Review Good/Bad vs Gold Coast, Round 1 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Thats my point he either didn’t bring him on earlier as he knew he couldn’t run out the game or he just misread the game.
Picking an underdone player compromises the strategy.
Where did i say anything about McHenry, you’re having a shocker.
Imo, he misread the game.

Soligo could have easily come on at half time or even before... just mean Soligo wouldn't have had to do so many run throughs after the game.

Going small would have made no difference.

We had like 5 smaller guys at the fall of the ball most times inside 50, and they all did * all
Who scored our goals?

The smalls!

What's the point of talls if they can't take a mark...

Who scored our goals?

The smalls!

What's the point of talls if they can't take a mark...
Yep, we had enough of them, they just didn't do anything for the first three quarters largely

We could have played shorter, the talls did absolutely nothing, but it wasn't a big factor in the loss. We probably still lose with travelling emergency McHenry in for Gollant

Yep, we had enough of them, they just didn't do anything for the first three quarters largely

We could have played shorter, the talls did absolutely nothing, but it wasn't a big factor in the loss. We probably still lose with travelling emergency McHenry in for Gollant
The talls did sweet FA.

The smalls did all the scoring.

Anyone watching this game would have observed this.

Soligo could have easily come on at half time or even before... just mean Soligo wouldn't have had to do so many run throughs after the game.
They’d be reluctant to pull the trigger that early.

How often do you see a team use the sub tactically, only to lose a player to injury 5 minutes later.

Yeah I’m confused by that, didn’t Rachele/Rankine/Keays kick 7 of our 8 goals
The same players that kicked our goals in the last quarter were on the field for the entire match when we had scored 1 goal in a half

The issue was our awful disposal into 50 and our smalls being in the wrong positions to capitalise

Yeah I’m confused by that, didn’t Rachele/Rankine/Keays kick 7 of our 8 goals
Even McHenry would have been more useful than all our tall forwards against GC... or give Nankervis a different role.

They’d be reluctant to pull the trigger that early.

How often do you see a team use the sub tactically, only to lose a player to injury 5 minutes later.
Given how far we were behind & ineffective our forward line was, it was a night to pull the trigger early to have a chance of winning the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The same players that kicked our goals in the last quarter were on the field for the entire match when we had scored 1 goal in a half

The issue was our awful disposal into 50 and our smalls being in the wrong positions to capitalise
Yet none were talls.

Go figure, they could hardly take a mark.

Not sure where Burns is getting 30 mins preseason for Soligo. He played 48% TOG vs West Coast and looked like he was running on top of the ground.

Edit: in fact, I just calculated it. The WC match went for 125mins and Soligo played 48% which equates to exactly 60 mins.

Yet none were talls.

Go figure, they could hardly take a mark.

We played Rachele, Rankine, Pedlar, Murphy and Keays. That's plenty of ground level players yet we were awful at ground level

Adding a sixth small forward would have made no difference. It was down to the effectiveness of the players we had on the field

We played Rachele, Rankine, Pedlar, Murphy and Keays. That's plenty of ground level players yet we were awful at ground level

Adding a sixth small forward would have made no difference. It was down to the effectiveness of the players we had on the field
You certainly know how to doubledown despite facts showing you are so wrong!

What was the goal differential between a tall & small forward?

The difference of another small is greater than the margin in the game.

You certainly know how to doubledown despite facts showing you are so wrong!

What was the goal differential between a tall & small forward?

The difference of another small is greater than the margin in the game.
So what your saying is when our smalls weren't kicking goals in the first half, you reckon adding another small would have been the difference?

So what your saying is when our smalls weren't kicking goals in the first half, you reckon adding another small would have been the difference?
How could another small possibly produce less than the likes of Gollant... it was a night where the ball was on the ground.

I can't be bothered arguing anymore because if you can't get the talls were completely useless in those conditions, I really can't help you.

How could another small possibly produce less than the likes of Gollant... it was a night were the ball was on the ground.

I can't be bothered arguing anymore because if you can't get the talls were completely useless in those conditions, I really can't help you.
Not less than Gollant, the same. No difference. No impact

In the first half of the game

Rachele 7 disposals 0.0
Pedlar 2 disposals 0.1
Murphy 3 disposals 0.0
Keays 7 disposals 1.0

The smalls we already had on the ground had next to no impact aside from Rankine when he was in the midfield

Gollant had 2 disposals and 0.0. Went about as well as Murphy and Pedlar.

I'd maybe understand it if our smalls were lighting it up but we didn't have enough scoring power because we were too tall and couldn't take marks. But that wasn't what happened! Our smalls were shit and had no impact, they were badly positioned, ineffective at ground level and dealt with awful delivery.

If we get the boost from an invigorating round 2 performance, we could find ourselves up and about, snatching a couple of other tough wins in the opening few round and setting ourselves up for a strong season.

If we fall behind, lose in round 2, the pressure builds and the air comes out of the tyres we could easily find ourselves 0-5

And what we certainly know of Nicks is that when the pressure is on his selections get very conservative

We have got a very tough start to the season, fixture wise, there isn’t a lot of margin for error on these home games if we’re going to set ourselves up for the rest of the season

And call me crazy, I’m not convinced a 0-5 side sees a coach extension, or there is it’s a ticking time bomb 1 year extension like Longmuir just got

I doubt with a WL of 0-5 will see a contract extension at all.

Not sure where Burns is getting 30 mins preseason for Soligo. He played 48% TOG vs West Coast and looked like he was running on top of the ground.

Edit: in fact, I just calculated it. The WC match went for 125mins and Soligo played 48% which equates to exactly 60 mins.
Well there you go, he bullshitted twice in the one interview to try and justify playing Soligo as the sub whilst we lost the game

jake Soligo reference at the 2.52 mark should put to bed the speculation re his readiness to play a full game.

"Obviously we made the right decision not to play him..."

Oh, right. Obviously...

This is why I don't believe Sog was injured. Or rather not fit.

He was sub to accommodate Murphy.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Burgo pulled him out of the group as they were leaving the ground doing sprints and run throughs. So something was going on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back