Injury Report - Season 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

That’s even more proof that they’ve bungled this, they sent him back out TWICE!!!

Absolute disgrace.
Thanks MR as i was about to post the same thing. He also mentioned in an earlier post the medicos don't have access to MRI/X-Ray like in the NFL. So seriously lets throw him back on bc he also stated he's a fringe player trying to break into the team. Now he's out for the season .

Hindsight is a wonderful thing, but they do the tests, Clarke passes them and is a fringe player trying to work his way back to the senior side. If he sat out and there was nothing wrong with him, then people would be questioning why he wasn't playing when right to go.
Absolutely no one would have an issue with him being put on ice after coming off the ground the first time, let alone the second time. There is no way to spin this other than it being gross incompetence.

Even if he passed every test under the sun - read the room.

That’s even more proof that they’ve bungled this, they sent him back out TWICE!!!

Absolute disgrace.
So Juddy gets a knock to the knee in the first instance and they check it out, no problem found and he returns to the field, slips in a contest to start the 3rd quarter is checked again and found to be right to go so they strap him up to provide a bit of support and he unfortunately ends up doing an ACL. They didn't bungle anything it's simply an unfortunate incident.

Absolutely no one would have an issue with him being put on ice after coming off the ground the first time, let alone the second time. There is no way to spin this other than it being gross incompetence.

Even if he passed every test under the sun - read the room.
Using this logic then neither Dow or McAuliffe should be playing today given both tweaked an ankle last week as allowing them to play is also incompetence.

So Juddy gets a knock to the knee in the first instance and they check it out, no problem found and he returns to the field, slips in a contest to start the 3rd quarter is checked again and found to be right to go so they strap him up to provide a bit of support and he unfortunately ends up doing an ACL. They didn't bungle anything it's simply an unfortunate incident.
You've now changed your wording from unintentional to unfortunate. . It was incompetence now stop the nonsense.

Last edited:
Using this logic then neither Dow or McAuliffe should be playing today given both tweaked an ankle last week as allowing them to play is also incompetence.
I actually agree that they shouldn't have been sent out, especially McAuliffe with 3 minutes left. But:

1. The medicos had access to replays to see exactly what occurred and were able to make an informed decision.
2. Ankles are very different to knees. What's the equivalent of an ACL tear for an ankle? There is none. Level of risk is reduced.
3. Where was the week's rest for Juddy? They sent out him out there twice in the space of about half an hour.

Not really the same.

I actually agree that they shouldn't have been sent out, especially McAuliffe with 3 minutes left. But:

1. The medicos had access to replays to see exactly what occurred and were able to make an informed decision.
2. Ankles are very different to knees. What's the equivalent of an ACL tear for an ankle? There is none. Level of risk is reduced.
3. Where was the week's rest for Juddy? They sent out him out there twice in the space of about half an hour.

Not really the same.
Not exactly the same but is similar, we're talking about a player that copped a minor issue initially and many are suggesting that he should have been put on ice to prevent any further issues from happening, so lets treat everyone with minor issues the same and put them on ice, just in case. Playing with a rolled ankle can result in the player needing surgery eventually, just like what happened with Daniel last year.

Yes he was strapped up, but as I said he had passed the tests they do to determine if the ACL has been damaged and unfortunately clubs don't have access to MRI/X-Ray like they do in the NFL to allow them to accurately diagnose injuries like this. It's unfortunate that it's ended up as an actual ACL, but to suggest the club deliberately mismanaged him and put him at risk is wrong IMO.
I’ve seen you post this sentiment a few times now - centred upon Clarke passing the tests. The thing with these knee tests are, the highest specificity they have is 95%, which means there is a chance for a false negative, ie player has ruptured an ACL despite passing the test. You don’t send back a player on the field based on tests alone, you should look at the symptomology as a whole - weight bearing ability, swelling, pain on palpation, walking, running etc. Missing this type of injury is negligent. And there is a chance Clarke only suffered a partial thickness tear at first which has deteriorated to a full thickness tear after being sent back on. That’s a 6-8 week injury vs a full year. I’ve seen people lose jobs over this type of negligence.

Not many players will sit out when they are medically cleared to return to the game. Dow last week is a perfect example, tweaked the ankle pretty good and everyone thought he was done, got re-strapped and given the all clear to return and played ok until subbed out.

I was at the ground and saw a lot of what the broadcast didn't show with regards to his injury. Clarke hurt the knee got checked out and was given the all clear, went back out after half time with no strapping and tweaked it again and was pointing to the outside of his knee, which had me thinking it may have been a slight meniscus issue as normally when it's an ACL, they usually grab the whole knee. He then went to the rooms and got it strapped up and returned to the field again after being given a bit of a test regarding his movement before heading out and he was running around fine once he went back out, it was only when he planted the leg to kick that his knee completely gave way. It's unfortunate rather than incompetence.
Maybe he shouldn't have been medically cleared? There lies the ongoing issue.

freddie mercury GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are becoming a second rate club. Who the *s sends out a suspected acl to complete the job?

We’ve seriously coasted along drinking our own bath water lately. It’s time for a clean out as the exceptional talent has left and we’ve just hired the next in line. Same with our assistant coaches.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
af98c-this.gif ...seriously B.Gale...time to step in and declare your hand!

So is the afl and vfl staff related or totally different that's the question that needs to be asked ?. Whatever it is pathetic he was sent out there shambles the programme.

I'll say it again our head of football Tim Livingstone needs to take responsibility and accountability everything is under him. The last 2 seasons our fitness, conditioning and medical programme been a circus and it all started hiring within and not splashing the cash.

If we lose a couple of hbfers and one of miller/young against wc we know Meehan's evil masterplan has come to fruition.
lol this was from earlier in the week. You’ve absolutely nailed this
Counting the current 'tests' for this week and today's news:

B: Dylan Grimes - TBA - James Tresize
HB: TBA - Josh Gibcus - TBA
C: Jack Graham - Jacob Hopper - Tomson Dow
HF: Jack Ross - Noah Balta - Kane MCAuliffe
F: Jacob Bauer - Tom Lynch - Liam Fawcett
R: Mate Colina - Tim Taranto - Dion Prestia

Should only take another week to fill out the team :)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back