News Scott Lycett signs with Port Districts

Remove this Banner Ad

Play Hayes, see if he is upto it, we need to put this debate to an end and prepare ourseves for finals and what ever injuries may arise. Visiteni is too young, sub Hayes out later in the game if his engine cant do the distance. Going to be hard against Witts no matter what we do in ruck.

It’s understood Port Adelaide has offered Scott Lycett a significantly reduced contract as the Power circle another star ruckman.

SEN SA’s Michelangelo Rucci revealed the news on SEN SA’s The Run Home, suggesting Lycett shouldn’t put pen to paper on those terms.

Lycett comes out of contract this year. The 30-year-old has battled injuries across the past two years and hasn’t been selected since Round 19. He’s set to line up in the SANFL on Sunday.

It comes after reported interest from the Power in Melbourne’s Brodie Grundy.

Scott Lycett’s offer from Port Adelaide is one you cannot sign,” Rucci began.

“You wouldn’t sign it, I wouldn’t sign it and Scott certainly shouldn’t sign it.

It’s understood Port Adelaide has offered Scott Lycett a significantly reduced contract as the Power circle another star ruckman.

SEN SA’s Michelangelo Rucci revealed the news on SEN SA’s The Run Home, suggesting Lycett shouldn’t put pen to paper on those terms.

Lycett comes out of contract this year. The 30-year-old has battled injuries across the past two years and hasn’t been selected since Round 19. He’s set to line up in the SANFL on Sunday.

It comes after reported interest from the Power in Melbourne’s Brodie Grundy.

“Scott Lycett’s offer from Port Adelaide is one you cannot sign,” Rucci began.

“You wouldn’t sign it, I wouldn’t sign it and Scott certainly shouldn’t sign it.
If I was getting even $100k a year to be on an AFL list despite proving beyond a shadow of a doubt for the past two years that I shouldn't be on one, I'd absolutely sign it.

Bringing in Lycett was always a horrendous piece of list management.
Retaining an aging Ryder for a few extra years would have even been a better idea.

Cost the club nothing except salary. Has lead the ruck for several years. How is that "horrendous"

Ryder was on the decline at Port big time and only decided to pull his finger out once the Saints gave him another opportunity.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cost the club nothing except salary.

And a flag. Or at least a Grand Final appearance.

Put Paddy Ryder instead of Scott Lycett on the field in the last quarter of the 2020 preliminary final and there's every chance that we win the 2020 premiership.

Probably indirectly cost us Peter Ladhams who would absolutely be our #1 ruck right now if he was still here for a bag of stale chips too.

Given Rooch's cozy relationship with the club this is interesting. Sort of the usual KHFC gaslight you out.

Scotty at his best is good in breaking even in the ruck work with not a lot around the ground. He busts his gut at his best but injury and inconsistency and his age means for me not unhappy if he gets the best deal he can.

And a flag. Or at least a Grand Final appearance.

Put Paddy Ryder instead of Scott Lycett on the field in the last quarter of the 2020 preliminary final and there's every chance that we win the 2020 premiership.

Probably indirectly cost us Peter Ladhams wsho would absolutely be our #1 ruck right now if he was still here for a bag of stale chips too.

Remind me again how Ryder went in the 2017 Eliminational Final?
Most important game of his career and he did a disappearing act.

Fwiw I wouldn't have traded Ladhams either, but that's not Lycetts fault.

Remind me again how Ryder went in the 2017 Eliminational Final?
Most important game of his career and he did a disappearing act.

Fwiw I wouldn't have traded Ladhams either, but that's not Lycetts fault.
Yeah some real 20:20 hindsight here. Ryder looked cooked before he left us. Including doing an Achilles which is a real old man injury. Lycett was decent in his first couple of seasons and fell off the cliff physically much sooner than usually happens for rucks.

He shouldn't be anywhere near our list next year, but it wasn't a shocking list management call

Honestly who gives a s**t if he signs or not, we make the offer that's best for the club and if he can get better elsewhere then we wish him all the best.

Shouldn't be offered more than 1 year on the minimum salary.
Rucci and some other media people pushing the line that Lycett is in demand elsewhere. Good luck Scooter, all the best at your new club.

Ryder looked cooked before he left us. Including doing an Achilles which is a real old man injury

Didn’t he have a manageable jag which became a full-blown ‘ruh roh’ after chasing a thief down his street barefoot in the middle of the night?

You couldn’t make it up.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back