Autopsy AFL 2024 Round 2 - Saints v Pies Thurs March 21st 7:30pm AEDT (MCG)

Who will win and by how much?

• Saints by a goal or less

Votes: 6 6.2%
  • Pies by a goal or less

Votes: 11 11.3%
  • Saints by 7 - 20

Votes: 24 24.7%
  • Pies by 7 - 20

Votes: 33 34.0%
  • Saints by a lot

Votes: 8 8.2%
  • Pies by a lot

Votes: 12 12.4%
  • Draw

Votes: 3 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The pies won’t go 0-3 surely.
Different teams/circumstances, but a lot of people said the same thing about the Cats after they started last year with 2 losses. Went up to the Gold Coast and made it a third. Shows it can happen no matter how motivated a team might be to avoid it.

Different teams/circumstances, but a lot of people said the same thing about the Cats after they started last year with 2 losses. Went up to the Gold Coast and made it a third. Shows it can happen no matter how motivated a team might be to avoid it.
Unlike the Cats until round 6 last year though - The Pies get to play at home. They surely won't lose two HOME ones in a row early in the season.

The line with the bookies is skewed towards taking bets on the pies at just -8.5

In my opinion the bookies think the saints will take this out.
Pretty interesting line for a $1.50 favourite.

I wonder what the straight odds market would be if you took all the Pies blind fan money out of the equation

I just hope that it's as close as 66, and that good prevails over evil.

I see Sinclair is back in the side, they missed him last week. They rely on his exquisite delivery. I hope he hasn't cut his hair, and he maintains his ancient goth singlemindedness.

A nitwit on here last week complained of Big Max's poor form. It was a stunning example of society's reducing IQ, of the value of outlandish opinion over mundane fact, the fact that Big Max is on the improve and adding wrinkles.

A lot has been spoken of the Pies form, they look less hungry. Is it too much back slapping, high fiving and ear tonguing? Is it too much reflecting on 23 rather than facing up to 24? 24 and there's so much more? Is there, Neil? Worrisome for Pies, in my view, is that McCray seems a bit lost for what to do, his body language gives away frustration, uncertainty.

So it's a good match up of 2 sides on the rebound. I have a tingle in my tummy. It's not the almonds I snacked on earlier, but the realisation that Ross may be lickin' his chops, anticipating a wounded enemy, and he may just have the manpower and techniques to keep the Pies scoring down with enough front half flair of his own to worry the pies defenders who spend ALOT of time up the ground.

I'm tentatively picking Saints by a couple of goals. It may not be pretty, but the house is clean and the cooking is damn good.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think it depends on where we are in regards to the older players dropping off due to father time, or did they just start slowly and will build momentum as the season progresses.
Hopefully the latter, but it remains to be seen.

According to someone on the Pies board, in their last 10 games, they’re 5-5 with a percentage of 94, and that percentage was bumped up significantly by a 100-30 win over the then rabble that was Essendon, in R24.

We’re almost certainly not going to get the Pies that Sydney and GWS faced in the first two rounds, but outside of the finals last year, most of their other recent form has been pretty mediocre.

Could have done without getting them after a week of being under the blowtorch, and off just a 5 day break, though.

Reckon it will be a cracker of a game.

Back