Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

The Ch7 report mentioned a line of enquiry is if 2 North teammates were in an altercation with the men inside the bar before they were removed. Might match up with roos_fanatic08 intel that Jy and Chom were involved.

News report showed plenty of surveillance cameras on the outside of the building, got to have a clear shot of who it was, surely.

Where can I find RF08's info?

On SM-G781B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I just listened to a report on the incident that Jack was hit to the chin with such force, it knocked him unconscious and he fell face first into the ground. That sounds horrendous. He is so “lucky” he only broke his nose.

Jesus Christ.

Shit like this should be treated like attempted murder.

All it takes is to land in the wrong way and he was that close to being either paralyzed for life or dead.

We literally almost had Jack murdered the night of his retirement.

Why aren’t we seeing any CCTV of these pricks….. if they were in the bar earlier in the night as reported, they would have footage of them

I would think it is because you aren't a copper who is working on this?

Nothing the media has put out has the potential to get the case thrown out if it went to trial. They've only reported facts which have been backed up by eye witnesses.

In the above post they say is that the CCTV was clear and unambiguous. None of the grainy shit you see bottle-o's release to try and find thieves.

Condolences to North Melbourne fans.
The senseless bashing of Jack.
As someone wise said to me once, sadly, we can't trust human nature.
While we are at it, a massive congratulations to your club and fans for the respect they showed JZ after the final siren on Saturday - after Cotch and Riewoldt addressed your fans. JZ's achievements pale into significance against your two retirees. When JZ took the microphone, I thought it may be awkward and a possible recipe for disaster. The Richmond supporters listened attentively, didn't interrupt and paid him an enormous amount of respect. Thankyou.
I still hate your guts though!

Yes, Jack was relatively lucky compared to some of the other fatal cases.
The Crown food court bashing where the victim was in a coma and the family switched off life support.
Personally, I never hated North Melbourne.
My uncles were North supporters.
We hated Hawthorn and Collingwood and celebrated when the Roos won in 1975 and 1977.
Dad attended the draw and the ultimate Roos' victory.

Any update on JZ?
Resting at home and in good spirits.
Needed post season surgery anyway so he'll have the broken nose fixed and the rest done in one go.

**** those campaigners. I hope the footage isn't released publicly and Jack can just get some rest and privacy.
The less media attention this now gets the better. Let the police do their job and prosecute them as they deserve.

No I appreciate that you didn't go the African gangs thing literally and I didn't mean to imply that you did. Just saying it's a little bit like Peter Dutton's claims at one point that Melbournians were all afraid to go out to restaurants and we were all like, what the * is he on about?
When you find out anything relevant that Peter Dutton is on about, let me know. And, I accept your apology.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I still don’t know how they have yet to identify the 3 cowards

Get footage in the club, in the line and outside

Would be the standard “we know who you are, hand yourself in”

There’s clear CCTV, it will take a day or two identifying one of them via CCTV, matching bar receipts and payment info etc.

Once they get one, they will get the others.

Brother I love you but I wish this didn’t exist. This is horrible.
They ambulance chased him not only walking to hospital but when he’s waiting inside too ffs

I have no words.

Not one person asked for this.
NO ONE.

No doubt Channel 9 will run and cry again.
Thank f*** for Clarko. He’s the only campaigner at the club who calls these parasites out and I hope he rips into them this week.

Two men have been arrested following the alleged assault of another man in South Yarra early yesterday morning.

Police were called to Commercial Road about 1am Sunday 20 August, following reports a 32-year-old man was allegedly assaulted in an unprovoked incident outside a bar.

It will be alleged the victim was punched in the face, causing him to fall onto the road, before he was allegedly kicked while on the ground.

Following the alleged assault, the 32-year-old was taken to the Epworth Hospital with facial injuries.

Following enquiries by detectives from the Stonnington Crime Investigation Unit, two men aged 21 and 26 – both from Narre Warren – attended Prahran Police Station, where they were arrested just after 1pm today.

The 21-year-old was charged with affray, intentionally cause injury, and assault by kicking. He was bailed to appear in the Melbourne Magistrate’s Court on 24 October 2023.

The 26-year-old was released pending further enquiries.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back