Past #14: Trent Dumont - delisted end '21 - 113 NM games/26 NM goals - 2019 NM VCapt - thanks Froggy

Remove this Banner Ad

Really don’t like this. From a back to back top 3 in the BNF & in the leadership group to put the door in 12 months.

This sort of thing usually leads to one of two paths.

The club has moved strongly to match the requirements of what 2023 premiership level football will demand and Trent has found himself pushed out of contention.

Or it's a bit of a ****up and we've let a good man slip down the ratings and out the door for nothing.

"Time will tell".

Stiff - would have been great teaching the kids in the Magoos at a minimum. Not the way to treat a loyal servant who still had serviceable games in the ones

I agree with him.
Polec vs Dumont
Dumont wins that every day of the week.

I'll try again

Polec has two years to go on his contract, if we delist him we still have that in the cap and pay him out around the 1million mark for nothing

Dumont was out of contract, no pay out.

Do I need to go into any further?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Speaks to some kind of a personality clash imo.

Na, structure of the list doesn't really give him much opportunity to get a senior gig, just a victim of circumstance.

If he doesn't get an AFL gig, hope we have him in the VFL side next year.

All the best Froggy.

Agree. That Atley and Dumont find themselves out of a job while Polec stays seems a bit off.

I don't hate Polec but it's infuriating list management that produced this outcome.

It's easy to lay it at the feet of list management but those decisions were made pre-covid cuts. Ordinary decisions magnified by unseen circumstance. If our cap and squad was as flexible as it was two years ago then even if Dumont didn't have a home with us, he almost certainly would have found love as a free agent.

Really don’t like this. From a back to back top 3 in the BNF & in the leadership group to put the door in 12 months.
Goes to show how little the new footy department rate the previous footy departments direction, strategy and decision making.

Talk about putting the list and its leadership to the sword.

Could never question his effort. His best position is still as an inside mid, and he’s not playing that role anytime soon with the midfield we have assembled.

Done a job on the wing and for the most part done it bloody well, alot better then what I personally thought he would when they first shifted him out there. His level dropped this year and probably at the worst time for him being in a contract year.

Will, I hope get another gig somewhere else. All the best Froggy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back