Scape Goat G&GF Coach

Remove this Banner Ad

Yes. Coaches are supposed to develop talented players

Morton's strengths are: his height and he has reasonable (but not elite) skills
His weaknesses are: Not hard at the ball, low on confidence, low strength, not fast, crumbles under pressure, doesn't try

Maybe he just isn't that talented? Happens to a lot of high draft picks believe it or not. For whatever reason they can't translate their under 18 form into the elite AFL level.

All the information coming in about Gysberts, Martin and Morton suggests that they had to go. They were ordinary on-field and even worse off. Why we're debating over why we didn't get better deals for these overrated players i'll never know.

Dawes, Pedo, Rodan, and Byrnes are all in our best 22 if fit and will give 100%, and you can be assured that the players we bring in at 49 & 53 will have the right attitude as well. I don't want to come off as blindly backing Neeld, but I do believe in his vision and the quality of our football department. He's changing the culture of this club from hairy-fairy softness to one of hard nosed professionalism, and why this thread even exists after only 12 months of a 3 year stint is beyond comprehension to me.

I want Royal and Rawlings gone first, especially Royal. Can't understand how he's survived all the culls over the years and is now in charge of our flipping midfield. :eek: I mean Neeld should probably go because of his awful assistant coach appointments, his ridiculously awful recruiting strategy last November and his poor team selection and gameday nous. That being said can't see it happening this early and i honestly don't see the point in sacking him now.

Sorry to bump another thread, but who's on board now?

Want some serious discussion.

There is a whole thirteen page thread on the front page of our board. Why bump these just to show the egg on face?

Absolutely not, it's far too early for mine

Well said Comrade :thumbsu:

Why bump these just to show the egg on face?

It's part of our steez. Our style, our steelo, our idiom. Call it what you will...

XZ0EtY.gif

Frankly, I'm ambivalent at this point, except to say that whatever happens from here, I definitely don't want us ending another season in caretaker mode. I think he should have the rest of the year and then have it be assessed as to whether he stays on or not.

I have no opinion yet on whether he's any more than a good assistant but unless the next 4-6 weeks continue as the first two then I hope he makes it through the season. Ideally, I hope he turns us around to being competitive and winning games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To sack Neeld now would be an act of panic , and would allow the players to get away with the last 2 performances . Its almost as if mentally they have sprinted to the start line and are rooted . We will see this weekend who has the stomach for a fight (and i don't mean a brawl ) and who is kidding themselves .

Last year the club chose the coach over the players. They are going to have to decide if they are willing to make that decision again, very soon. Hopefully he gets the boot, Clark is the single positive he has added to the club.

Surely Neeld must have SOME idea. As you said, he landed Clark. He also landed Dawes, who could be anything yet. You never know. He also got us Jesse Hogan, and we all know how we feel about that one leading into 2014!

At only his second year at the helm, he cannot yet be held accountable. Imo. We hired him for a reason, and for whatever vision he has for this football club, it was good enough to convince Clark to change his mind. And it was good enough for him to convince our board at hiring him above all others. We gotta let it play out. Gotta let him do the job he was hired to do.

We hired him for a reason, and for whatever vision he has for this football club, it was good enough to convince Clark to change his mind.
$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I really do not want to believe that. I'd like to believe that Clark's above that. He seems to care about the club in general from everything I've seen thus far. I won't believe he only came for the coin until it's proven to be true. Innocent until proven guilty. (just as Sammy Newman would say) ;)

I really do not want to believe that. I'd like to believe that Clark's above that. He seems to care about the club in general from everything I've seen thus far. I won't believe he only came for the coin until it's proven to be true. Innocent until proven guilty. (just as Sammy Newman would say) ;)
He certainly came for the money, but I think Jim had a profound impact on him from the start and he's really become a Demon. Love him.

To sack Neeld now would be an act of panic , and would allow the players to get away with the last 2 performances . Its almost as if mentally they have sprinted to the start line and are rooted . We will see this weekend who has the stomach for a fight (and i don't mean a brawl ) and who is kidding themselves .

Agree 100% - the players are the ones who are accountable right now. They need to lift their performance before we can see if Neeld's vision and plan will work

He certainly came for the money, but I think Jim had a profound impact on him from the start and he's really become a Demon. Love him.

There's more to it than just money

Anyone who knows anything about science and experiments knows that you only change one variable at a time so the results can be properly isolated.
We need to take some time to fully understand what impact Schwab's departure has on the club and particularly the footy department. Let's see what Neeld can do to turn things around without all that hanging over his head. If he pulls through the other side he'll be that much better when the good times do come.
Back the decision we made and honour the three year contract we gave him to turn things around.

Not a science experiment.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back