Usage for hash tag: VICBIAS

1. P

Taylor Swift

...in a video shared by a fan on the social media site X. “Those are all the biggest shows I’ve ever played on a tour and you did it three times.” She continued, adding, “The math is that it’s 288,000 people in three nights. Melbourne, you are the love of my life.” Melbum rulz...
  2. Snuffaluphagus

News AFL to overhaul the draft, discuss changes to Academy and FS bid matching

...eyes reading our convo All good, we have fundamental difference in opinion on the level disadvantages certain clubs face but both agree on #VICBIAS. It's all redundant anyway and I'm not fussed so long as they make teams pay reasonable prices for players bids which is currently at comical...
  3. Makeshift Park

Opinion 2024 Player X vs Y vs Z

...both barely played 30 games in three seasons, and both represent low-cost high-reward potential, I would have thought it would be closer. Is it #VICBIAS? Or that there's only ~$10k difference between H Reid and Zilliams, while Fyfe is around $70k more? Or is there something else I'm missing?
  4. Snuffaluphagus

Resource Non-AFL General Chat

I tell you what, there's some good old fashion #VICBIAS on JFM in the cricket. Bloke hits a 40 chasing a total of 80 and you'd think he's the second coming of Ponting
  5. C

Banter Who will be better in 2024? Carlton or Collingwood?

...clubs have definitely chosen survival over fairness. Port get triple shafted. Non Vic (the sheer number of Vic clubs is the basis of #VICBIAS, plus the MCG deal), not a keystone club for the TV deal, and not really rhe supporter base to attract opposition requests to play or big marquee...
  6. tiger_tough

Scandal Jack Ziebell coward punched

#VICBIAS
  7. C

First 23 in 2024

...enough and you'll go be fully tested before crunch time (we had the hardest draw in 23, but with so many games at the G that's softened). #VICBIAS will see some Melbourne clubs contest (us or Melbourne maybe?) but if list composition matters (and I think it really does) you and Port look...
  8. Kobe Gryant

News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

Yep, in all truth, it's never really been #VICBIAS, it's really just #BIG4BIAS, although it's not nearly as catchy for the masses. The Dogs, Norf, & St Kilda are all in a similar boat when it comes to finals, as all would prefer to play at Marvel if it was up to them, which is in a way similar...
  9. Kobe Gryant

News GMHBA Stadium Stage 5 Redevelopment

...front of at best a 60/40 split of their own supporters, and book a home prelim 2 weeks later. .....and yet we're somehow the ones getting favourable treatment? We're a unique case where we're a Vic club, but we're actually closer to the interstate clubs belief in terms of the #VICBIAS ideology.
  10. C

Most underachieving teams?

...side. I think Port often (always?) finished higher on the ladder in those years 02-04? Which given you were both battling even more severe #VICBIAS than now was pretty good by both sides. My overall view is Port should have made those GFs rather than my courageous but somewhat fortunate...
  11. C

How have the Swans continually escaped critique and criticism for their lack of success in the VFL/AFL?

...some of that, the AFL set them up in a ridiculously weak position and they toiled to make finals under their own steam with a much worse #VICBIAS than these days. They did it, they built a finals side. Then Fitzroy goes bust and the geniuses at AFL House decided Brisbane had to wear Fitzroy's...
  12. Lore

Oppo Camp Non-Essendon Football Thread XVII

...report on the radio this morning 1. Police are in a pay dispute with the state government and will be flashing us for speed cameras 2. Port Adelaide are withdrawing from the SANFL after 150 years and applying to join the VFL instead #VICBIAS I checked, it’s the 4th of December… not April...
  13. Ambrose Burnside

List Mgmt. Trade & Draft Discussion 2023 post season - Picks Reid,30,40,49,66 (Bush league)

Agree with this, #VICBIAS definitely skews that way, but what amuses me is whenever the conversation comes up, supporters of the Vic minnow clubs jump up and down with the same "YoU jOiNeD oUr CoMp" bullshit like a schoolkid hoping that by parroting the same line, the bullies don't beat him up...
  14. Tulip

Opinion Pick 6* – who do you want?

Good for him for saying it in advance, though I daresay it'll be quickly forgotten in the #VICBIAS discussions. Imagine West Coast will be thinking about trading out of next year's first round now.
  15. B

Opinion VICBias - Genuine Discussion

Dogs and Carlton played the gather round v the adelaide teams last year. Now it's Bombers and Dees. So 4 out of 4 for Vic teams. And yet he still manages to find a #VICBIAS complaint about it.
  16. FrustratedTiger

NO TROLLS Western Bulldogs rocked by historical child sexual abuse scandal

...extent for the actions of what was essentially a 1970s/80s community era club run. I don't know what the answer is though. The interstate lobby will be busting out the #VICBIAS bullshit if the league pay the fine and it really isn't the responsibility of the other clubs. Feel for the Doggies here
  17. The 747

There is no actual desire from the #VICBIAS crew to come up with solutions. They are happy feeling like victims and complaining about it.
  18. The 747

Deakin is a Victorian university so #VICBIAS posters couldn't be relying on #vicbiased information now? :think: Worth noting that 2/3rds of the On the Couch panel are not Victorian and the one Victorian spent his career playing for Brisbane. There are 10 Victorian clubs out of 18 so the study...
  19. Chipmunk

Werewolf Chess Werewolf 4 - Pawn to be Wild (GAME OVER - CHESS HATER WINS)

Daylight Savings in the UK this weekend so I’ll be 11 hours behind #v#VICBIASime then
  20. Tom14

List Mgmt. 2023 Trade & List Management discussion

At absolute most, if you want to claim that playing Gunston cost us 2 wins (laughable), we lost out on being able to whinge about #VICBIAS in terms of the grand final venue - with collingwood being minor premiers we didn't have that.
  21. drcollossimo

Traded Esava Ratugolea [Traded to Port Adelaide for #25, #76 and #94]

Nothing and btw your #VICBIAS is showing
  22. KinderSmock

List Mgmt. COLLINGWOOD Trade and F/A Discussion 2023

HOW DARE HE DO SOMETHING COMPLETELY NORMAL THAT FAVOURS COLLINGWOOD. HE IS A WICKED, EVIL PLAYER. #VICBIAS.
  23. go_the_dockers

The afl is vic centric. 95% of officials are based there. Why would Victorians want the grand final any where else. #VICBIAS
  24. NetworkNerd

Can Port win a premiership under Ken Hinkley?

Done for this Hinkley era. Lost finals to two interstate sides including one at home so can't even claim #VICBIAS Port are a proud club and have been competitive for the past 11 seasons with no GF to show for it. Time for fresh Carr meat
  25. Madas

Mega Thread West Coast Rebuild and Other Lolz - Part 2

#VICBIAS is real But yeah, couldn’t agree more Screw the Coker’s .
  26. Chronz

Mega Thread West Coast Rebuild and Other Lolz - Part 2

Looks like another spoon for the cokers next year. They can use it to shovel their supporters tears over the #VICBIAS cope. 2010 spoon, pies premiers 2023 spoon, pies premiers Long may they reign at the bottom.
  27. Chronz

What are you gonna do with your spoon Eagles?

Shoveling their supporters tears on the #VICBIAS issue.
Back