List Mgmt. Best 23 for 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Below is the team I'd like to see us use as the foundation of our 2024 line up. The focus is primarily on long term development of the next generation, while also giving us a good chance to win games or at the very least be competitive in most games. In the VFL there will be a large number of experienced premiership winners running around, who can not only provide leadership/mentoring to the kids coming through, but can be there to come in to the senior side if/when required for injuries/poor form

B: Josh Gibcus (20yo 18 games) Noah Balta (24yo 85 games) Tyler Young (25yo 19 games)

HB: Daniel Rioli (26yo 160 games) Nick Vlastuin (29yo 211 games) Jayden Short (28yo 153 games)

C: Sam Banks (20yo 6 games) Tim Taranto (26yo 137 games) Jack Ross (23yo 63 games)

HF: Shai Bolton (25yo 113 games) Jacob Koschitzke (23yo 48 games) Liam Baker (26yo 110 games)

F: Dustin Martin (32yo 289 games) Tom Lynch (31 yo 216 games) Noah Cumberland (22yo 18 games)

R: Toby Nankervis (29yo 136 games) Jacob Hopper (27yo 130 games) Thomson Dow (22yo 17 games)

INT: Tom Brown (20yo 1 game) Tyler Sonsie (21yo 10 games) Kane McAuliffe (19yo YTD) Samson Ryan (23yo 15 games) Judson Clarke (20yo 16 games)

B: Kaleb Smith Ben Miller Dylan Grimes

HB: Hugo Ralphsmith Nathan Broad James Trezise

C: Kamdyn McIntosh Jack Graham Marlion Pickett

HF: Matthew Coulthard Jacob Bauer Steely Green

F: Rhyan Mansell Liam Fawcett Seth Campbell

R: Sam Naismith Dion Prestia Maurice Rioli

INT: Mate Colina Oliver Hayes-Brown

With all due respect, this team is absolutely ****ing ludicrous. You clearly do not know anything at all about football.

Wtf is the tallest man alive doing commencing on the pine? He is a running machine.

Should be playing on a wing.

plane-sports.gif

B: tyler noah natho
HB: dan joshie bakes
C: samwise the hops marlion
FOL: tobias timmy shaizeefantayzee
HF: cumdawg dusty bauhaus
FF: coults luncheoniser clarker

BNCH: thecandyman tre samson folau presita

Might be a bit old and slow now I reckon!

B: Broad, Balta, Grimes
HB: Vlastuin, Gibcus, Short
C: Pickett, Hopper, Ross
HF: Martin, Kositzchke, Cumberland
F: D. Rioli, Lynch, Clarke
R: Nankervis, Bolton, Taranto
Int: Baker, Prestia, Graham, Sonsie

Emg: Naismith, Young, McIntosh, Dow

- I've kept Grimes but if he struggles early, I'd like to see Brown come in, especially if he has grown another 50 centimetres like every pre-season.

- Hopefully M. Rioli pulls his finger out and really pushes to have that spot alongside his nephew instead of Clarke. And yes, I've personally gone with D. Rioli back to the forward line, liked what I saw of him there late in 2023 (as brief as it was) and as good as he is down back, we can cover that with Short, and we miss someone of decent quality in the forward line. I back Daniel to find form forward again.

- One ruck given Kozi is apparently a decent enough backup ruck.

- Bolton back to being a full-time midfielder like he was for big chunks of 2020, will help with our speed issue there too.

- I'll be interested to see if Graham is best 22 or if he is overtaken by Dow or the new boy, McAuliffe.

- Sonsie into the best 22 from round 4, can see him having a good year.

that commentator shytes all over every one of those idiots gettin the bigbucks
Was just thinking the same thing

God I hate what the AFL has become.. just a circle jerk desperado simp ville

At the moment it appears we have some locked in positional changes based on pre-season training positions,

Bakes - Mid
Balta - Fwd
Bauer - Back

Is the move of Bauer and return of Gibcus to free up Balta to play Fwd / ruck? I hope so.

At the moment it appears we have some locked in positional changes based on pre-season training positions,

Bakes - Mid
Balta - Fwd
Bauer - Back

Is the move of Bauer and return of Gibcus to free up Balta to play Fwd / ruck? I hope so.
Hate Balta forward but also love Baker full time mid.

Surely it makes more sense to play Bauer forward and Balta back? To me it does...

Bakes - Mid
Balta - Fwd
Bauer - Back

Bakes full time mid would be amazing :hearteyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Baker switching to heavy midfield minutes is some serious shade on the likes of Graham who you would of thought'd naturally be transitioning into taking Cotchins minutes now.
So whats our midfield mix? Taranto, Hopper, Bolton/Martin/Baker, Prestia/Graham/Dow and Sonsie, Maybe new recruit Mcauliffe could sneak in a few early games.

Baker switching to heavy midfield minutes is some serious shade on the likes of Graham who you would of thought'd naturally be transitioning into taking Cotchins minutes now.
So whats our midfield mix? Taranto, Hopper, Bolton/Martin/Baker, Prestia/Graham/Dow and Sonsie, Maybe new recruit Mcauliffe could sneak in a few early games.
The problem for Graham is we already have pure inside mids who lack explosive pace and he should rightfully be below Prestia, TT and Hopper who are all much better players but that's his competition IMO.

Baker, Sonsie, Dow the next group in competition

Dusty and Shai the match winners in a class of their own

Mcauliffe the dark horse with a rare combination if inside ball winning and explosive pace - stands alone

Last edited:
Grahms best is ok, but he doesn't put it together consitently enough.
And under the old match committee, I get the feeling he was given way too many credits for his unbelievably brave effort in the 2019 prelim. IMO he was being paid on reputation (that had expeired IMO) for the most part of last season.

Him and Kmac both int he same boat, great depth, with the ability to come in and play AFL level (to a point) but won't be the growth and future of our next contending side. Pickett possibly in the same boat.

It may sound harsh, but that's where it sits IMO, and if they don't like it, they could/should explore elsewhere. Graham will get a gig elsewhere, I'm not so sure Kmac does, and Pickett's age would be against him getting another look

As long as it's not Pickett or KMac then I'm all for it.
Dow would be just about the worst non-KPD option we have as a winger apart from tub guts. Far too inside, nearly 0 outside game and questionable by foot. Pickett or Kmac would be much better wing options and hopefully they're playing reserves.

Dow would be just about the worst non-KPD option we have as a winger apart from tub guts. Far too inside, nearly 0 outside game and questionable by foot. Pickett or Kmac would be much better wing options and hopefully they're playing reserves.
I'll swap Banks for Dow

Remove this Banner Ad

Back