News Swans to wear Red V for Victorian Games

Remove this Banner Ad

and I'm Sydney born and bred and an NRL convert.

If you tell me that you used to be a silvertail/eels/souths fan, we need to have a long boring talk about our relationship!!

If you tell me that you used to be a silvertail/eels/souths fan, we need to have a long boring talk about our relationship!!
I mainly played league until injured at 23.
I was a Cronulla follower from the time they entered the comp until the Super League war in 1997. At that point I gave up on League altogether. Had barracked for St Kilda from my time in the country but very desultorily. Switched to the Swans in 1998. Have never looked back. Since Colless took charge it's been IMO the best run footy club in Aust. A lot to be proud of and VERY little to grumble about.
My proudest moment - being part of the minutes silence for Goodesy wearing my #37 T shirt. Even better than 2012.
Got a tear in my eye thinking about it.

I mainly played league until injured at 23.
I was a Cronulla follower from the time they entered the comp until the Super League war in 1997. At that point I gave up on League altogether. Had barracked for St Kilda from my time in the country but very desultorily. Switched to the Swans in 1998. Have never looked back. Since Colless took charge it's been IMO the best run footy club in Aust. A lot to be proud of and VERY little to grumble about.
My proudest moment - being part of the minutes silence for Goodesy wearing my #37 T shirt. Even better than 2012.
Got a tear in my eye thinking about it.
I was a leaguie as well up until Super League. I supported Newcastle having grown up there. But the game got tampered with. Play the balls were just roll under your legs, scrums were just feed into second row. etc. Hookers did nothing. I remember as a school boy in the second row training in the scrums. Your ears hurt you were packed so tight. You pushed as one tight unit. You look at scrums these days and people have their heads up looking around. A Joke. The integrity of the game was gone. Lost it for me. I eventually switched to AFL. having moved to Melbourne in 2000. Took me a few years but by 2003-4 I was hooked.

Hey hairy biker,
I don't have any issues with this ethos... In fact I love it!
My issue is that the guernsey they will be wearing in Melbourne doesn't reflect Sydney at all. We're excluded... that bothers me.
The team moved to Sydney to survive, we honour our heritage on every guernsey with SMFC and we retain the colours or the original club.
Now we're using a guernsey that doesn't reflect Sydney at all... I don't like it!
Cheers
Kirkswan
Maybe they will have SSFC on the back. Will that tickle your tossil?

I was a leaguie as well up until Super League. I supported Newcastle having grown up there. But the game got tampered with. Play the balls were just roll under your legs, scrums were just feed into second row. etc. Hookers did nothing. I remember as a school boy in the second row training in the scrums. Your ears hurt you were packed so tight. You pushed as one tight unit. You look at scrums these days and people have their heads up looking around. A Joke. The integrity of the game was gone. Lost it for me. I eventually switched to AFL. having moved to Melbourne in 2000. Took me a few years but by 2003-4 I was hooked.
Yeah. I had a lot of those feelings too. I played hooker and repped for Riverina at CHS in 1969. John McMartin was my idol. Pretty much the last of the genuine ball winning hookers. That's the type I was until I did my groin.
After that they were halfbacks or smaller second rowers.
Super League was the final straw.

Yeah. I had a lot of those feelings too. I played hooker and repped for Riverina at CHS in 1969. John McMartin was my idol. Pretty much the last of the genuine ball winning hookers. That's the type I was until I did my groin.
After that they were halfbacks or smaller second rowers.
Super League was the final straw.
prior to 1988 When Newcastle entered the competition, I supported Cronulla (Mum bought me a jersey for Christmas one year)and used to look at the stats in the back of Big League magazine and I always used to look for how many scrums McMartin used to win against the feed.

No, I was a roosters gal through and through, but never had the passion for them that I've had from virtually day one of following the mighty bloods.

prior to 1988 When Newcastle entered the competition, I supported Cronulla (Mum bought me a jersey for Christmas one year)and used to look at the stats in the back of Big League magazine and I always used to look for how many scrums McMartin used to win against the feed.
Can i be rude ,i don't want a blue again , but it's not about the Red V

Can i be rude ,i don't want a blue again , but it's not about the Red V

It is about our different journeys to how we came to love it and the red and the white.

No, I was a roosters gal through and through, but never had the passion for them that I've had from virtually day one of following the mighty bloods.

You were their 1 fan!!

Sydney Swans Probably the best known and most supported football club in Australia if you go by that poll done every year and you think they are struggling for their own identity ? Regardless if you like it or not the Club is the same football club as it was in 1874 just playing in a different state with a different name ? Have you ever walked into the clubs headquarters and seen that team of the century portrait ? What club is that ? Give us a spell. Oh sorry I forgot unless you live in Sydney or have only followed the club since 1982 then that is all this club represents ? Been avoiding posting on here because of some complete tripe but this takes the cake. Do yourself a favour and ask any player inducted to the Sydney Swans Football Club if they agree with your summation. Lets erase Skilton & Bedford's Brownlows and the 1933 Premiership from the club records and burn down the Red and White Members stand at the lake and see if that is more to your liking. Makes me want to spew up this sh*t going on and on every time something is mentioned about truly making the history of this club one. Same suspects every time. Sydney Swans does not exist with out South Melbourne. Simple.
Now I see where Luke Beveridge got his idea from.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Still waiting for the Swanshop to have the 2022 away guernsey up for sale. Was hoping to get one before Thursday for the Bulldogs game.
Anyone know how the Nike ones fit? True to size or do you still have to go one up?

Still waiting for the Swanshop to have the 2022 away guernsey up for sale. Was hoping to get one before Thursday for the Bulldogs game.
Anyone know how the Nike ones fit? True to size or do you still have to go one up?
Last year's one seemed on the larger side of normal. You'd be pretty safe ordering your normal size I would think.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back