Teams Your 2014 SC team Ver. 3.0 (During Nab)

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Woah!

My head hurts too after looking at that layout! LOL!

Great team dude, I really like it.

You have some P.O.D's too which make your team different enough from others IMO.

Rockliff selection is awesome I reckon and another really good P.O.D. I wish I could fit him in but my Carlton bias can't go past the underpriced value of Murphy. :p

My only real suggestion is maybe swap Billings to F6 and trade out Garlett to maybe Tyson in your mids as I'm skeptical on Garlett playing round 1.

Impressive team though and forward line bats deep! :thumbsu:

PS.

Took your advice and now have Billings at F6.

Have gone back to Mitchell, McVeigh and Bartel now in the backs with Suckling at D4 but dropped KK and moved McDonald and Fuller back to D5 and D6.

This is all providing a decent D7 and D8 present themselves for round 1. If not I might go for a combo of above backs and the ones I just had before. LOL!

Man I have a headache just thinking about all the different combinations, its doing my head in! :eek:

Cheers bud.

I know what you mean. Rd1 can't get here fast enough. Just need to step away for awhile and revisit this after the NAB.

I figured you might go back to your premo backs :)

I'd be actively looking for players other than M Crouch. AFC tends to give 1st year players 2 to 4 games in his debut year. Possibly a down grade target later in the year. Seems to be ball magnet and training well. A lot of us Bigfooty Crowbots think he will pass Lyons this season but Lyons is not a regular in the side.

Looks like he'll play NAB round 1 so it will be interesting to see if he is a ball supermagnet in a game situation.

I know all rookies are place fillers, but at this stage I'm trying to put the likely to play higher on the watch list.

Sent from my GT-I9295 using Tapatalk

Current team, have not posted one for a while.

Only line I am not completely happy with is DEF at D5 D6, but NAB will decide this for sure.

Nice team. Really like that midfield structure, going with something very similar.
Forwards are very very strong but i worry about the possibility of doughnuts down back.
At the moment we could be light on backline rookies, lets hope a couple bob up in the NAB.
Would be very very wary of that ruck set up, HUGE risk but HUGE reward if they both play well and play often.
Not sure i will have the balls to roll with it.

Current team, have not posted one for a while.

Only line I am not completely happy with is DEF at D5 D6, but NAB will decide this for sure.

Overall Nice team..

Backs: Personally think all back lines should be built around McVeigh and Mitchell, really don't like that Walker and Bartel look like being used up forward, think it will affect their scoring. Shaw is an interesting one, hopefully being VC will drive him to take his game to another level and keep his shit together on field.

Mids: Cotchin and Kennedy are good selections and haven't been seen in many teams, both underperformed last year on what they are capable of. Would love to squeeze Kennedy in my team.

Rucks: Rocking the same combo. Lobbe's a lock for me with Redden out, his finish to the year showed he really matured scoring 84, 154, 100, 127, 79, 118, 105. All against decent opposition too apart from GC.

Forwards: Like it all except the Caddy selection. What are your thoughts on what he could average this year? He was only subbed in 4 games out of 16 which would lift his average slightly. If you don't think he could average 80+ personally don't think he is worth the cash.

and of course emergency spots will sort themselves out over the next 18 days.

This one is my actual team at the moment... averaging at least about two changes per day so it will be completely different in two weeks!

upload_2014-2-11_23-29-11.png

Hopefully only 7-8 upgrades required (0-1 ruck/fwd, 5 mids and 2 backs), good balance of bye-round players, but maybe too many 400kers?

Overall Nice team..

Backs: Personally think all back lines should be built around McVeigh and Mitchell, really don't like that Walker and Bartel look like being used up forward, think it will affect their scoring. Shaw is an interesting one, hopefully being VC will drive him to take his game to another level and keep his shit together on field.

Mids: Cotchin and Kennedy are good selections and haven't been seen in many teams, both underperformed last year on what they are capable of. Would love to squeeze Kennedy in my team.

Rucks: Rocking the same combo. Lobbe's a lock for me with Redden out, his finish to the year showed he really matured scoring 84, 154, 100, 127, 79, 118, 105. All against decent opposition too apart from GC.

Forwards: Like it all except the Caddy selection. What are your thoughts on what he could average this year? He was only subbed in 4 games out of 16 which would lift his average slightly. If you don't think he could average 80+ personally don't think he is worth the cash.

I have high hope for Shaw at GWS. I think he will take his game to a new level. He may even get more of a midfield role, and they will definitely be looking for him as they release from Defence. Will see how things go though, he's not locked in yet.

