Recommitted Tarryn Thomas [OOC 2024] - Staying at North

Remove this Banner Ad

He's also one career discretion away from stacking shelves at Woolies.
Should already be in jail. Lucky he can footy.

Geez this is a worry if both McKay and Thomas look to leave the club. After JHF the year before.

Big risk for the bombers though. I wouldn’t be risking their first rounder for him.

Lol, calm the hand wringing. We’ve been two results from winning four spoons in a row. Everyone on BF says McKay is an injury prone spud and Tarryn is scum so what is the concern? We might get two top ten picks out of them.

I wouldn’t touch him, he might touch you though
Was 🔥 for a half against our mob then drifted out of the game. He has talent to impact offensively but was a liability when going the other way. But you’d take that if you’d think he can impact over full games and you had the midfield that could cover his lack of defensive efforts.

His off field antics deem him too high risk to pony up a top ten pick for him.

Wouldn’t say much of either him or north if he decided to leave. He owes them after his discretions and the amount they paid to acquire him.

Lol, calm the hand wringing. We’ve been two results from winning four spoons in a row. Everyone on BF says McKay is an injury prone spud and Tarryn is scum so what is the concern? We might get two top ten picks out of them.
Yet North fans are saying on your board 20 games out of Thomas have them more excited than the new toys. So clearly some would be upset losing him.

Has qualities that not many players in the league have. Has been unbelievable since coming back despite actually not being fit.

Ultimately, hard to see a deal being done because of his upside vs his off-field issues making his value near impossible to determine. Given he’s contracted, I expect him to be held to it like last year when he wanted to go to GC.

Dodoro will sell him the dream, Dodoro will offer North a second rounder, North will say “no”, Dodoro will say “damn”.

Yet North fans are saying on your board 20 games out of Thomas have them more excited than the new toys. So clearly some would be upset losing him.

So what?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

No chance of a top 10 pick for Thomas

Man, all I’ve heard for months is no way McKay gets paid enough to get band 1 either. While it remains to be seen the deals aren’t normally done by oppo team BF supporters.

What I do know is he’s a top ten draft pick gun player on hot form we want to keep with a year on his contract. It’s not going to be cheap so he will stay.

Man, all I’ve heard for months is no way McKay gets paid enough to get band 1 either. While it remains to be seen the deals aren’t normally done by oppo team BF supporters.

What I do know is he’s a top ten draft pick gun player on hot form we want to keep with a year on his contract. It’s not going to be cheap so he will stay.
You are right, deals aren't done by big footy posters, but 99.9% of us can see there is zero chance of that happening.

So while I'm not doing the deal I'm more than happy to point out that it won't happen. I think staying is the most likely so we agree on that one

Didn't know deals are normally done by team BF mods.

Second rounder at best, I would’ve said third rounder given the off field antics could land him in the slammer at any moment and he’s hardly strung 10 good games together. Norf probably better off keeping him if he doesn’t walk out on them…

So your false bravado of "its a win win" is as empty as his false concern.

I never said it was a win win, I was responding to the Tigers poster trying to make a big deal about a CHB nobody rates and a mid that people think is a criminal leaving a team that could have had four spoons in four years. Perhaps read the post you’re responding to, or at least I’m responding to.

We’re too far down the bottom for these things to be major issues.

I never said it was a win win, I was responding to the Tigers poster trying to make a big deal about a CHB nobody rates and a mid that people think is a criminal leaving a team that could have had four spoons in four years. Perhaps read the post you’re responding to, or at least I’m responding to.

We’re too far down the bottom for these things to be major issues.
Right. So you weren't going "we get a top 10 pick regardless" as false bravado that losing him doesn't matter.
He’s contracted. Stop being a dick.
You telling other posters they don't make deals = fine. Me doing the same to you = being a dick.

Right. So you weren't going "we get a top 10 pick regardless" as false bravado that losing him doesn't matter.

You telling other posters they don't make deals = fine. Me doing the same to you = being a dick.

Did you just quote me as saying “we get a top 10 pick regardless”? I quite clearly (in that I wrote it) said we might get two top ten picks for two players people think are s**t. It had nothing to do with what I thought was a win or not and certainly nothing to do with what people on the North board think because we don’t actually have a hive mind.

I also wasn’t making “a deal”. I’m was just saying it won’t be cheap which is a perfectly fine comment to make for a contracted top ten draft pick in career best form.

At that, I know your heart isn’t in this one so I won’t accuse you of slipping.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back