Game Day Preseason Game 1 - West Coast vs Adelaide, Sat 2/3 : It’s Melt Day

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
the flynn injury has already derailed our season

Mate although I agree it’s a big out as he filled a clear need and looked good in the pre-season, you do need to also remember this was the train we started with

IMG_5447.jpeg

Image description: Alleged fatty boombalatty Harley Feed taking it upon himself to single handedly drive the West Coast rebuild forward.
Also shown: Some other promising Eagles yoof and a couple of ageing plodders who are welcome to jump off any stop now

Last edited:
+ Schofield in the post match interview we expect 6 back for round 1? who? oscar ginbey?

Loved seeing Reid and Chesser playing so well. L Edwards did basically nothing in the first half but was much better in the second, good signs there. Quiet game by Long but good in glimpses. The kids are gonna be alright and that’s the main thing we should really be taking out of these hitouts.

Gaff didn’t set the world on fire and still has obvious limitations but was better than some posters are letting on. His hard running off the ball is going to be important for us considering how often the ball is in our defensive 50

Lots of positives for this hit out in my eyes.

Harley would have gained a lot of confidence. Strength , speed and poise. That centre clearance and chip to Kelly, chefs kiss.

Chesser built into the game nicely and showed a bit of dash

Hough is super impressive. Just needs to not fly so recklessly for his marks in pre season games

McGovern was outstanding

Barnett and Jamieson showed glimpses

Whilst Kelly and Yeo could both tidy up a little with the fundamentals did enough and will be better for the run

Gaff gets far too much hate. Always plays with heart and through injury. One of the few senior players over the past couple of years that has fronted up each week and copped the criticism.

The only real disappointment was Bailey, a bit of a regression from last season but it's still early

+ Schofield in the post match interview we expect 6 back for round 1? who? oscar ginbey?
Allen, Brockman, Ginbey and Rotham are all very likely to be available.

The others I can think of that may be a chance for round 1 are Hall, Harry Edwards and potentially Trew.

Ryan, Hewett, Archer Reid and Culley seem to all be on track for a return in the first month of the season.

Sheed and Bazzo probably a little after that group, with Flynn the furthest off by some margin.

Harley just has that ultimate class that you get from a number one draft pick.
You can see when he gets the ball. He’s got plenty of self-confidence, he’s got a great football brain, and when he gets the time to use the pool, he usually uses it quite well.
He also always wants to move the ball on as quickly as possible which is good for us, because the rest of them are too slow.
I can’t wait to see how it goes in this season and beyond. It’s gonna be fun to watch.:)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How many goals came from basic skill errors and poor execution?

L Edwards wont be in defence round 1, J Jones will.

Mentioned a change to ruck rules and using your knee to block early. They even described the rule change benefits bigger rucks not jumping rucks.

We looked pretty average and made so many errors. Hard to watch.

Harley on ball looked ok, he worked into the game. Maybe with more mids returning he will play the flanks as well rotating.

Yeo looked short of a run but kept going.

Allen woukd help the forward line get organised.

Going to be a tough year. Juast want those green shoots to keep growing.

Last edited:
Midfield still the huge issue.

Unfortunately no look at Flynn, Sheed, Ginbey (1 quarter), Hewitt, Hall and Brockman in the pre season games. All who would have been in the mix for round 1.

What happened to Waterman?
-Maric you blew a big chance today .No aggression whatsoever!
Our mids ;bar Kelly and Reid: stand still!! For Gods sake attack the contest.
My biggest fear is that there is a lack of “love of the contest”!

Last edited:
Harley just has that ultimate class that you get from a number one draft pick.
You can see when he gets the ball. He’s got plenty of self-confidence, he’s got a great football brain, and when he gets the time to use the pool, he usually uses it quite well.
He also always wants to move the ball on as quickly as possible which is good for us, because the rest of them are too slow.
I can’t wait to see how it goes in this season and beyond. It’s gonna be fun to watch.:)
He's a talent alright, I remember suggesting that WC give up our first round pick to Melbourne for VanRooyen and their first and second round picks........I've had to kick myself in the arse a couple of times since (and that's not easy) for displaying such blatent stupidity.

Much more pleasing results compared to last week. Was nice to see some players like Reid, Chesser etc get some ball. Gov also makes such a big difference when he's on.

Sadly dinosaurs like RoB will kill us this year. The flynn injury is such a kick to the balls.

Reid is going to be like a black hole, he is going to suck players towards him like a vortex, he loves the physical contest. Other players around him need to play smart, help protect him at times but more importantly, create an option on the outside as players sag off their man and go to double/triple man Reid. He will feed the ball out to them if they are in space.

I am glad he got more time on the ball today.
I am glad I read the rest of your post before I walked out with the pitchfork.

Hopefully everyone dusted off the cobwebs of their preseason melts and are ready with the real things come round - er, whatever the round is called when we play our first game of the year for premiership points.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back