Bluemour Melting Pot XXIX

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think he could be a good get for the Suns. How many times in match preview threads did we see comments like "We need Caslboult in the team just for structure, Harry is much better when he's playing even if he doesn't get much of the ball".

That's what the Suns will be looking at. I think he'll be an upgrade on Burgess in the ruck and tall fwd area. Burgess is essentially a 3rd tall who's been forced to play full time ruck. He'll be helped by Cas by allowing him to play 3rd/medium forward which is his natural gig.

Structurally he'll help, and in contests he'll help protect King to a degree. I wouldn't expect him to put up good stats or have a huge impact directly but he might just help the players around him.

Pitto is break glass option at this stage. Unless Harry is going to do some ruck work, we need another TDK type, someone like a Ladhams, Chol. That would mean we would struggle to have all of Charlie, Jsos, Gov in the forwardline. Marchbank can be moved to the rookie list so Gov could play as a 3rd tall defender

So, a Levi replacement, a KPP swingman/KPD (Ballenden, Brander type) and a developing KPD. Thats a minimum of 3 for needs. Keep OMac on the list as a backup forward or back
I like the idea of Gov as defender who can go forward if required. Hopefully he'll be training with the defender group this pre season. Going back a bit here but I remember how effective it was when we had the flexibility to move players from defence to forward bitd , thinking SOS, Spalding etc.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In my view
Hopefully Next week announcements will be made re coaching
If it’s prolonged any further then I think we are looking at a coach participating in the finals

Pitto is break glass option at this stage. Unless Harry is going to do some ruck work, we need another TDK type, someone like a Ladhams, Chol. That would mean we would struggle to have all of Charlie, Jsos, Gov in the forwardline. Marchbank can be moved to the rookie list so Gov could play as a 3rd tall defender

So, a Levi replacement, a KPP swingman/KPD (Ballenden, Brander type) and a developing KPD. Thats a minimum of 3 for needs. Keep OMac on the list as a backup forward or back
I'd be trying to get Ladhams out of Port Adelaide. Failing that, there may be a few good rucks in the SANFL / WAFL that could be an option.

Last edited:
If 70 stands for 1970, could be around the same age too??

Or it could be a reference to Ron Barassi’s 1970 halftime instructions?

Barass70 = Ron Barassi confirmed.

Not sure if Levi would move. They moved to an area specifically to get their eldest into a particular school this year.

I could think of $250,000 reasons why to move! Not to mention freedom, sun, surf, probably the best lifestyle on the planet at the moment!

Last edited:
The independent, external panel last week provided an update to me, to the Board and to CEO Cain Liddle. This process is now reaching its final stages and I assure you we will not be making any public comment until we have directly communicated with you, our members. This will include providing you with the summarised findings of the review that I know members have a deep and justified interest in.

Luke Sayers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back