KDFL - 2012

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well it seems like a pretty simple equation for Murchison and Avenel. If Murchison win it's finals time; if not, hope that Avenel don't beat Nagambie.

Also I hear that Whelan broke the human blimp's goal kicking record by 1, is that true?

Yes 152 to 151, and he should get the statewide trophy as well (unless the bloke from the Bendigo League Weekes ? kicks 12 or something), but in any case it's a record that should stand for a long time.

Rushy vs. Murch, I reckon rushy should be keen to win this because if I were them facing Avenel is a better outcome than facing Murch, there was only a point seperating the two sides the last time they played, and although murch has improved a lot since Round 8, the smaller ground and the fact that murch rarely play well at rushy will just be enough to see them potentially face Avenel next week (although I hope like hell that I'm wrong or that this does happen and Nagambie produce the unexpected).

Avenel should kock off Nagambie for the simple reason that Nagambie have nothing to play for, and Avenel it's a case of all or nothing, they like Murch have had some good results, some heartbreakers as well (losing to a point against Murch at home after leading all day would have to be the main one), and the big loss to Merrigum.

Merrigum I think will beat Lancaster for the first time in a long time to finish thier season at 9-9, which is a magnificent effort all things considered (but maybe if they got those 3 blokes from HM DHURRINGILE a bit earlier, it may have been different ?), and should set up a finals tilt for the doggies in 2013.

Longwood I think will do the double against Ardmona by inflicting the Bushcats a winless season in the seniors and the Legs two's an oppotunity to sing the club song for the first time in 2012, and for some reason this is the game that ONEFM has decided to broadcast o_O, you would think that the RUSHWORTH & MURCHISON game would be a better contest but I'm sure that Longwood will be good hosts to the radio crew.

Tallygaroopna should beat Girgarre to finish thier season 9-9, and wonder what if ?, but it'll be interesting to see what will transpire at Tally in the coming months.

Undera should beat Stanhope to prepare themselves for a tilt at Nagambie next week, as Undera go onto bigger things for 2012, Stanhope has 2013 to think about and I'm sure that this year will be but a blip on the radar for the club, as they prepare to be the kings of the KDFL jungle once more.

TO THOSE WHO ARE PLAYING THIER LAST GAMES THIS SEASON GOOD LUCK IN 2013, AND FOR THOSE LUCKY ENOUGH TO MAKE FINALS, THIS IS WHERE THE GOOD STUFF STARTS :).

Yes 152 to 151, and he should get the statewide trophy as well (unless the bloke from the Bendigo League Weekes ? kicks 12 or something), but in any case it's a record that should stand for a long time.

Rushy vs. Murch, I reckon rushy should be keen to win this because if I were them facing Avenel is a better outcome than facing Murch, there was only a point seperating the two sides the last time they played, and although murch has improved a lot since Round 8, the smaller ground and the fact that murch rarely play well at rushy will just be enough to see them potentially face Avenel next week (although I hope like hell that I'm wrong or that this does happen and Nagambie produce the unexpected).

Avenel should kock off Nagambie for the simple reason that Nagambie have nothing to play for, and Avenel it's a case of all or nothing, they like Murch have had some good results, some heartbreakers as well (losing to a point against Murch at home after leading all day would have to be the main one), and the big loss to Merrigum.

Merrigum I think will beat Lancaster for the first time in a long time to finish thier season at 9-9, which is a magnificent effort all things considered (but maybe if they got those 3 blokes from HM DHURRINGILE a bit earlier, it may have been different ?), and should set up a finals tilt for the doggies in 2013.

Longwood I think will do the double against Ardmona by inflicting the Bushcats a winless season in the seniors and the Legs two's an oppotunity to sing the club song for the first time in 2012, and for some reason this is the game that ONEFM has decided to broadcast o_O, you would think that the RUSHWORTH & MURCHISON game would be a better contest but I'm sure that Longwood will be good hosts to the radio crew.

Tallygaroopna should beat Girgarre to finish thier season 9-9, and wonder what if ?, but it'll be interesting to see what will transpire at Tally in the coming months.

Undera should beat Stanhope to prepare themselves for a tilt at Nagambie next week, as Undera go onto bigger things for 2012, Stanhope has 2013 to think about and I'm sure that this year will be but a blip on the radar for the club, as they prepare to be the kings of the KDFL jungle once more.

TO THOSE WHO ARE PLAYING THIER LAST GAMES THIS SEASON GOOD LUCK IN 2013, AND FOR THOSE LUCKY ENOUGH TO MAKE FINALS, THIS IS WHERE THE GOOD STUFF STARTS :).
Don't know about king of the jungle I am told there are huge rumblings and a few noses out of joint in egoland

Don't know about king of the jungle I am told there are huge rumblings and a few noses out of joint in egoland
Read the local paper down your way today and was surprised by a statement in the Troy Auld story that said he took a break from the sport this year. Is this correct I am sure I read in another newspaper that he was coaching Hepburn but was sacked mid year?

