The Week 8 NBA Thread - where we should all congratulate the Lakers. Salt and vinegar optional.

Who are the NBA's truest terrible traders?

• Your 2023 In-season tournament champion LA Lakers

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Everyone's favourite duffers, your New Orleans Pelicans

• Danny 'I once robbed Billy King' Ainge and your Utah Jazz

• The Ghost of Joe Dumars and your Detroit '2-20' Pistons

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • The 'let's build around Jordan Poole' Washington Wizards

Votes: 2 66.7%
  • Some other plebs

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
It turns out that Bucks had the game ball all along and Giannis just lost his mind for no reason. The Pacers GM copped an elbow to the head according to Rick Carlisle.

I love the NBA

Total shame it has become the main talking point from a game where Giannis broke the franchise record for points in a game.

NBA entertainment for regular season games can be next level though, at the most random times.

Would like to think Draymond has finally realised he has gone too far and needs help with his anger and on court temperament.

Steve Kerr unfortunately seems like an enabler of Draymond's behaviour for years, which is really disappointing for me considering his stance on gun control/violence and high school bullying etc

That's a very long bow to draw.

Really don't think Draymond's issues have equivalency with gun violence.

He does it against quality teams and centres too, unlike Mr downhill skier Joel Embiid, who only puts up 40 plus point games against rabble like the Pistons or Wizards !!
You mean he did it against one of the absolute worst defensive teams in the NBA? Yeah makes sense

Can't see him changing tbh but who knows. Think you've got an impulsive bloke who's not overly bright mixed with the decline everyone goes through and not mixing well. Unfortunately in the NBA too many poor acts get a slap on the wrist, perhaps GSW could have killed this crap if they'd properly dealt with the Poole situation instead of basically sweeping it under the rug and giving him a chunky new contract.

that's the thing though, he's playing well.

That's a very long bow to draw.

Really don't think Draymond's issues have equivalency with gun violence.

Kerr has also spoken up against bullying (esp in high school and esp against ethnic and sexual and gender minorities) and I would argue strongly throughout his career, Draymond has acted like an bully main times.

He has now unofficially replaced Bill Laimbeer as the biggest thug/dirtiest player of all time.

Regardless I do believe Kerr's latest response and constant defend of Draymond and his on court thuggery is bitterly disappointing and worse almost condoning.

Kerr has also spoken up against bullying (esp in high school and esp against ethnic and sexual and gender minorities) and I would argue strongly throughout his career, Draymond has acted like an bully main times.

He has now unofficially replaced Bill Laimbeer as the biggest thug/dirtiest player of all time.

Regardless I do believe Kerr's latest response and constant defend of Draymond and his on court thuggery is bitterly disappointing and worse almost condoning.
Hahahahahahahahaha

Replaced Bill

Jfc

Agree its conditioning etc but disagree on the fact it actually matters. Dont think its a big deal all up. Just suspend him for his few games and let it be

Agree its conditioning etc but disagree on the fact it actually matters. Dont think its a big deal all up. Just suspend him for his few games and let it be

Nope, he is going to serious injury someone if he keeps acting out the way he has been

Suspending him indefinitely whilst he seeks legitimate counselling and management for his anger and probable mental health issues is the correct course of action.

He won't be back for a fair while I would suggest. It's more than a game at this point I would suggest, Draymond Green has to deal with the on going anger and other behavioural issues he is experiencing or it could also have consequences of spiralling out of control in his personal life/post Hoops career.

Re-read what you just wrote - Draymond is effectively 'bullying' ethnic minorities? I don't want to get into whether a 'sexual or gender minority' is even a thing, but it's pretty clear he's not doing that either, unless he's used some slur on court that I'm unaware of. He has a temper clearly, but that's very far from pre-meditated systemic bullying.

It's like saying Toby Greene is an apologist for Hitler because he committed some violent on-field acts. On-field doesn't translate to off-field, except in the very narrow field of basic assault via punching and kicking. And it certainly doesn't translate to xenophobia, homophobia or any other kind of issue.

You're conflating the vast majority of societal issues together, and then conflating that amalgamated mess further with sports conduct. Xenophobia and homophobia are two separate phenomenon that have nothing to do with each other, let alone a basketball player putting another in a headlock or kicking someone in the balls.

To put it very bluntly, Draymond has had incidents with LeBron, Poole, Gobert and Nurkic - sounds like an equal opportunity antagonist to me. He gets frustrated and lashes out. I don't think any more thought goes into it than that.

I mean you can argue that, but it's neither here nor there when it comes to Steve Kerr being a voice against gun violence.

You're certainly free to argue that the Warriors have given Draymond too much latitude, especially beginning with the Poole incident. I don't think that's an especially controversial take.

We don't really know what Draymond's personal issues are, whether they involve anything like Ron Artest's upbringing. It's not an excuse, but it's always more nuanced than black and white. Personally I think there probably should have been more repercussions for the Poole hit, but I'm just a pleb outsider. Initially Kerr defended Draymond after the Gobert thing, but he walked that back a day later. We're all wise with hindsight.

It's not worth making a mountain out of a molehill with though. It's possible to be too permissive as an authority figure and still be against general evils. All parents make mistakes in parenting, it doesn't negate their opinions on bigger issues.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A super interesting point

But even if Green has been active defensively, his declining rim protection has been downright glaring compared to his past performances. Just last season, players shot 11.5 percentage points worse around the rim with Green in the vicinity. In 2021-22, they shot 8.8 percentage points worse.

Opponents shot almost 13 percentage points worse in 2020-21, and 8.4 percentage points in 2019-20.

This season? Players have shot 7.8 percentage points better than their averages with Green nearby.

Over the last 5 seasons, Embiid has missed 21 games vs. teams .600 or better (27.6% of his total games missed)

Giannis - 8 missed (14.3%)
Jokic - 3 missed (13.6%)

Go on…
Right so over the course of over 400 or so games you think that an extra 13 games missed against .600 teams is significant? Suit yourself

Right so over the course of over 400 or so games you think that an extra 13 games missed against .600 teams is significant? Suit yourself

The fact that several of those games Embiid has missed has been against Denver and Boston is a legit source of criticism or at least discussion

The fact that several of those games Embiid has missed has been against Denver and Boston is a legit source of criticism or at least discussion
He has shown up and lost against Boston constantly, suggesting he is ducking them is just as stupid. Heck he beat Boston earlier this year and now because he missed a game he ducked them? Why would he?

Both those games he missed were clearly for real reasons but you two would rather just invent this ‘he’s scared’ narrative because you are both haters.

The guy has scored 30+ in 75% of his games this year and is legit having an incredible year by any players standards and you choose to not pick a few missed regular season games for legit reasons

He has shown up and lost against Boston constantly, suggesting he is ducking them is just as stupid. Heck he beat Boston earlier this year and now because he missed a game he ducked them? Why would he?

Both those games he missed were clearly for real reasons but you two would rather just invent this ‘he’s scared’ narrative because you are both haters.

The guy has scored 30+ in 75% of his games this year and is legit having an incredible year by any players standards and you choose to not pick a few missed regular season games for legit reasons

He hasn't played Joker in Denver for something like 5 years now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back