Golf Golf Clubs/Equipment Discussion.

Remove this Banner Ad

Watching the Scottish, and as an avid viewer of some of the big YouTube names, I have noticed hoods on golf apparel are becoming a real thing.

I like a casual hoodie as much as the next guy, but the idea of a hood swishing around while I am swinging seems the most annoying thing imaginable. Is it just me, or are they a terrible idea?
When I was younger it would have most distracting to me. But now for some reason I couldn't give a toss. I hit golf balls into my net bare footed or in thongs and could play a round like that quite easily and well.

Guy i paired with this weekend had a brand new Cleveland launcher adjustable driver. He was absolutely sending them (measured one at 270m) but boy did it sound horrible. Sounded like he was hitting pebbles.

Gave me the itch to go spend money I don't have though lol

I reckon we need a what’s in the bag thread.

Driver - Cobra LTDX (****ing awesome, Nvy Blue, looks heaps better than the gold/orange version)
3 Wood - Titliest D2 910
Hybrid - Titliest 910 H3
4 Rescue - Taylor Made ( not sure of model, had it for years)
Irons - 6i - 9i - Cobra King single length
7 Wood - Cobra LTDX ( see driver, takes spot of 5i)
Wedges - 48, 52, 56sw, 60 - Calloway Jaws
Putter - Taylor Made Spider

Balls - change between Calloway Chrome softs, Titliest Pro V 1x, and Taylor Made TP5’s

I reckon we need a what’s in the bag thread.
Hell yeah!
Check out this absolute budget rag tag bag:

Clickgear 3.5 Buggy
Clickgear Cart Bag

Putter - Taylormade Spider
Driver - Cleveland Launcher HB - Own and carry one but never hit it because slice city
3W - Strata (cheap beginner package brand) See Above
4H - Strata (cheap beginner package brand) always off the tee with the 4H baby
5H - Strata (cheap beginner package brand)
PW - don't carry one because I'm shit and a 9i is the same
9i-6i - Strata irons (cheap beginner package brand)
*No 7i because it's bent and YOLO
54 - Cleveland CBX2 wedge
60 - Cleveland CBX2 wedge hell yeah, what sort of 30 handicapper doesn't want to carry a 60 degree for flop shots that I skull across the green

Ball - second hand baby, I'll play anything I found in the woods that looks okay, and my bag is filled with Srixons, Bridgestones, Titliests, Callawats or anything I've bought refurbished from Lost Golf Ball.com sales, generally yellow or coloured in some way so I can find my shots 20m in the woods or on the next fairway.

Last edited:
My 2nd set.
No driver ( I gave it away) although I'd love one of the early 2000 Titleist that Woods used with the small head.
Assortment of 3 and 4 Woods and hybrids, I think one of them is a Srixon?
Mizuno MS9 irons. These things are petrifying. They look like your hitting the ball with a butter knife the top edge is so thin. Go all they way through to SW.
No 60.
Original Ping Anser butter with a crap grip I found at the tip!
Mizuno stand bag from Gumtree.
Ball = whatever.

Driver: Titleist TS2 (10.5*)
Shaft: Hzrdus Black Smoke 70S

3-wood: Callaway Maverik (15*)
Shaft: EvenFlow Riptide 60 S

Driving Iron: Nike Vapor Fly Pro (3) (19*)
Shaft: Dynamic Gold S300

Irons: Ping Blueprint (4-PW)
Shafts: Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 (52, 56, 60)
Shafts: Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: Evnroll ER2 355g (35”)
Grips: Gravity Grip

Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5x

Grips: GolfPride MCC Align

Bag: Titleist Cart Bag

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5

Driver: Titleist TS2 (10.5*)
Shaft: Hzrdus Black Smoke 70S

3-wood: Callaway Maverik (15*)
Shaft: EvenFlow Riptide 60 S

Driving Iron: Nike Vapor Fly Pro (3) (19*)
Shaft: Dynamic Gold S300

Irons: Ping Blueprint (4-PW)
Shafts: Dynamic Gold 120 S300

Wedges: Titleist Vokey SM7 (52, 56, 60)
Shafts: Vokey Wedge Flex

Putter: Evnroll ER2 355g (35”)
Grips: Gravity Grip

Golf Ball: TaylorMade TP5x

Grips: GolfPride MCC Align

Bag: Titleist Cart Bag

Rangefinder: Bushnell Tour V5
Love a set up that isn't brand loyal.

Driver: Taylormade Sim
Shaft: Hzrdus Green Smoke

3-wood and 5-Wood: Cobra F-Max
Shaft: Dunno

Hybrid: Cobra Rad Speed one length 3 Hybrid
Shaft: Stiff shaft

Irons: Srixon ZX-5 (5-PW). Cobra F-Max 4 iron one length. Perfect for punching under trees.
Shafts: Dunno. KBS stiff something.

Wedges: Taylormade Milled Grind something 52, Cleveland somethings 56 and 60
Shafts: Dunno

Putter: Ping Karsten B60
Grips: Thick square grip. Feels nice.

Golf Ball: Whatever I can find. I like yellow balls as they are easier to spot under trees.

Grips: Not sure. My irons have had the same grip for about 5 years and don't even look like needing changing.

Bag: Wilson

Rangefinder: Not sure what brand. Got it second hand.

Stat tracking: Shotscope. Its awesome.

Basically I'm not good enough nor do I have the time to play enough to warrant investing big money and mental energy being particular about my golf bag. If I rocked up with all the gear and no game, with the one brand throughout the bag, brand new clubs every 6 months and everything sparkly clean after spending thousands of dollars then the only thing that would do is fuel false expectations for me to play well.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Shotscope, just looked that up. Very interesting.

Probably should invest in a few other things before that like lessons but love my data

Shotscope will tell you where to focus lessons for low hanging fruit

Went in to the local to buy some new shoes, overheard a bloke trading up a Callaway Rogue into a Paradym. As soon as he left I offered the store $50 more than what they gave him as credit.

Got very lucky with the timing, and could easily flip it for an extra $100 if it doesn't end up in the bag long term. Talk about right place right time

Went for a driver fitting today and ending buying the paradym … unbelievable driver … was comfortably going 20 sometimes 30 meters further than my maverik and straighter ..

Was also streets ahead of anything else I tried today
What else did you try?

Had a go of the Paradym today after the comments above. Our pro is a Callaway man. Loved it. Used the X which is the most forgiving. Will give the others a go but I was very impressed with this one. One of them will be in my bag before too long I dare say.

Had a go of the Paradym today after the comments above. Our pro is a Callaway man. Loved it. Used the X which is the most forgiving. Will give the others a go but I was very impressed with this one. One of them will be in my bag before too long I dare say.
$1000 a pop Bicco?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back