I haven't been around the club in the past 48 hours so I couldn't comment on what the feeling is, whatever way the club went I am sure there would have been certain people wanting them to go the other way. I am obviously disappointed I didn't get the opportunity, but we move on. I know Troy will do a great job and can see with the position the club is in, why they went with him, he will not only do a good job Coaching the club but will put things in place for the club to be able to raise enough funds to challenge the likes of Violet Town in years to come. So I think the off field work that he will have proposed was probably the point of difference.

I haven't been around the club in the past 48 hours so I couldn't comment on what the feeling is, whatever way the club went I am sure there would have been certain people wanting them to go the other way. I am obviously disappointed I didn't get the opportunity, but we move on. I know Troy will do a great job and can see with the position the club is in, why they went with him, he will not only do a good job Coaching the club but will put things in place for the club to be able to raise enough funds to challenge the likes of Violet Town in years to come. So I think the off field work that he will have proposed was probably the point of difference.

If only all clubs had such a luxury of two quality blokes keen on the main job. Good poker face by the Chalkster, I was with him Sunday and he wasn't giving anything up. Hank is a highly respected football person up your way and now he's shown his hand that there's an eagernees to coach again, any of you mobs in need of a main man would be foolish not to make him a priority phone call.

Best wishes to both Troy and Hank :thumbsu:

Shows a lot of character coming out the way that you have after missing out. I have never met you but must say that I respect you for the way you have handled yourself. Good luck with whatever happens for you next season:thumbsu:

It shows that the Stanhope job is a very good job if two very good coaches want it (I can imagine what a tough decision it must have been for the executive, because you're both got strong credentials), but it's great that you've wished Troy Auld well for 2013, and I'm sure that there will be a few clubs that'll at least get in contact with you in the coming weeks.

Who else in the KDFL is looking for coaches in 2013 ?, Stanhope, Murchison, Merrigum & Girgarre's jobs have already been filled, but what other clubs are on the hunt ?.

Reeves continuing at Murchison in 2013.

That's good :) (That's been two good news stories for the club in a month, that and we're getting upgraded netball courts for 2013), Reeva's done a lot of good things around the club (new jumper design, new training drills, and a new outlook around the club), and he's got a good crew around him, although the club has improved a lot this year, a lot of other clubs have improved a lot as well, so let's hope that Murch improves a little bit more than everyone else in 2013 :).

Read the local paper down your way today and was surprised by a statement in the Troy Auld story that said he took a break from the sport this year. Is this correct I am sure I read in another newspaper that he was coaching Hepburn but was sacked mid year?
Yes He was Sacked mid way during the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Correct blackout, whelan is the new league record holder with most goals in a match & most goals in a season. You'd think Rushy & murch will play each other 2 weeks in a row.. They'll hopefully have appointed their new coach in the next week or 2.

if you're talking about rushy trevor, it will be a little longer than that. yes we have a few blokes in mind but have also advertised in the local papers and will wait and see what comes of that. so dont expect an announcement before KDFL grand final

Yes He was Sacked mid way during the year.
For accurate summation of Chalk's so said 'sacking', get onto www.********************** as it should clear a few things up that there was a fair bit more to it than Just him getting sacked.

On a more positive note, great to see the Mainland having such a great selection of 'people' to choose their coaches from.

any news on ardmona and there future plans are they likely to improve next year or is this the end of the bushcats? what about tally is dickinson staying on

Home & away is all done and dusted, and following the trend of what's been a very competitive season for the sides 2-10, Stanhope smacked 2nd placed undera by 13 goals (who I believe were celebrating their 125th anniversary..). Aynsley kicked 10 & chalk will be hoping to convince him to stay in 2013.

Rushy kicked themselves out of it again & take on murch next week in a knock out final. Pretty sure they're injury free so won't write them off for next week. On present form can't see anyone getting close to the towners.

Given its been the year of the record (whelan most goals in a game & in a year, Rushy highest score in a game), I'm predicting VT to go through & win the big one by a record margin, with whelan to kick the most goals in a GF (which I think currently stands at the 10 Damien yze kicked in '02).

looks like gavin gleadhill ex nagambie and undera reserve coach will be coaching ardmona seniors 2013
Has his work cut out for him but all the best to him anyway.Did this years coach of Ardy quit or did he get the flick?

Is anyone interested in trying to put together a KDFL side of the year..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back