calls he’s the one in charge of the person making the calls.

Why were priority picks used on small outside back flankers/wings (Fisher & Stephens)? What was seen as so essential to those 2? Why would you not realise we could get small slight outside players late in the draft or even as a rookie?

Oh cool Sheez Wardlaw Kerch Duursma fell into his lap. Big whoop.

My 10 yo son said he didn’t want to come this week, and we were laughing that we’d finally get a win and he’d miss it. Turns out he was right and we should have all saved our Sunday evening.

Well I ummmed and ahhhhhd all week thinking can I do the 4 hour drive and get home 9pmish

Had the guilts up but just couldn’t do it and was expecting a win and my mates telling me all about it tomorrow

Instead it will be the same old Monday morning chat of the past 5 seasons

I had a son recently and named him Joey.. I’ll now be telling him he is named after a character on a sitcom not this rabble of a football team.
How's he doin? :cool:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back