MMA-UFC UFC 284 - Makhachev v Volkanovski

Remove this Banner Ad

I dont think its quite the same. TJ was juicing it very very hard to keep that under wraps.

They might though.
I mean, IV drips can be used to hide PED use as well.

Be very interesting to see how this investigation goes.

If this is just a throw it out there claim by Hooker I’ll be very disappointed. Feed him to Islam again for that, fairs fair.

If this is just a throw it out there claim by Hooker I’ll be very disappointed. Feed him to Islam again for that, fairs fair.
I think if there was even a chance it was a PED thing then they wouldnt try to bury it, thats too much even for (modern) UFC.

If its rehydrating and it invalidates that fight (which could very well be a FOTY contender) they wont want that.

It's not about hiding, it's about Islam still having yet to face Poirier, Chandler, Gaethje, Fiziez and even someone like Conor if he wins. That division is disgustingly stacked and any of them could get a title shot and be justified
I get that, i just dont think islam is the sort to hide by fighting bums.

Apparently Volk and the team know the nurse that administered the IV, supposedly said on the Ariel Helwani hour.

Wow so she comes forward and Volk gets awarded the belt.

That simple.

Why are IV drips banned they seem to be pretty safe options and can only improve the fights without going down the path of juicing etc.
Stops fighters cutting to much weight too quickly. Was brought in in 2016 after a few guys had liver failure and at least 1 died.

For me safety aside, if you have to cut that much its not your weight class. Stop trying to be a size bully and just go up.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's very much throw away, I don't think Ariel realized what he was saying or he would have drilled down on it. Still sounds like it's more than just a Hooker rumour
Yeah Volk touched on it twice but understandably doesn’t want to sound like a sore loser.

Be interesting if it is a nurse they know and get a stat dec or something along those lines signed.

Yep I agree, Hooker deserves a rematch, early stoppage in the last one haha

That's one problem with this revelation, Hooker seems like he has an axe to grind against Islam, gonna be interesting to see how it ends up.

Yeah Volk touched on it twice but understandably doesn’t want to sound like a sore loser.

Be interesting if it is a nurse they know and get a stat dec or something along those lines signed.
Wonder if Volk would even want him busted tho, volk seems like the type of guy who wouldn't want the decision overturned but rather create enough controversy to cause a rematch

Yep I agree, Hooker deserves a rematch, early stoppage in the last one haha

That's one problem with this revelation, Hooker seems like he has an axe to grind against Islam, gonna be interesting to see how it ends up.
Volk went with it aswell.

Really? I just checked his Twitter and nothing. I mean it could be a dangerous area for him, I'm sure there are things he's doing which are "pushing the envelope" like all of them.
Mentioned it twice very briefly on the MMA hour with Helwani. No using an IV isn't pushing the envelope it's a suspendable offence with USADA. If it's true he's ****ed.

Mentioned it twice very briefly on the MMA hour with Helwani. No using an IV isn't pushing the envelope it's a suspendable offence with USADA. If it's true he's ****ed.

Oh yes of course, I'm just wondering if big Al's closet is clean with respect to PEDs. Might have to give it a listen this week then, I'm a semi regular listener of the MMA Hour.

Oh yes of course, I'm just wondering if big Al's closet is clean with respect to PEDs. Might have to give it a listen this week then, I'm a semi regular listener of the MMA Hour.
It's not exactly worth it for that, he sorta throws it out quick and moves on quick. Doesn't at all suggest anything should be done of it.

Wait ya reckon volks on something?

It's not exactly worth it for that, he sorta throws it out quick and moves on quick. Doesn't at all suggest anything should be done of it.

Wait ya reckon volks on something?

To be honest I'm assuming nearly all guys in the UFC are on something or other, I have no way of knowing either way of course.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back