Sport The World Game

Remove this Banner Ad

i hope leicester dont cop a drubbing tomorrow morning, would love to see them get a win first up...

any of you guys happen to catch the utd v city match? guardiola has done wonders already. they were utterly manic with and without the ball in the first 40 minutes. a mate of mine who doesnt have a EPL team, la liga follower as he was born in madrid, has been raving about guardiola for months. followed the teams he has coached quite closely. now i see what he was on about...
I hope Leicester enjoy it while they can, the mooted changes to the system are disgusting and thinly veiled corruption..

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/fo...e-shafting-poor-enjoy-Leicester-City-can.html

wow, hadnt heard of those changes. not surprised by it though, to be honest - which is not a good sign.

its a shame, cause nothing much beats a good underdog story in sport...
At least the two UEFA President candidates have both vowed to block the European Super League push, which is more extreme than this, in essence giving guaranteed access to clubs for the Elite club competition creating two clear tiers in Football.

Those that are at that seat (City won't be) and those that are not.... You know where the best players would go.
How can clubs other those who are the 'haves' ever achieve anything under the changes coming in.

makes it even harder for sides that don't/can't spend a bottomless pit of money to achieve success or at the very least Champions League Football.
Sad it's coming to this.

Doctor Gero - Son seems to be in some pretty impressive form... he is assisting/scoring everything, it seems.
Wanted to go back to Germany too, then said he wanted to fight for his place.
Looks like he's adapting to the league. Just so direct so far.

Dominating midfield without Dier and Dembele, that's something unfamiliar.

Wanted to go back to Germany too, then said he wanted to fight for his place.
Looks like he's adapting to the league. Just so direct so far.

Dominating midfield without Dier and Dembele, that's something unfamiliar.

son again...

should be a great match sunday night, also.

Interesting how we move to the UCL and are still on Sunday. It's like as if we never left the Europa League.

first spurs match ive watched this season. very impressive. i thought city were fairly comfortably the best team in it, now im not so sure. that definitely wasnt citys 'best shot', but a lot of that was because of spurs. have they pressed that hard all season so far? the commentary team on the optus broadcast are saying they havent seen the best of spurs up until now. city did similar to utd a few weeks ago, but probably also with much more attacking intent, and slicker passing.

all things considered, i thought spurs should have had it by more. city were largely clueless in the attacking third (and when they werent, lloris stood tall - that save of the deflection was excellent...), and didnt have enough space to generate their passing game in order to open up an avenue to goal. i think spurs will need to find a way to score more - which is weird, because they are a good passing team, and press hard, even forward. but they didnt strike me as overly threatening, despite their dominance.

but yes, the title looks very open now. spurs will be very hard to beat.

first spurs match ive watched this season. very impressive. i thought city were fairly comfortably the best team in it, now im not so sure. that definitely wasnt citys 'best shot', but a lot of that was because of spurs. have they pressed that hard all season so far? the commentary team on the optus broadcast are saying they havent seen the best of spurs up until now. city did similar to utd a few weeks ago, but probably also with much more attacking intent, and slicker passing.

all things considered, i thought spurs should have had it by more. city were largely clueless in the attacking third (and when they werent, lloris stood tall - that save of the deflection was excellent...), and didnt have enough space to generate their passing game in order to open up an avenue to goal. i think spurs will need to find a way to score more - which is weird, because they are a good passing team, and press hard, even forward. but they didnt strike me as overly threatening, despite their dominance.

but yes, the title looks very open now. spurs will be very hard to beat.
Pressing is the cornerstone of our play but that was in overdrive. Playing Son up front helped there too and I was sceptical it would given he'd scored 5 goals in September from the left. Haven't even missed a beat without Kane which is bloody great given he got a the golden boot.
We aren't clinical enough, beat Sunderland 1-0 despite 27 shots (and a Pickford worldie performance in goal).

Yes, we haven't been at our best, were playing 2 static DM's early on whilst Dembele served his suspension.
Last season our 2nd string midfield was woeful. Bentaleb, Carroll and Mason just gave the ball away too often. Highlighted by a 2 leg 5-1 thrashing by Dortmund with them playing. Sold 1, loaned 1 and the other has hardly played this season. Buying Sissoko (who hasn't been his NUFC lazy self) has allowed Alli to deputise deeper.

Funny what good scouting does though. Utd spend 89m on Pogba but we got Alli for 5m and dier for 4m. Clubs like City, Utd, Chelsea and Arsenal have spent 25-30m on CB's but 11m for Alderweireld is a steal. Kante for 30m but Wanyama for 12m. Building a squad that can compete for trophies on a far lower budget and wage structure than other clubs. Levy loves sacking managers but I think he's finally found a keeper.

Thanks for that link alerting fans to the disgraceful processes of UEFA. Trying desperately to keep their old clubs at the top and unfortunately they're probably going to succeed.
On a better note it's fantastic to see Spurs so relevant in the EPL. I'd love to see Poch coaching the Cats.

Happy with the draw barmy44 ?

all things considered, yes and no... should have been 3 or 4 nil really, but lacked that final pass. pretty interesting watching city develop under guardiola. they'll be hit and miss for a while, and seem to be in a holding pattern after an over-achieving start. looked like a champions league contender a few weeks back, but in this form barcelona will account for them quite easily on thursday.

last night was not great, but it looked like heading to a 1-0 loss, so a draw was something. two penalties in the same spot is a touch silly, but some fantastic keeping. the save off de bruynes hit from distance was excellent.

a bit of a nothing game really. city were all build up, no finish; everton just sat back and went the counter. they have some steel this year, which is good to see, but it definitely wasnt a game to remember.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chelsea deserved to win. The 3-4-3 is a fantastic formation hands down. It's great to see that Mourinho rejects Moses and Alonso embarrassed Jose. Great stuff to watch

Ronaldo has 73 goals in his last 70 league games.
Messi has 70 goals in hist last 70 league games.
Suarez has 64 goals in his last 70 league games.
Aguero has 57 goals in his last 70 league games.
Lewandowski has 55 goals in hist last 70 league games.
Aubamayang has 54 goals in his last 70 league games.
Higuain has 54 goals in his last 70 league games.
Kane has 50 goals in his last 70 league games.
Griezmann has 44 goals in his last 70 league games.
Neymar has 40 goals in his last 70 league games.
Benzema has 32 goals in his last 70 league games.

You posted all that just to promote Harry Kane?

You posted all that just to promote Harry Kane?

and the only one who wont be in the knockout stages of the CL!

i hope leicester dont cop a drubbing tomorrow morning, would love to see them get a win first up...

any of you guys happen to catch the utd v city match? guardiola has done wonders already. they were utterly manic with and without the ball in the first 40 minutes. a mate of mine who doesnt have a EPL team, la liga follower as he was born in madrid, has been raving about guardiola for months. followed the teams he has coached quite closely. now i see what he was on about...

i dont see it anymore :s

city look teeeeerrible. i thought they were a shot at winning the CL after their first 6 weeks.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back