Traded Jake Stringer (#973)

Remove this Banner Ad

LOL! He won't be able to catch him! Tappy will fix him up!

Toumpas will be running away from the contest then if Stringer doesn't hunt him down!

I do agree with Fronk - we shouldn't expect too much in 2013. From draft hopeful to demigod in 24 hours.
Would be better if we could just let him develop at his own pace.

All is good now. The troll has been sent packing. Let's get back to basking in the glory of Stringer :thumbsu:

Reminds me of this:

Adios...Mother.....*er

With Igloo playing the american fighter jet

I do agree with Fronk - we shouldn't expect too much in 2013. From draft hopeful to demigod in 24 hours.
Would be better if we could just let him develop at his own pace.

This is bigfooty. We're not going to stunt his development by fapping over him.

Let us do this.

The club has no problems talking them up
http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/default.aspx?newsid=151670

THE REBIRTH of the Western Bulldogs has begun, with the club believing each of its top three draft selections boast the makings of greatness.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/newsarticle/tabid/208/newsid/151506/default.aspx

Dogs recruiting manager Simon Dalrymple has revealed that Jake Stringer (the No.5 pick) has the potential to be a versatile forward-midfielder in the mould of Adam Goodes and Matthew Pavlich, classy left-footed midfielder Jackson Macrae (No.6) has similar poise to Scott Pendlebury, while diminutive onballer Nathan Hrovat (No.21) shares traits with Sam Mitchell.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am the patient sort of supporter, but I actually think Stringer could play a decent number of games this year IF MC WANTS HIM TO.

I emphasise that last bit because I don't think it would be a good idea.

My logic is this: Yes, he will be extremely short of a gallop all year. But he has a massive body. He is exactly the kind of unit who could sit deep in the goal square even when not having much of a tank. I could also see him busting up some packs to make the Forward line's job a lot easier.

But I think using him as a battering ram at 18 is not a good idea at all. While I think he'll be ready for gametime, I hope they hold him back till he's ready to burst. Same with MacRae. For me, those guys are all about 2014 and beyond. Hrovat strikes me as more ready to go though.

Extremely happy to grab him, wish him all the best. I also wish the twit using the video camera for the interview with him on the dogs website learns how to focus a camera. Back focused much... >:/

By the way, this might be a ridiculous thing to say, cause the two players are so completely different.... but there is something about the way Stringer carries himself on and off the field that reminds me of Luke Hodge.

I only hope that I'm saying the same thing in 5 years time.

By the way, this might be a ridiculous thing to say, cause the two players are so completely different.... but there is something about the way Stringer carries himself on and off the field that reminds me of Luke Hodge.

When he captains us to our second premiership (of a trifecta) against GC? (the first and third will, of course, be won over GWS)

I hope in 5 years time you are saying that there is something about the way that Hodge used to carry himself that reminds you of Jake Stringer.

603945_10151271867237487_851030081_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back