News Sam Hayes signs for North Melbourne VFL

Remove this Banner Ad

Um, this season we were the third highest scoring team in the competition. It was our defence that was s**t. We also managed to be 6th for clearances even though we were 17th for hitouts.

Yeah we ran up the score a bit during our famous 13 in a row™ and then violently shit the bed in both finals, aside from Lord's QF cameo.

So we are saying that we would have done better with Hayes over Lycett in finals?
NO! What at least I'm saying is that Hayes should have been playing mid-season while Lycett was obviously injured and maybe the big game that Lycett played against Western Bulldogs might have been a final instead. Lycett was clearly our number 1 ruckman when he wasn't banged up injured.

If only we had a thread named after a ruckman who could win the tap for us to post in.
So we need a 6'10" ruck who can run 20 metres in 1.9 seconds and can outrun Blicsavs, all the while being a crafty ruck who taps the ball to advantage and averages 3 goals per game and creates frontal pressure, and gets more than 2 tackles per game and more implied frontal pressure.

But no pressure and you'll get dropped Hinkley mantra.

NO! What at least I'm saying is that Hayes should have been playing mid-season while Lycett was obviously injured and maybe the big game that Lycett played against Western Bulldogs might have been a final instead. Lycett was clearly our number 1 ruckman when he wasn't banged up injured.

Lol the GWS ruck that destroyed Lycett was who Hayes easily beat when we won by 50 points.

Despite what Ken says about losing more with youth, real possibility that we are in the prelims with this switch.

Lol the GWS ruck that destroyed Lycett was who Hayes easily beat when we won by 50 points.

Despite what Ken says about losing more with youth, real possibility that we are in the prelims with this switch.
Yeah maybe, we'll never know. All we know is as long as we have Donuts our perfect record of zero premierships since 2004 will not be in danger.

We were third in scoring and finished top four with a defensive line that was patched together after Jonas completely fell off a cliff and Lycett was banged up for half the year.

We've brought in not one, but two guys who should be able to at least replicate that production of Lycett at his best next year, and hopefully better it...plus not one but two key defenders who will allow Aliir to do what he does best.

And yet here you are bitching about Sam Hayes and John Butcher, as though they would have been the difference to winning and losing finals.

33bbd2af-f06c-43a3-b081-a5ddd7b58413_text.gif

We were third in scoring and finished top four with a defensive line that was patched together after Jonas completely fell off a cliff and Lycett was banged up for half the year.

We've brought in not one, but two guys who should be able to at least replicate that production of Lycett at his best next year, and hopefully better it...plus not one but two key defenders who will allow Aliir to do what he does best.

And yet here you are bitching about Sam Hayes and John Butcher, as though they would have been the difference to winning and losing finals.

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Jordon Sweet is a better footballer than Sam Hayes.

He may well have more impact for us than Sam Hayes did of course, but that is based on coaching whims rather than on talent.

Yeah we ran up the score a bit during our famous 13 in a row™ and then violently s**t the bed in both finals, aside from Lord's QF cameo.
Our midfield carried us to 13 in a row, when they dropped off there was nothing as we stacked up the injuries forward and back.
We have tried to address those failures in this draft.
Give the Hinkley obsession a rest at least in the off season.

Our midfield carried us to 13 in a row, when they dropped off there was nothing as we stacked up the injuries forward and back.

This is the kind of pathetic cop out you'd expect from a Glenelg or South supporter.

There was absolutely no excuse for the meek capitulations in our last 3 finals. Remember when this club used to be terrifying in finals, even if a significant underdog?

This is the kind of pathetic cop out you'd expect from a Glenelg or South supporter.

There was absolutely no excuse for the meek capitulations in our last 3 finals. Remember when this club used to be terrifying in finals, even if a significant underdog?
We were terrifying and now we are terrified.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We used to be terrifying in the SANFL, we have never been terrifying in the AFL.
Unfortunately our reputation in the AFL has been more of a team of chokers and that’s well before Hinkley set foot in the door.
A lot of things need to change to wind the clock back 25 years.
A part of that is definitely the coaching staff but we also need to improve our list as I believe we have made some effort to do this year.
I have no problems with the players we delisted this year and like what we have drafted.
I support the players because they are the ones that will bring us success one day.

Agree. It's like expecting to win the 2004 flag without Primus and Francou.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

We used to be terrifying in the SANFL, we have never been terrifying in the AFL.
Unfortunately our reputation in the AFL has been more of a team of chokers and that’s well before Hinkley set foot in the door.
A lot of things need to change to wind the clock back 25 years.
A part of that is definitely the coaching staff but we also need to improve our list as I believe we have made some effort to do this year.
I have no problems with the players we delisted this year and like what we have drafted.
I support the players because they are the ones that will bring us success one day.
I support the club and I support the players, coaches and admin that live up to the Creed.

All the other "no hopers" I couldn't care less about aside from wanting to see them removed ASAP.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

There is absolutely no evidence to suggest that Jordon Sweet is a better footballer than Sam Hayes.

He may well have more impact for us than Sam Hayes did of course, but that is based on coaching whims rather than on talent.

Yep almost like we're meh on the footballer question but expecting Sweet be a better athlete than Sam.

As for our as yet unsacked "coaching whim" my initial concern is that Dante still gets the development time at SANFL level instead of being shuffled away somewhere else.

Yep almost like we're meh on the footballer question but expecting Sweet be a better athlete than Sam.

As for our as yet unsacked "coaching whim" my initial concern is that Dante still gets the development time at SANFL level instead of being shuffled away somewhere else.

Dante is a reasonable chance to start in the AFL side.

Isn't presenting home and away stats that show that we are statistically "around the mark" of being a top team. While being so far away from winning anything in September just the cherry on the top that says that the coaching is what is sub-par not the players?

We've recruited two mature body rucks his only hope is injuries.

Dante is our best Ruck that's why I think he'll start. A immature body is why I don't think he's playing more than a few games. By the end of the year he'll have matured a bit and that's why I think he'll finish as our 1st pick Ruck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back