Preview 2023 Fixture - hopes, dreams, dreads

Remove this Banner Ad

i think it's more the bullshit Tasmania / Alice Springs / Ballarat stuff

though finally playing Melbourne in Melbourne for only 2nd time in 9 years (not counting the covid clash )

I have bad memories of playing Melbourne at the MCG.

When we were good, we had years of low standard scraps, usually late on Mothers Day with noone there.

When we were bad (2011), they annihilated us by 100pts, Danger got slingtackled and concussed, then Griffen missed the free kick goal from 1m. Good times 👍

When we were good, we had years of low standard scraps, usually late on Mothers Day with noone there.

When we were bad (2011), they annihilated us by 100pts, Danger got slingtackled and concussed, then Griffen missed the free kick goal from 1m. Good times 👍

We got beaten by a really powerful side that day, though.

Yeh I was at them too

That is a disgrace.

When I moved to Melbourne in the mid 2000s, we used to get 6-7 Melbourne games a year.

It's very hard to keep your kids as Crows supporters over here, especially when they only have a couple of chances to see them live!

Its disappointing many Crows posters are complaining about the draw in 2023.:think:

Over on the Richmond board, spare a thought for Tigers supporters that are complaining they only got 13 games at the MCG in 2023. :drunk:

:D

d2c2b5e138a96b926699c9c8fdf1b6d3.jpg
I think we will be 0-5 before we play the Hawks in R6.

Its disappointing many Crows posters are complaining about the draw in 2023.:think:

Over on the Richmond board, spare a thought for Tigers supporters that are complaining they only got 13 games at the MCG in 2023. :drunk:

:D
Melbourne 13 at the g and Collingwood 14. What? Is the AFL actually trying to even things out a bit. Hallelujah

It was them that finally cost Saint Neil his job though, from memory. Hard to hold a grudge after doing us that favour.
That was the St Kilda game at Marvel, I was at that clusterheck of a game

Imho, the difficulty of the fixture seems fair enough. Our double ups are against the teams that finished 3rd, 4th, 11th, 12th, 16th and 17th. Going to 23 matches has reduced the difference between the perceived hardest and easiest fixtures with most teams playing double ups against two teams in the 2022 top 6, two in the middle 6 and two in the bottom 6.

The games in Darwin, Tassie and Ballarat are annoying but we would go into these matches as the underdog if they were played at the “traditional venues”. We are a good chance to win one or more of these games.

I think we should expect between 9 and 13 wins depending upon injuries to key players and luck in close matches.

Horrible commercial fixture in terms of timeslots. Our worst ever, easily.
Did I not warn everyone multiple times in the Rankine thread that luring home Rankine from the AFL's own team the Gold Coast would be met with punishment? I told you the AFL is a sinister Vic boys club and that we would be punished with a shi* draw.

Well look at that, a horrible draw with as much travel as the AFL could serve up to us.

Their punishment may not stop at just one season either, we've had our card marked.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Did I not warn everyone multiple times in the Rankine thread that luring home Rankine from the AFL's own team the Gold Coast would be met with punishment? I told you the AFL is a sinister Vic boys club and that we would be punished with a shi* draw.

Well look at that, a horrible draw with as much travel as the AFL could serve up to us.

Their punishment may not stop at just one season either, we've had our card marked.

Yeah, nah.

I think we will be 0-5 before we play the Hawks in R6.
I could see us winning any of them.
GWS are no good, missing 2 of their best 3 mids
Richmond probably the toughest game, but don't play AO well
Port anything can happen
Fremantle beat us by a point last year
Carlton we beat comfortably
In reality probably 2 wins but could be any number 0-5

Yeah it was the Sanits game that was the final nail for Craig.

It was a Friday night game and Neil was sacked even before the sun came up on Saturday morning.

I've seen us get smashed before, but that game would have to be close to being the worst that I've ever seen us play.

From memory I reckon we kicked a goal early in the 2nd quarter and then didn't score again until getting a late junk time goal just before the siren in the last quarter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back