QFA Div 2 North

Remove this Banner Ad

Wait until 6 kids come to the bench to get a drink then get stung by the umpire for the 6,6,6 rule

Bloody stupid

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I hate to be the odd one out here but I find it really hard to believe that any kids are in any sort of exhaustion risk in a 15 min quarter in an outdoor winter sport that starts in mid April and finishes in 1st week of Sept.

In fact I’m not sure you need in-game on rotations for kids footy at all. Have 20 max to a team and 8 kids have 1 quarter on the bench each.

Then at maybe when the ages has 20 min quarters come in start interchanges.

So a QAFL club in waiting leaves all the negotiating with AFLQ to secure a vital part of its license requirements to the crew operating their social Fri night offering?

Okaaaayyyyyyy!
Not sure if I’m responding to stupidity or ignorance. I clearly said key committee members were involved, but I get that doesn’t fit your negative Coorparoo narrative.

No you didn’t. You said you’re not in the committee but head up footy ops for Div 1 and Qaflw. You also said the Fri night crew lead the discussions to get a second side.

The premise for the second side being coops won’t regain colts if not permitted. Not sure about governance in your world but I’m sure you can see that’s hard to believe?

Critical for the success of the QAFL licence and it was left to the chits and giggles bois?

It’s not anti Coops. It’s just barely plausible is all.

They'll have to field 4 x mens teams next year, so it kind of makes sense.

Then on the other hand, unless this 4th team is predominantly made up of Colts eligible players, or even more important, players Colts eligible in 2025, then it doesn't really make sense at all.
It’s nothing to do with Colts age eligibility at all.

My mail is that there are some 80 players active in the Friday night program above and beyond the separate QFA Div 1 program that has a similar overflow. So circa 150 players looking to find themselves in 88 jumpers each week.

Who in Div 2 North needs numbers?

I hate to be the odd one out here but I find it really hard to believe that any kids are in any sort of exhaustion risk in a 15 min quarter in an outdoor winter sport that starts in mid April and finishes in 1st week of Sept.

In fact I’m not sure you need in-game on rotations for kids footy at all. Have 20 max to a team and 8 kids have 1 quarter on the bench each.

Then at maybe when the ages has 20 min quarters come in start interchanges.
I'm with you - all this rotation rubbish in junior footy and kids standing in a fwd pocket sprinting off the ground bc thats what happens at the 7min mark is ludicrous. Junior footy players don't require a rest - most rarely run up and down the ground like Sam Walsh which is the justification at the elite level.

I don't think it matters who's driving the two Friday teams.
It just doesn't fit with previous decisions.
Some clubs wanted two teams so they could get back to Saturday footy.
Some just had heaps of blokes and wanted two teams.
All of which were reasonable requests but flatly denied.
I don't blame Coorparoo for trying it on.
The inconsistent decisions are coming from one place.
I don't think reducing the numbers in junior footy is a well thought out one.
So instead of two kids getting to put the jumper on the coach now has to tell them your not playing at all.
And as far as water carriers go you now have excluded the left out kids from running a bit of water for their mates.
As stated above I don't believe that water carriers cause a huge disruption to the game.
Have run a bit a water for kids and can tell you I was constantly filling up bottles so I believe it's a service that's most definitely required.
The biggest problem I see is not that they are making changes.
It's they don't understand the ramifications of the decisions they make.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I don't think it matters who's driving the two Friday teams.
It just doesn't fit with previous decisions.
Some clubs wanted two teams so they could get back to Saturday footy.
Some just had heaps of blokes and wanted two teams.
All of which were reasonable requests but flatly denied.
I don't blame Coorparoo for trying it on.
The inconsistent decisions are coming from one place.
I don't think reducing the numbers in junior footy is a well thought out one.
So instead of two kids getting to put the jumper on the coach now has to tell them your not playing at all.
And as far as water carriers go you now have excluded the left out kids from running a bit of water for their mates.
As stated above I don't believe that water carriers cause a huge disruption to the game.
Have run a bit a water for kids and can tell you I was constantly filling up bottles so I believe it's a service that's most definitely required.
The biggest problem I see is not that they are making changes.
It's they don't understand the ramifications of the decisions they make.

On CPH2483 using BigFooty.com mobile app
Maybe the justification for reduced numbers comes from many teams not having the required 22 or a club that has 40 players maybe scraping 2 sides together now - I'm not sure. If it was all about getting extra kids playing then extend the bench to 6 - but I think less playing more isn't a bad idea. If you have a squad of 24 and all are available (possible but unlikely) then farm the extras out that week to clubs in need (if you are allowed?)

What does everyone reckon about the new 21 day stand down for concussions at all levels of footy. How are they gunna police this one!
I suppose like many things it ends up in the hands of people who care - including coaches who will have signed a doc that says they will abide by these sort of provisions.
It's a changing time - heard Garry Lyon say the other night he never would have thought he'd see the day where a player ran off the ground in a GF and ruled himself out of the game.
You would love to think if good enough at AFL level, good enough for a community coach.

I suppose like many things it ends up in the hands of people who care - including coaches who will have signed a doc that says they will abide by these sort of provisions.
It's a changing time - heard Garry Lyon say the other night he never would have thought he'd see the day where a player ran off the ground in a GF and ruled himself out of the game.
You would love to think if good enough at AFL level, good enough for a community coach.
Seeing people in their 40s struggling, chronic headaches etc will hopefully over rule the staunch vision of a another W.

I don’t disagree but you need to be very careful how much is put on volunteers at local level to be the judge of medical issues when the elite level have experienced & qualified persons on hand for immediate & referral decision making plus education sessions for the players. At times you’re lucky to get some local players to training let alone getting them educated.

Seeing people in their 40s struggling, chronic headaches etc will hopefully over rule the staunch vision of an another W.
Again I don’t disagree but imo there are plenty more old guys limping around with knees etc so is the local coach now going to tell players when they have to stop playing the game at a certain age, fitness level or injury?

The association needs to set up a clear path process to subsidized medical assessment from the appropriate physicians.(I know there exists a loose outline now)

BTW how come the elite stay at 12 days off and local is 3 weeks?

BTW how come the elite stay at 12 days off and local is 3 weeks?
The statement is that the elite will get elite medical treatment. A large proportion of local players will go to the hospital (hopefully) be assessed as yes they have a concussion then sent home. But not actually follow a structured routine to clear up the effects as quickly as possible.

The statement is that the elite will get elite medical treatment. A large proportion of local players will go to the hospital (hopefully) be assessed as yes they have a concussion then sent home. But not actually follow a structured routine to clear up the effects as quickly as possible.
And also the elite players get near immediate access to a doctor, there's no guarantee that a community level player will even get to see a doctor once if they try to book an appointment a week in advance, much less twice as seems to be the requirement (once to get contact training clearance, another to get game clearance).

at what point does personal responsibility come into play?

mandatory 21 days will make (some) players fearful of even being checked for a concussion if they know the outcome is 3 weeks on the sideline, even moreso for teenage boys who are prone to silly decisions

there is nothing more certain that some players won't get checked out just before finals if they cop a head knock that isn't an immediately obvious concussion. not saying it'd be bright to do so, but when a flag is in the offing - even at community level - the long term can often be set aside

Remove this Banner Ad

Back