VFL VFL Round 5 v Essendon. Saturday April 27. 2:05pm @ Victoria Park

Remove this Banner Ad

Just a quick observation of AJ, he has to get to the front of contests more, even if his opponent is taller. Curnow has made a career out of it
Watching him today, he is going to need alot of work to have any hope of being a backman. His marking is good, but he doesn't seem to worry much about his opponent.

I think he is only a forward. Maybe they should let him roam up higher, rather than having him play too deep.

I'm tipping big Josh has torn shreds off them at half-time. Good to see some effort and a response
When Macrae does, the whole team looks so much better. It's why I think we need to give him games.
Posters talk about players and confidence, well, this kid doesn't get much of an opportunity in the seniors. Probably wonders each game if he'll get 1 or 2 quarters and if the coach actually has any faith in him.

Excellent pressure - much stronger at the contest. Really shutting down Ess peripheral players now and forcing the turnovers.

Fwd 50 entries and transition into the forward line is still average, but greatly improved.

Go Pies!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

All the negative nancies have disappeared from this thread? Where are they now? 😆
I just hope those saying we have no decent young talent stick to their guns. Surely 20 minutes of VFL footy doesn’t change such a fundamental view.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

When Macrae does, the whole team looks so much better. It's why I think we need to give him games.
Posters talk about players and confidence, well, this kid doesn't get much of an opportunity in the seniors. Probably wonders each game if he'll get 1 or 2 quarters and if the coach actually has any faith in him.

There's a reason he doesn't get much opportunity in the seniors.

He needs to be dominating games like this against weak opposition. He's 22, not a kid anymore

Yeah things are really good now, only losing by 7 points to a winless team after losing to a team last week that hadn't won in 600+ days.
Thanks Marvin.

There's a reason he doesn't get much opportunity in the seniors.

He needs to be dominating games like this against weak opposition. He's 22, not a kid anymore
I think he was last season.
Wasn't he averaging over 25 touches a game and half a dozen clearances in 2023?

I wouldn't be surprised if after the first few weeks seeing little game time before being dropped back to the VFL, he has given up and looking at moving elsewhere end of season.

Aj moved forward to get an experienced backman in Glover back there. Having said that I definitely think AJ will make it as a backman. Needs a preseason with the backs, let’s hope he gets that one last chance.

Yeah things are really good now, only losing by 7 points to a winless team after losing to a team last week that hadn't won in 600+ days.
I hope you realise the team they lost to last week is not the same team which had gone 600+ days without winning a game.

But don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.

And I'm sure you also realise that our VFL side has gone through a lot of changes from last year & even from last week.

At least that qtr gave your fingers a rest. 😉

Remove this Banner Ad

Back