Game Day Round 8 vs. Carlton, MCG, 7:40pm Fri 03/05

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
How about we win one more GF this year (not against Carlton), then the next we play is against the Blues - I could live with that
I'm not sure I like the 'the next we play is against the Blues'.

Much prefer 'the next we WIN is against the Blues'.

Just in case the footy gods are reading this, words are important 😉

Crisp is a big body and needed for Cripps so he won’t be dropped.

As I was saying in my post… none of the veterans will be dropped.

The coaching group are going to 95% stick to the same line up all year.

The best the kids can hope for is a cameo

Reef only got his block of games cause Johnson is out of sorts and mcstay injured

Tough for any young player to break into the weekly 22… when the senior players can get 3, 7 or 11 possessions in 70-80% game time

And still be a lock to play the following week 🤷‍♀️

Not sure why Schultz is copping so much on here compared to some of the other lacklustre performers yesterday. I've said this 100 times if we used a first rounder on a kid rather than Schultz we possibly wouldn't be seeing them consolidated in the 22 for years, let alone playing one of the hardest roles in footy and kicking a goal a game. He's more susceptible to quiet games than even WHE or Lipinski in that role.

Anyway, Carlton are known to smash us on the inside. Even Cerra has been known to look like Diesel Williams against us. And Curnow will worry Moore as always and Frampton will have his hands full with McKay.

BUT if we can bring it to ground... We need to exploit spuds like Owies, Cottrell and Hollands rebounding out of the D50. If we can't do that, we don't deserve to win. I'd be tempted to bring Markov back in to play alongside Noble but I'm not sure who comes out of the backline to cater for it, unless he starts on the bench.

As others have said, I'd expect the running players of WHE and Sidebottom to bounce back after a longer lay off.

I'd like to see HH onto the field as well, deserves his spot.

The only player I can bring myself to drop for Markov is Lipinski... 🤷
Yep. Our issue this year has been the midfield not flankers, but the flankers cop all the flack because they're quiet when we get smashed in the midfield.

Moore or Frampton on which of Curnow or McKay? Thoughts?

Frampton not been as good past two weeks. Not bad just not lighting it up like the two weeks before that. But he’ll need to take one.

I’d probably play him on McKay. Try and keep him out of it.

Darcy on Curnow. Best you don’t get too close to him. Breathe in his direction and he’ll get a free.

Moore tends to get Mckay? But either one would do. Can always mix it up.
Should be interesting. Now we have Moore and Frampton (genuine tall lock down defender) as the main two instead of Moore and Murphy (who was undersized and an interceptor).

Moore and Murph worked so well together. I reckon we’re seeing some synching up happening now with Moore and Frampton. Moore is playing much better footy again past couple of weeks. Looks like he has his confidence back. Taking marks that he was taking last year, but wasn’t taking it the first few games this year.

Curnow really concerns me. He’s freakishly strong, let alone he’ll be good for at least a couple of freebie shots at goal, courtesy of the umps.

McRae for Mitchell?
Dean ?
Jiath?

lmfao Jiath nowhere near ready, McRae supds it up in AFl would get smashed by Cripps and Walsh, Dean over Framton, seriously are you on drugs?
He hardly has spud it this year
Brief cameo as sub than 1 game needs an extended shot.
I said in the future. Howe will need replacing doubt Frampton is the answer so desperately need these 2 to come on.
Also desperately miss Murphy but he ain't coming back. Challenges ahead.
But over the last 22 years = 11 preliminary so the footy program speaks for itself and can rejuvenate Got to give kids a go to avoid cliffs Richmond or West Coast style

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out crisp...side bum and Mitchell

In

As I was saying in my post… none of the veterans will be dropped.

The coaching group are going to 95% stick to the same line up all year.

The best the kids can hope for is a cameo

Reef only got his block of games cause Johnson is out of sorts and mcstay injured

Tough for any young player to break into the weekly 22… when the senior players can get 3, 7 or 11 possessions in 70-80% game time

And still be a lock to play the following week 🤷‍♀️
I just want pace and more pace

Harrison in 22
Markov in
Sullivan in

Sidebum managed
Mitchell managed
Pendles sub

To all the posters im 41. Don't really give much of a s**t about Carlton or the so called rivalry. They've done bugger all si ce 2000.
Brisbane back early 00s or even Essendon lately with close finishes has an edge. Or giants and west coast when we played in finals.
Is it an older supporters thing?
Dislike Essendon crows and swans for other reasons. Don't care about Carlton

To all the posters im 41. Don't really give much of a s**t about Carlton or the so called rivalry. They've done bugger all si ce 2000.
Brisbane back early 00s or even Essendon lately with close finishes has an edge. Or giants and west coast when we played in finals.
Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it

That's kind of what we're saying. For those of us who did experience that era with Blues beating us in so many GF's.. some of us are still carrying the trauma.

And that's why we loathe Carlton so much.

What I'm curious about is, why do so many oppo supporters hate us? Particularly when we're the team they most likely have beaten in a GF, lol. I don't dislike the teams we've beaten in GF's anywhere near as much as those who have beaten us.

Your life is over. All downhill from there.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just want pace and more pace

Harrison in 22
Markov in
Sullivan in

Sidebum managed
Mitchell managed
Pendles sub

I agree with most of those changes…and the need for more youthful legs, pace and run

By the end of this round Pies are likely to be 10 points and 20% behind top 4 teams

So huge game coming up against Carlton

Lose that… and it becomes 4 wins behind top 4 teams and then the pies top 4 chances likely gone 🤷‍♀️

That's kind of what we're saying. For those of us who did experience that era with Blues beating us in so many GF's.. some of us are still carrying the trauma.

And that's why we loathe Carlton so much.

What I'm curious about is, why do so many oppo supporters hate us? Particularly when we're the team they most likely have beaten in a GF, lol. I don't dislike the teams we've beaten in GF's anywhere near as much as those who have beaten us.
Yesterday was unbelievable. Played like a granny. High intensity start to finish could of gone either way and didn't. 93k
Look it was just a h and a but no other clubs are capable of that.
I do t even care about Anzac fixtures let hawthorn and stkilda play and they'll draw 40k
In fact another club can have it.
But if essendon v collingwood was first Friday in June it would still draw.
In other words jealous.
But instead of worrying tread their own path. (Something Geelong discovered btw quite successfully)

I agree with most of those changes…and the need for more youthful legs, pace and run

By the end of this round Pies are likely to be 10 points and 20% behind top 4 teams

So huge game coming up against Carlton

Lose that… and it becomes 4 wins behind top 4 teams and then the pies top 4 chances likely gone 🤷‍♀️
As we were both saying before yesterday's match

With a 5 day turn a round whe was never gonna back up his unbelievable game
Sidebum was always gonna struggle
I was pleasantly surprised how well pendles and Elliott back it up

For me Mitchell I'm over him I'm stoked he helped us win a flag but shouldn't be an automatic selection

Match committee needs to be more flexible and open minded and select the 23 based on the fixture/form/ and age even a young player shouldn't be belted with a 5 day break

Rotate the squad and see the benefits

Bloody Geelong are the best at this....

I’m about to turn 40 (Tuesday after this game incidentally so please win for me!!).

I hate Carlton more than than the rest. I was indoctrinated early by my boomer Dad. Doesn’t matter that I didn’t personally experience it.

I agree though, Brisbane were it for me from early 2000s heartbreak. And then Geelong. Hatred for them runs deep.

But Carlton, that’s a whole other level!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back