Player Watch #44: Cameron Zurhaar - [AFL.com] NM offers 5yr deal - CZ interest from SYD/GC - CZ mgr says 'wants to see improvement' & 'team success'

Remove this Banner Ad

I know he slimmed down over the preseason, but he plays so bloody "heavy". You'd think he was 120kgs with his enormous turning circle and the way he can't stop himself moving forward after landing when missing a mark.

I don't see him being checked out.

The effort is there, but he is dropping marks off his chest, fumbling the ball, and trying to take three guys on at once. He is clearly in his own head and needs to relax a bit.

Maybe he needs to buy another dog.

It is unbelievably difficult to support someone who is holding the club to ransom over an improvement clause whilst doing absolutely minimal to turn the tide himself.

Cancerous attitude.
If that’s what is actually happening, it would be pretty ordinary - all we know for sure is that right now he is not doing enough onfield to lift the team or his own value.

Heard something Cornes said today he look like a fool if he left North after what he said about Horne-Francis
Your first mistake was listening to Cornes. Personally I reckon putting in 6 seasons of effort is slightly higher on the respect scale than the 6 hours you slept in your jumper at draft time to pretend you wanted to go to a club.

Crikey - now I'm conflicted.

I'm due a set of tyres in the not too distant future. I was looking for something a bit quieter than the ones on my vehicle (the hotrod mobility scooter Ligma ) and I was thinking Continental. Crikey, now I'm in a state of bother. I have limited choices.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Crikey - now I'm conflicted.

I'm due a set of tyres in the not too distant future. I was looking for something a bit quieter than the ones on my vehicle (the hotrod mobility scooter Ligma ) and I was thinking Continental. Crikey, now I'm in a state of bother. I have limited choices.
Wait for Black Friday if you can mate, Pirelli's 50% off at My car.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I'll stick my neck out - still want to retain him and would pay up to do so.

Talent doesn't leave you.

Have we not given up enough capable seniors to learn chasing youth isn't the silver bullet?
I’m happy to retain him, but it is basing staying on the side improving, he among others need to sort their shit.

And fast.

Wait for Black Friday if you can mate, Pirelli's 50% off at My car.

Sent from my SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app
I can wait it out until then for sure. Jax were significantly lower in price than my car last time I bought pzeros but have ramped up prices since then by a fair margin. And they are pretty noisy ( not that my car is overly quiet anyway). However, I will probably go Pirelli to replace the OEM rubber now that I know continental sponsor *

Cam currently has Zero Impact on games.
He can't break a tackle, isn't clean when handling the ball and frankly providing this team with nothing.
A couple of flash in the pan games a few years ago isn't worth keeping him in hope he improves.

Have we not given up enough capable seniors to learn chasing youth isn't the silver bullet?
I strongly suspect that North will be chasing a couple of free agents at the end of this season to start to fill some of those age demographic spots pointed out by Rick18 so losing Zurhaar to a free agency move would be a disaster. They might accept a trade deal similar to the CCJ deal with Richmond but I reckon they will try to convince him to stay. There is still a bit in the war chest so rumour has it.

Since when is someone who has a 5 year offer on the table and sniffing out FA and moves elsewhere giving them up?

When will people learn to just move on from the rats.

People were slow to turn around on JHF until the final moment, the same with McKay, people were defending him for most of last year.

I guess the same now with Zurhaar.

He's off. Unless he plays so shit for the remainder of the season and then turns around to try and take the 5 year deal from the club for self preservation, Ben Brown style.

If I was the club, I'd be pulling that 5 year deal, and it would be a 2 year deal now instead. a 5 year deal for Zurhaar at this point has Simpkin/McDonald written all over it.

If he is off, let's hope the AFL use this as a way to give us another PP without doing so.

I strongly suspect that North will be chasing a couple of free agents at the end of this season to start to fill some of those age demographic spots pointed out by Rick18 so losing Zurhaar to a free agency move would be a disaster. They might accept a trade deal similar to the CCJ deal with Richmond but I reckon they will try to convince him to stay. There is still a bit in the war chest so rumour has it.

Not if we get pick 2 for Zurhaar we wont.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back