WRFL Div 3 discussion 2022

Remove this Banner Ad

Congratulations to Shaun Buttigieg-Clarke on reaching 100 goals. Fantastic for the competition for 2 forwards to achieve this in the year.

Watching today I think it should be a great game next week. Brookers have hit their straps at the right time of the year, playing with a lot of confidence and Suns are a formidable side who have it all.

Just witnessed braybrook make albanvale look really ordinary. The suns must be licking their lips over next week. On a side note how do the league fixture a Div 3 final at pennell reserve with braybrook playing in the finals series?
Braybrook were fantastic. You would love two finals at home in a row though. Maybe WRFL could change to Pennell next week to completely make it fair 😀🙄

Suns v Braybrook GF. Firstly congratulations to SBC for kicking 100 goals, massive achievement at any level of football. This will hurt Albanvale not only now but moving forward. The loss of L Montrose really only gave Albanvale the 1 target and losing McLarty through suspension took away additional leg speed required against Braybrook. The result did not surprise me but the margin certainly did. If you consider that Braybrook only just fell over the line against SHeights, I think this probably tells you more about Albanvale than Braybrook. Lets talk next week and what I think will shape up to be a very competitive game. Ryan v Gregson, the battle of the 2 most dominant forwards, Cachia & SBC & the speed both teams have. I believe that the Suns overall will have too much dominance across the field & particularly through the midfield. Paul Tomelty & Josh Foster will have a huge say in this game and if the supply to Suns forwards is not curtailed and the likes of Cachia, Jago & John Tomelty get too much ball then Braybrook cannot win. Braybrook will be encourage by the recent form of Gregson in the Ruck and his presence around ground as well as James Grubb's form in backline. In summary I believe the 2 best teams have made it through, Albanvale may disagree but the form suggest we have the right 2 teams in GF. The Suns have beaten Braybrook 3 times this year & it will 4. Suns by 33. Good luck to all the players and Coaching staff.

Word out of the Braybrook camp is they are quietly confident about the Grand Final.

Braybrook and Suns were equally as impressive in their victories over the Cobras.

I'm not sure how Hoskin-Elliot pulled up, but his day seemed to be over in the second quarter yesterday yet he returned to play a starring role. He's crucial to the Brookers' chances.

Now that’s a real task. Can start with the forward line as that should be pretty easy IMO

C Blyth J.Tomelty B Jago
Buttigieg-Clarke D Cachia L Montrose
A bit of a different look for me

Foster Johnson Jago
BC Cachia Montrose

J. Tomelty off the bench, midfield and defenders will be interesting to see. The token NS and Lavo players will be interesting, outside of Blake Charles in the ruck or on the bench at worst

I think this will be a closer game than we think, braybrook seem to have beaten their finals curse and made it to the big dance.

But with the Suns forward line there is a very stiff chance of Brooke's getting up. Will be interesting nontheless.

A bit of a different look for me

Foster Johnson Jago
BC Cachia Montrose

J. Tomelty off the bench, midfield and defenders will be interesting to see. The token NS and Lavo players will be interesting, outside of Blake Charles in the ruck or on the bench at worst

Can’t disagree with you too much on this. Foster makes the team 💯… it’s just a question of where for me - forward or mid. When he’s in the middle, he’s the best big bodied mid in the comp.

Can someone fill me in as to why vinnie was coaching from behind the fence on Saturday? Or is he not the coach anymore

Can someone fill me in as to why vinnie was coaching from behind the fence on Saturday? Or is he not the coach anymore
He was suspended for umpire abuse for 3 games. The club then decided to part ways

He is no longer brookers coach since their last game against suns. their assistant the little guy has taken over

Some interesting additions and omissions to the team of the year. Anyone who know who puts the list together?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some interesting additions and omissions to the team of the year. Anyone who know who puts the list together?
This is from the Western Region FL Facebook page. The post is as follow: "The Western Region Football League is proud to announce the 2022 Alan Mance Motors Division 3 Team of the Year."

After looking at the TOTY it is clear that the WRFL have no idea who or how to pick the team. You have at least 12 notable absentees from this years team. Why anybody from Tarneit or Laverton would be picked, also some of the players picked, head scratchers. The 4 biggest names not in team, J Vella SH, P Tomelty SUNS, B Saric ALB & L Zammit Braybrook.

After looking at the TOTY it is clear that the WRFL have no idea who or how to pick the team. You have at least 12 notable absentees from this years team. Why anybody from Tarneit or Laverton would be picked, also some of the players picked, head scratchers. The 4 biggest names not in team, J Vella SH, P Tomelty SUNS, B Saric ALB & L Zammit Braybrook.

I couldn’t agree more with these names

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Agree 💯 on these. I’d expect these players to feature in the league vote count. How they don’t feature in TOTY is crazy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back