Training 2024 Preseason reports and discussion

Remove this Banner Ad

I thought Ky's draft year was last year? Or am I mistaken.

If anyone has Ky photos from training, I would love to see them!
So would I, please!

If you are on Silks instagram there is a family Christmas pic from 2023.

Ky looks as tall as his dad, Shaun is standing towards the back of the group and Ky at the front. I still think he looks to be about dad’s height.

Was there a clear a/b split?

I love that Ky is with us- I don't know why people wouldn't just think that maybe he wants to keep his options open/is still a hawks supporter?
It looked like a definitive A/B split to begin with with the exception of Noodle, Finn and Worps who were on the "B" team before players swapped. If it is an A and B team, Frost, DGB and Blanck were on the team without most of the first players, while Scrimma and Serong were on the team with most of the top liners

How did they go? Please….
They only did some of the drills did not play the intra. Christian looks sharp and confident with his skills. Ky looked a little nervous something he admitted himself. It was his first day at the club. At this stage it's not about how they go but how they fit in with the group and coaches and about them feeling comfortable in bringing out their best. They are not involved with everything so you can't really take anything out of it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

They only did some of the drills did not play the intra. Christian looks sharp and confident with his skills. Ky looked a little nervous something he admitted himself. It was his first day at the club. At this stage it's not about how they go but how they fit in with the group and coaches and about them feeling comfortable in bringing out their best. They are not involved with everything so you can't really take anything out of it.
Absolutely…. Just a bonus if they have some nice skills on display.

How sweet would it be if the academy rules were changed in time for us.

An we collected Moraes and a first round pick in 2024. An our F/S showed they were worth drafting.

Absolutely…. Just a bonus if they have some nice skills on display.

How sweet would it be if the academy rules were changed in time for us.

An we collected Moraes and a first round pick in 2024. An our F/S showed they were worth drafting.
Christian Moraes is not part of the Hawthorn NGA. He is training at the club as part of the AFL academy similar to Watson last year.

So would I, please!

If you are on Silks instagram there is a family Christmas pic from 2023.

Ky looks as tall as his dad, Shaun is standing towards the back of the group and Ky at the front. I still think he looks to be about dad’s height.

There was a photo on Hodge page with a few ex players and there kids at his house over the summer also so hopefully all the kids are great mates of each other and if we get the first one each the next one will be easier.

Christian Moraes is not part of the Hawthorn NGA. He is training at the club as part of the AFL academy similar to Watson last year.

I don't think this is true? Smillie was training with us as part of the AFL academy. I was under the impression that Moraes is NGA but likely won't land with us unless the rules are changed.

I don't think this is true? Smillie was training with us as part of the AFL academy. I was under the impression that Moraes is NGA but likely won't land with us unless the rules are changed.
You can take what i am saying to the bank mate

You can take what i am saying to the bank mate

Shame. I was still holding out some hope that the AFL would change the rules in response to the Gold Coast backlash, and there was a world in which we could select a player then match a bid on Christian.

He’s a supreme talent, love his skills.

Mate, see good content, link it up here. Lets make it easier for tragics.

Punky giving a good overview

Punky is always a great speaker - I asked about Dimma and his response about him shows that it there's more thought into Dimma forward than what some think. Likened him to being our Toby Greene or Jamie Elliott

Last edited:
Punky is always a great speaker - I asked about Dimma and his response about him shows that it there's more thought into Dimma forward than what some think. Likened him to being out Toby Greene or Jamie Elliott
Dimma forward is happening people need to get used to it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back