Player Watch Pick #14 (2019) - Miles Bergman

Remove this Banner Ad

If you watch the celebrations and team song after the showdown he doesnt look like someone who is unhappy or someone who looks like he is leaving
One of the real positive things I saw from the Showdown win, was the very real camaraderie among the players after the win. There were genuine hugs, head rubs, and many signs of affection. The boys like each other, like playing with each other, and love playing for the club. Miles was leading the pack.

The Oracle of Adjustments (Rucci) seems to have changed his stance on Miles since the 5th (Rooch on Miles Bergman's potential departure from Port Adelaide (05.08.22)) when he beleived Miles was leaving.

Tonight his comment were along the lines of people mis-understanding him and he ws just saying there was interest ...... the link above distictly has Michaelangelo saying he believes Miles wouldn't be at Port next year.

If Rooch was not trying to sell Bergmann off on behalf of the club in that clip then I'll go he.

The Oracle of Adjustments is a perfect name for him.

Last edited:

One of the real positive things I saw from the Showdown win, was the very real camaraderie among the players after the win. There were genuine hugs, head rubs, and many signs of affection. The boys like each other, like playing with each other, and love playing for the club. Miles was leading the pack.
We all knew Amon was going, but when I saw Charlie give him an extra long hug after the game that really put the stamp on it.

We all knew Amon was going, but when I saw Charlie give him an extra long hug after the game that really put the stamp on it.
Bear Hugs GIF

Hopefully Miles will have a big 2023 following an uninterrupted preseason. I don’t think he had much of a preseason going into the 2022 rounds with shoulder surgery at the end of 2021 and correction early in 2022 as he had a loose screw.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wing, with stints on the ball. The boy can play, hopefully we can sign him to a longer term deal.

yer i had a chat with him during the season. He was talking about how being sick was worse for him than any of his injuries and stopped him from doing a mini preseason to ramp him back up etc

It sounded like it was really bad. He didn't look well when he returned to the field too. Took him a few weeks to find his mojo.

What are we even arguing about now. Bergman upper body strength looks great. Won't effect his speed at all. He will be on the ball in no time and.i think will be just behind rozee and butters for the next group of on ballers. Yes ahead of the jhf

What are we even arguing about now. Bergman upper body strength looks great. Won't effect his speed at all. He will be on the ball in no time and.i think will be just behind rozee and butters for the next group of on ballers. Yes ahead of the jhf
Do we really think Bergs will develop an inside game. I must have missed that memo. It would be massive if he could but I haven’t seen signs. I hold out more hope of J.Burgoyne, Jones, Sinn and even Fantasia- who looked great in the guts in the 5 minutes he played SANFL last year- being able to roll through the guts.

This could be our most talented squad ever if there is further development in Bergman, Marshall, Georgiades, Hayes, Duursma, Butters, Sinn, JHF, Rozee, Farrell, Burgoyne, Jones in particular.

Do we really think Bergs will develop an inside game. I must have missed that memo. It would be massive if he could but I haven’t seen signs. I hold out more hope of J.Burgoyne, Jones, Sinn and even Fantasia- who looked great in the guts in the 5 minutes he played SANFL last year- being able to roll through the guts.

This could be our most talented squad ever if there is further development in Bergman, Marshall, Georgiades, Hayes, Duursma, Butters, Sinn, JHF, Rozee, Farrell, Burgoyne, Jones in particular.
Not sure where Bergs will end up , he seems capable of playing so many different possies. He has very clean hands, so I wouldn't rule out time in the middle at some stage in the future. However probably needs to be settled in one position for an extended time at this stage of his dev.

Bergs attended some centre bounces towards the end of 2021 and I thought he looked pretty good. Quite composed in traffic.
Still think he stays on the wing for now but I wouldn't be that surprised to see him play on the centre more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back