Traded Josh Caddy [traded to Richmond with pick 56 for picks 24 and 64]

Remove this Banner Ad

As a neutral, I don't agree. 24 pretty close to bang on in a good draft.

Its a good pick but if you have already traded out a first rounder and the rules say you need to trade another one in this year or next to replace it then you are not going to trade a first 22 player for 24. In this case the difference between 15 and 24 matters to Geelong and given he is contracted for 2 more years they can insist on it.

FWIW I think it will get done pretty amicably between the three clubs if it does get done.

It will be 15 and Geelong will probably downgrade some of their 3rd rounders to give GWS points back (without 15 they will need some for academy bids). Without 15 involved Geelong will keep him given his contract status.
LOL Caddy is not worth 15....
If the Cats want 15 we dont want Caddy.
24 is spot on in a good draft.

LOL Caddy is not worth 15....
If the Cats want 15 we dont want Caddy.
24 is spot on in a good draft.

For the reasons mentioned 24 won't be accepted. Geelong have no need to do any deal for Caddy so they won't without 15 involved.

Its a good pick but if you have already traded out a first rounder and the rules say you need to trade another one in this year or next to replace it then you are not going to trade a first 22 player for 24. In this case the difference between 15 and 24 matters to Geelong and given he is contracted for 2 more years they can insist on it.

FWIW I think it will get done pretty amicably between the three clubs if it does get done.
I understand what you're saying about why you want a first round pick - as a Pies fan I identify with it entirely as we're in the same boat. But that doesn't mean anyone is going to be interested in helping you fix you're problem, as we also found out.

The Tigers would be fools to pay 15 for him.

I love how these cats fans think it's our problem they've thrown away to many future draft picks so we have to make up the shortfall for them. You aren't getting pick 15, have 24 and enjoy fatlop for a couple more years on the books.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

For the reasons mentioned 24 won't be accepted. Geelong have no need to do any deal for Caddy so they won't without 15 involved.

If Quayle is as accurate with her Caddy report tonight as she was with her Prestia report last night it will be pick 24.

Geelong made their bed re the round 1 picks, its not Richmonds problem. We will take picks to draft. Not saying we won't give 15, but will be very surprised.
Good player Caddy, won't kill you to keep him.

Well maybe you should have just accepted lids for caddy.. seems stupid to hand over potentially 15 for caddy after lids leaves to a different club. You couldve traded that future first for lids.

We shouldnt pay you a first rounder thats overs becuase you asked the afl if you can trade next years.. that gamble should be on the cats only.

24 is pretty fair for a guy that hasnt kicked on and that has to play hff because you got danger

Well maybe you should have just accepted lids for caddy.. seems stupid to hand over potentially 15 for caddy after lids leaves to a different club. You couldve traded that future first for lids.

We shouldnt pay you a first rounder thats overs becuase you asked the afl if you can trade next years.. that gamble should be on the cats only.

24 is pretty fair for a guy that hasnt kicked on and that has to play hff because you got danger

To be honest (and I don't expect you will agree) I would much prefer pick 15 to a 29yo with the injury risks Deledio carries. If we end up getting 15 we will send GWS a big thankyou Christmas card for taking Deledio. It's important to remember it was always Deledio chasing Geelong not the other way around.

Geelong made their bed re the round 1 picks, its not Richmonds problem. We will take picks to draft. Not saying we won't give 15, but will be very surprised.
Good player Caddy, won't kill you to keep him.

I am pretty confident we won't trade Caddy tomorrow unless pick 15 goes back in our pocket and I will be happy to admit I was wrong if we don't. Can't be fairer than that.

To be honest (and I don't expect you will agree) I would much prefer pick 15 to a 29yo with the injury risks Deledio carries. If we end up getting 15 we will send GWS a big thankyou Christmas card for taking Deledio. It's important to remember it was always Deledio chasing Geelong not the other way around.
annnnddddd....his gone.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I understand what you're saying about why you want a first round pick - as a Pies fan I identify with it entirely as we're in the same boat. But that doesn't mean anyone is going to be interested in helping you fix you're problem, as we also found out.

The Tigers would be fools to pay 15 for him.

Doesn't really change the fact that there's no impulse on Geelong to do the trade though and Richmond know that. Geelong can just on their hands until 2pm tomorrow and do nothing with Caddy which I think it the most likely outcome. As you say Richmond probably won't offer enough for us to do otherwise.

I get where you are coming. Clearly those in charge at the cats think its their time right now. Lids wouldve helped you there imo. But yes pick 15 for the future would be smarter.

Who chased who means very little imo. We are now chasing caddy i guess. 15 is clearly overs and presumably the club would think as much given the news reports.

Edit: unless as wells said caddy asks to leave.. 24 and freeing up some cap space is handy given the midfield depth in the draft

Its funny this one Caddy not worth 15.. etc. Cats wanted Lids plus pick 27 yesterday.. Straight swap was hoped for but now with 15 us Tigers fans want to keep it............ Its Hilarious, cant keep up.. I think cats fans on here though are missing one point.. You are trying to value Caddy on what we get for Lids, based on us originally being happy for a swap. Fair enough. But im pretty confident we are only getting such a high pick because we are supposedly paying shitloads of his salary. If he is going it will be a second rounder.

In all seriousness, Brett Deledio is a genuine elite player and yes he's only got a couple of years left, but if you put him with Dangerfield and Selwood, Geelong will challenge.

I genuinely think Caddy is worth the price and it's a win/win trade in a direct swap, but Geelong are getting greedy and it will cost them the flag.

GWS are in the same boat, but they're prepared to offer up Pick 13 (or 15) to try and win the premiership.

If GWS + Deledio win the flag next year, I'll be happy to watch that happen, and I'll privately have a little snicker at Geelong.

If we gave pick 15 to Cats for Caddy ,add what we pay GWS for Deledio to the salary Caddy will be getting. So Caddy now costs us a pick 15 and over a million in salary 2017.. Bet him get him now before his price goes up again lol

Wait, wait, wait... I thought Selwood, the captain of Geelong said Caddy isn't leaving... He clearly knows right?
Fast forward 24 hours - Emma Quayle who nailed the Prestia trade down to the exact detail says both clubs negotiating between picks 24 and 27.

This is awkward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Would you prefer pick 27 to Deledio?

Personally yes but we won't deal Caddy for that.

I just tend to think with the significant injury risks that Deledio has the only club that can afford to risk a top 30 pick and a fair bit of money on him is GWS so I think it will be good for everyone if it works out that way.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back