Review Good, Bad, Keeping shape, keeping shat - Crows V Bombers

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm hanging out for the "Coach Nicks has the Board's full confidence" statement, coming soon to a Presser near you.

I wish.
I have about the same confidence in the players at the moment. Play a patch then go missing. Chuck in a show pony softie, a couple of slowies with a shallow list and ya ****ed

New club theme song:

We’re the joke of South Australia, we’re the sloppy Adelaide Fumblers,
Some of us squib in marking contests, others pad their stat numbers,
Spud shape keepers, brick handed ruckman, our selection couldn’t be dumber,
We’re the joke of South Australia, we’re the sloppy Adelaide Fumblers.

Pretty much the same as many others -
What is going on frustration at the things that are controllable?
Team selection - how did Laird and Smith get games this week when both could barely move out there?
Ned is a chook. Wings be a flappin and that's about it.

Slow safe wide long high ball returned for 3 qtrs. Go kart footy doesn't cut it at Formula one level.

Fumble, fumble fumble. What do we do all week? sit around listening to Rankine banging out the "too sexy" tunes.
Squibbing is ok at Adelaide, Nicks clearly allows it.

Hamill is going to get KO'd again the way he positions himself over the ground ball, he's a danger unto himself.

Last edited:
That’s what also didnt help when we had momentum, that stupid kick ins that they marked uncontested. We did this 4 or 5 times in a row, what an absolute joke. Yet they walked out from our behind without being touched. Our overall skills are atrocious and I can’t understand what the hell we did in 3 months of pre season

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.comi
Doesn't help when the majority of kick in are done by bomb king Smith, Hinge did them as well so seem to be instructed but then Worrell did a few long kick to free players.

The Bad:

Supporters thinking if we bring in a new coach we suddenly turn from a garbage club to even an average club.

For two decades this club has been building towards the downward spiral we now find ourselves stuck in. There is no way of getting out of this with a few bandages. We need a complete overhaul from the board down.
I've tried to convince myself that things will change once members are allowed to vote for the board (is that 2027?) but then realise our members are likely mostly the happy clappers on FB, and nothing will actually change.

Blatant 50m penalty for entering the protected area late 4th quarter not called. Would have been a set shot from 20m out. Just as bad as the HTB non call at the end. Essendon got the rub of the green all night.
Yes surprised that not mentioned before, that was a worse non decision than lay on ball .
So clear he was well in wrong area with no Crows players anywhere

Pretty much the same as many others -
What is going on frustration at the the things that are controllable?
Team selection - how did Laird and Smith get games this week when both could barely move out there?
Ned is a chook. Wings be a flappin and that's about it.

Slow safe wide long high ball returned for 3 qtrs. Go kart footy doesn't cut it at Formula one level.

Fumble, fumble fumble. What do we do all week? sit around listening to Rankine banging out the "too sexy" tunes.
Squibbing is ok at Adelaide, Nicks clearly allows it.

Hamill is going to get KO'd again the way he positions himself over the ground ball, he's a danger unto himself.
Hamill shows courage and thought he was pretty good, The backline stood up pretty well all things considered

Can we please get ROB to remove the Take The Ball Out Of The Ruck Option from his arsenal?

Always leads to disaster and his shot at goal was an all-time howler

Was interesting when Rachele burst towards goal and saw that he had McHenry ahead of him. Decided to take the shot rather than pass it off. A conscious decision on seeing who it was do people think?
That was hilarious. I thought he showed some good initiative to take it out the ruck and run into goal. I was starting to get excited..........and then came the kick.

We were in with a chance because Essendon are not very good at all. It was the most winnable match based on quality of opponent and location in our first 10
Two teams of similar class on field.

The gap being in the coaches box.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Starting to think the relationship between a number of players and the coaches is fractured, due to the game style demanded.
I'm (probably) hoping this is true.

How is it possible that our whole team has been so fumbly this year? I can accept the odd player to do it, but it seems to go right through our whole team. Is there any chance this is the players doing it deliberately as a sign that they're not happy with the coach/game style this year?

Or am I really (desperately) clutching at straws here?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From the AFC site:
"BEST
Adelaide:
Dawson, Soligo, Hinge, O'Brien, Rachele " :rolleyes:
All I can remember Hinge doing is stuffing up on that LHF flank, totally unaware.
O'Brien continues to be a lumbering liability --- ineffective taps, poor around the ground, awful kick.

No love for Keane or Worrell, both of whom were very solid.

Honestly a 10-12th finish is completely pointless from here. Needs to be down the bottom 4 and hope that Hamish doesn’t mess up another first rounder.

Hamill shows courage and thought he was pretty good, The backline stood up pretty well all things considered
He does but he is going to get himself killed with his head up hover positioning over the ground ball.

2020 RoB was a very good ruckman, very good around the ground and took constant contested defensive marks.
The first bounce after half-time...Rob gets an excellent tap (probably his only clean tap to advantage) to one of our blokes who's on the move (can't recall if it was Soligo or Rank), and we're on our way. Whistle blows and soft-**** free paid to Goldstein (Hodge questioned that one too)...goal to Essendon. At that point I knew the umps would get them over the line.

I've tried to convince myself that things will change once members are allowed to vote for the board (is that 2027?) but then realise our members are likely mostly the happy clappers on FB, and nothing will actually change.
And as long as the board doesn't change we will be shit. The Wrong people hiring the wrong people. Poor list management through to average coaches

Interesting reading local paper etc to little made of or no mention of not 1 but 2 absolutely squib attempts to mark that were well in goal kicking territory . First one actually was a 2 goal error as they rushed it down to get a goal and get momentum back.
Even on here some posters trying to defend his actions or lack of.
Unless something changes quickly in his ego driven ,look at me playing then Rachelle will be another Hamish stuff up .
Surely he can see how his mate is killing it by actually just attacking the ball .
Ok we are very short of real talent in our club , but please don't gloss over how bad those efforts were and really stop pumping this player as star or future star until he actually does play a whole decent game.

Totally agree. Our defenders are working very well as a unit defensively, often with a third man up to assist with the spoil. Keane looks very solid and has surprised me somewhat. Even Borlase is looking dependable, despite being 3rd (4th once Murray is back) choice key defender.

My only frustration is some of the spoils last night went to the exact spot you don't want them to, towards goal.
A major one courtesy of Rachele, not the defenders...Rachele should've been at the fall of the ball not spoiling it to a host of Bombers behind the pack.

The best part of that game was Sog.

He was tagged heavily. And rose the occasion. At 21 to produce that output with the attention he received is superb.

We might have a genuine elite mid here.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Now for a coaching group.

The first bounce after half-time...Rob gets an excellent tap (probably his only clean tap to advantage) to one of our blokes who's on the move (can't recall if it was Soligo or Rank), and we're on our way. Whistle blows and soft-utensil free paid to Goldstein (Hodge questioned that one too)...goal to Essendon. At that point I knew the umps would get them over the line.
It stood out early to me, The maggots couldn't give Essendon the frees fast enough. Umpire Stevic had his mates on the same page, Hes the AFL house go to man.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back