Player Watch #5: Curtis Taylor - re-signed until the end of 2024

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol @ Curtis the “high-profile sporting identity”
What about gun midfielder?.. 🤣

1. The bloke has spent his whole career on the HFF and wing..
2. He’s one of my favourites but he’s far from a gun at this point in time..
3. Is Jackie Epstein related to Jeffery?..

Love Curtis but gonna need to get much fitter/stronger to nail his spot.
Agree - seems to be on the edge right now. Take the next step and become a quality player or fade away. I have good vibes about him. Hopefully he improves under Clarko.

Agree - seems to be on the edge right now. Take the next step and become a quality player or fade away. I have good vibes about him. Hopefully he improves under Clarko.
I don't feel he's on the edge at all, he's steadily improved every year. Now he gets to work under a super coach, I think his improvement will be quite dramatic under Clarko.

I don't feel he's on the edge at all, he's steadily improved every year. Now he gets to work under a super coach, I think his improvement will be quite dramatic under Clarko.
By edge I mean has he peaked or has he got more to give. Not trying to be dismissive - I'm a huge fan. Just hope he has more to give.

Torn between on Taylor.

He is ok at times.

He is horrible at times.

I think he can improve, but just a messy two or three touch footballer.

If he can be cleaner he could be a good player.

He's an enigma. BF favourite, some talent, has a dip but B&F placings and statistically for his position a way off it.

Wouldn't want to bet on his long term prospects, just too hard to call.

Fitness is one of his strengths
And in games I’d say he’s one of the few 2 way runners for us

Strength is an area to improve tho
Could be the description of Bailey Scott
Shocked Baby GIF

the Ziebull

A romance appears to be blossoming between two high-profile sporting identities​

Tongues are wagging over a possible budding romance between racing reporter and model Grace Hayden and Roos’ midfielder Curtis Taylor.

Jackie Epstein

November 6, 2022 - 1:22PM
20 comments
Stunning Grace Hayden with Curtis Taylor and Ruby Tonzing at Stakes Day.
Stunning Grace Hayden with Curtis Taylor and Ruby Tonzing at Stakes Day.
A new romance between a young sporting couple looks to be blossoming.
Channel 7 racing reporter Grace Hayden and gun North Melbourne midfielder Curtis Taylor were a standout couple in The Birdcage on Saturday.
The pair attended TAB Champions Stakes Day with friends including Taylor’s first cousins, Brooke and Jackson Warne.
Hayden, the daughter of cricket legend Matthew Hayden, has made a big impression since joining Seven’s coverage for the Caulfield Cup Carnival.
The 20 year-old model, who got the code red memo styled by Paul Versace from Styled by Bloom, is a natural in front of the camera and has fit in well to Melbourne’s social scene.
Grace Hayden and Curtis Taylor were standouts in The Birdcage on Saturday.
Grace Hayden and Curtis Taylor were standouts in The Birdcage on Saturday.
Taylor, 22, has a big future after playing more than 50 games for the Kangaroos and recently signing a new two-year deal.
Hayden interviewed her parents during the Cox Plate telecast and told Confidential she was definitely keen to pursue a career in television.
“I’ve really loved it,’’ she said.
“I don’t come from a horseracing background so it’s great to learn off people.
“I love seeing all the fashion and making new friends.
“Neither mum nor dad has been to a race day in Melbourne because dad could never go with his cricket schedule.”
[and then some pars about other non north footy players]
If she’s as strong as haydos and they get hitched - think she’ll be carrying Curtis over the threshold 😅

He's an enigma. BF favourite, some talent, has a dip but B&F placings and statistically for his position a way off it.

Wouldn't want to bet on his long term prospects, just too hard to call.
Judging by the photos from the races last week his short term prospects are okay.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The bits and pieces of Curtis' game are good and he's definitely got talent. But he doesn't seem to have any stand out physical or athletic trait that sets him apart.

I could see him making a fist of it off half back with his courage, nous and composure though.

Dunno why but he reminds me of a young Denis Banks.

Must play forward. Must play forward!

Even when we were largely unwatchable, I thought he was very dangerous closer to goal. I hope Clarko gives him something to work with around HFF/forward pocket.

Kinda reminds me of Luke Breust? Accurate shot for goal and can alluva sudden kick 2 or 3 in a few mins of footy. I reckon he will make it because he works extremely hard. The attitude is there but he just needs decent coaching. It'll happen.

Last edited:
Kinda reminds me of Luke Breust? Accurate shot for goal and can alluva sudden kick 2 or 3 in a few mins of footy. I reckon he will make it because he works extremely hard. The attitude is there but he just needs decent coaching. It'll happen.

Luke Breust?

Crikey.

Don't see it but would love you to be on the money with that call.

Must play forward. Must play forward!

Even when we were largely unwatchable, I thought he was very dangerous closer to goal. I hope Clarko gives him something to work with around HFF/forward pocket.

Running wise totally agree, but it would be nice if he worked harder in the gym!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back