Review Cats down Blues by 13 points.

Remove this Banner Ad

Great win by the cats. Playing like a team that dominated the competition only a couple of years ago. (Something that the entire media had clearly forgotten)
I’ve been fine with Touhy this year, think he still has a lot to give the team and geez he delivered today!
What a team! The young guns are awesome. Miers and Dempsey’s field kicking is elite! How lucky are we!
Only disappointing thing is Danger. It didn’t look good, reckon he’ll be out for at least 6

Bowes is fast becoming my favorite player

As tough as they come

Stengle we need to sign ASAP
His calmness under pressure is something you can’t teach.
Unlike other FP he’s not hungry, he’s extremely team orientated

Great call on both accounts calder_daddy:

With that Gold Coast pick 7 on offer I think it was both Hawthorn and Essendon that made better offers for Bowes but Geelong had been interested in Bowes for sometime thanks to Paddy Dangerfield and Gazza Jnr who both had a excellent opinions of him as a footballer. In the end Bowes selected Geelong because they wanted him 'as a footballer' and the less money was secondary. Just a great get by the Cats and me like you calder_daddy: I've really taken to Bowes and yep his got a real hardness to him on top of his excellent vison and composure. Stengle has been a unbelievable get, feel like we won Tattslotto there and you're dead right about his unselfishness which I wrote a couple of weeks ago, an area where he's really improved upon this year.

Last edited:

Sucked in booing Carlton muppets. Great win by the boys. Clinical for most of the game.

Jezza just so deadly in front of goal. Loving our attacking game style now. Getting some real good looks out the back on turnovers and punishing the opposition.

The melts from Carlton supporters whinging about free kicks when it was 4 more to their advantage is hilarious 😂

7 - 0 👶! 😍😍🤙

If someone sad emoji his posts is that considered as trolling and will said person get a ban.

Asking for a mate

You'd likely receive a PM asking you to stop troll reacting on an opposition board

Keep going and it'll start with a reaction ban for a period, followed by a board ban and then potentially further sanctions

MAY I heed a suggestion - we've had a number of our posters over the years bitch & complain to the mod team about the actions of opposition posters on our board, and that includes continued laugh reactions

IF it's something you don't like being on the end of, then maybe don't do the same on other boards

BUT if you do decide to go trolling elsewhere, don't come back and bitch about the response you receive...

Weird, I thought Dempsey had a great game but turns out he only touched it 13 times. Must've been early on but felt like he was involved in everything.

He only had 4 touches after HT.

You'd likely receive a PM asking you to stop troll reacting on an opposition board

Keep going and it'll start with a reaction ban for a period, followed by a board ban and then potentially further sanctions

MAY I heed a suggestion - we've had a number of our posters over the years bitch & complain to the mod team about the actions of opposition posters on our board, and that includes continued laugh reactions

IF it's something you don't like being on the end of, then maybe don't do the same on other boards

BUT if you do decide to go trolling elsewhere, don't come back and bitch about the response you receive...
It’s the main board relax
I might scout the opposition boards but don’t like nor comment on anything

Just a background lurker

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How long until we get taken seriously, and we start being shown some respect for what we're doing

I caught bit of Armchair Experts last night, and they asked the question about would the winner of today's clash be the new premiership favourite. They seemed to agree that it would be the case if Carlton won, but there'd likely still be questions over us
I’m really enjoying it. Totally written off in the off season. Commentators and ‘experts’ giving us nothing. Bet teams and coaches are taking us seriously.

Conway coming in for Stanley is an obvious one after that game. Stewart back in.

Paddy now out for a month. Like to see Hardie given an opportunity at some stage. Parfitt wouldn’t want another game like that one next week. There’s a few waiting in the wings.

Dont think you can risk conway vs gawn (it would be a huge call) but he will overtake rhys soon at this rate.

Paddy is a big loss. You would assume hardie or mannagh come in.

Parf has been good this year but tonight shows why id prefer atkins over him if we only have room for one.

Geelong are so well drilled and it showed.

We will do much better when we don't have literally half our side out admittedly but what Geelong do is second nature. Well coached, well drilled. Always seemed to have an answer when it got close.

I've no doubt the first half of your second sentence will be the media's theme tomorrow.......

Great to hold out I can’t help but feel that tonight was full of problems that we need to solve by the times finals comes.

The fear of our ball movement over the top dictated how skinny Carlton set up. Which when added to their s**t skills resulted in our win. We can’t just count on the opponent’s poor skill.

They were so dominant on the inside they had control of the pay but we had the best moments.

In the 2nd half a few of our counters came stuck as the ball handler didn’t see the extra supporting player that was clear centrally. We also gave a couple of goals from turnovers from blazing I50 to a free Carlton player.

I think we’ll keep banking the wins while we can but I expect us to pivot. To what I don’t know.

Hawkins was s**t but Carlton gave him respect. Our first goal of the 2nd quarter worked as Hawkins dragged Weitering up the ground away from the D50. As long as the opposition deploys resources to stop without exploiting Hawkins, He’ll have a place this year.

Worried about Danger he changed the inside battle when he was in there. We still need his cameos.

Guthrie was good but very rusty when moving in the open with the ball. Contracted for next year. Ball magnet but we need him to be efficient.

Touhy doesn’t have to kick 3 to prove his worth, his output has been understated, he isn’t a top 10 player for us he doesn’t need too 10 player numbers.

We had a bit of panic moments late in the 4th quarter but we got to contingency plan for a holding a late lead scenario. It worked

Dempsey’s first quarter was so dominant he was miers and 2022 Holmes at once.

I'm here to own up. I can no longer quote it directly in the gameday thread BORIS332 said

I am one of those posters that questioned his "match fitness".

I am happy to announce something. I WAS WRONG!
I am one also.

I still can’t quite believe he had 27 possessions. That had to be the quietest 27 possession game I have ever seen. I hardly noticed he was out there.

Let’s not write off Hawkins please. There was plenty coming for Joel in his last year. Weitering played a great game, but we were still very efficient inside 50, and Cameron benefited from not playing on Weitering and no McGovern. Our forwards and backs always give us a chance, the ability of those groups to stand up and share the load is pretty special.

Stanley is more of a concern. He’s just really bad sometimes, fumbling early and uncompetitive for a lot of the evening. Just got dominated.

Dont think you can risk conway vs gawn (it would be a huge call) but he will overtake rhys soon at this rate.

Paddy is a big loss. You would assume hardie or mannagh come in.

Parf has been good this year but tonight shows why id prefer atkins over him if we only have room for one.

Stanley got balted by a second string ruck. It's not really much of a risk. I'd back him in.

Parfitt particularly disappointing. With him finally getting regular games you'd hope he'd have shown a lot more vigor.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back