Yea I rate Kennedy and Cotchin very highly, what makes it better is they appear to be POD's which I cannot believe!

Caddy has been touted for a lot more midfield time. I am hoping for an 85 average. I have always rated him very highly, he just needed time. Again he is not locked in stone, will wait and see how things go with him. If Mitch Clark is fit could easily downgrade to him and spend the cash elsewhere. All part of the waiting game until round 1 starts.

Overall Nice team..

Nice team. Only thing is rookies like tyson.martin. if there named round 1 can u squeeze a little cash to get them

Nice team. Only thing is rookies like tyson.martin. if there named round 1 can u squeeze a little cash to get them
Yup certainly can, have about 100k up my sleeve ready to alter this.

Nice team. Really like that midfield structure, going with something very similar.
Forwards are very very strong but i worry about the possibility of doughnuts down back.
At the moment we could be light on backline rookies, lets hope a couple bob up in the NAB.
Would be very very wary of that ruck set up, HUGE risk but HUGE reward if they both play well and play often.
Not sure i will have the balls to roll with it.
Cheers.
Dixon (F5) is a backup ruck in case of emergency.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm not sure about Murphy and the tag this year. Do you guys think he will be able to break after struggling last year?

supercoach.jpg

Thoughts on this team?

Only questions I have are whether to downgrade Birchall to KK and then use that money on Grundy and Clark, but worried about having 2 rookies and Suckling in the backline.

Clark could also become Lamb/Billings/Fasolo/Bock

Also looking at Rockliff over Fyfe.

Haven't payed too much attention to rookies on bench, obviously waiting for NAB to start.

Interesting to see none of walker/bartel/Mitchell/Mcveigh amongst the backs. What's your thoughts on them jiska? Obviously believe you can pick them up cheaper down the track without leaking too much/if any points?
Pretty much. Personally I think they are over-priced, or at least at their maximum price, will look at getting them down the track, depending on how they perform. I opted to take a premo ruck instead of the Sandi/McIntosh combo that most have gone for to offset the high priced backs.

Pretty much. Personally I think they are over-priced, or at least at their maximum price, will look at getting them down the track, depending on how they perform. I opted to take a premo ruck instead of the Sandi/McIntosh combo that most have gone for to offset the high priced backs.
I like your thinking. I have 3 of those 4 expensive backs along with H.Shaw and have gone with the HMac/Sandi ruck combo. To be honest I don't have a lot of faith in HMac being a set and forget ruck and would like to get the likes of Nic Nat/Mummy or even Lobbe into my setup but don't have the available funds. I could get rid of 1 or 2 expensive backs but I'm not sold on much of the cheaper options. I like Hanley but could well get tagged and if memory serves me correct when he copped it last year his scores were average, or was that injury related? Suckling concerns me at the moment as I'm not sure what his role or scoring ability will be like coming of a knee

Really not a fan of that backline at all. So many question marks, and inconsistency from those players. Some weeks it may do you okay, but honestly you will struggle from week to week getting them all consistently scoring well together. I think you will have some absolutely shocking scores occasionally from your back 6. We have been given a gift of having McVeigh and Mitchell in the backs this year. Just like previous years where Goddard is a lock in all sides, they are the same this year. At the very least one of them is a bare minimum. You will drop so many points to the 90% of teams who do have them. It is not like your other lines look any stronger because of it either.

Last edited:
Really not a fan of that backline at all. So many question marks, and inconsistency from those players. Some weeks it may do you okay, but honestly you will struggle from week to week getting them all consistently scoring well together. I think you will have some absolutely shocking scores occasionally from your back 6. We have been given a gift of having McVeigh and Mitchell in the backs this year. Just like previous years where Goddard is a lock in all sides, they are the same this year. At the very least one of them is a bare minimum. You will drop so many points to the 90% of teams who do have them. It is not like your other lines look any stronger because of it either.
Rucks are. I got rid of Bartel and McVeigh to bring in Nic Nat. Alternatively, I reverse that and downgrade Nic Nat to a Hickey/Longer/Grundy and use the cash to upgrade Swallow and Hibbard.

Good to see someone trying a different strategy.
Personally, I'm just not sure you are getting bang for your buck with the cash you are using elsewhere. Gunstan, Caddy, Shaw, Sutcliffe???? Each are question marks for mine.

Good to see someone trying a different strategy.
Personally, I'm just not sure you are getting bang for your buck with the cash you are using elsewhere. Gunstan, Caddy, Shaw, Sutcliffe???? Each are question marks for mine.
I'm pretty confident with Sutcliffe. Toss up between Gray and Gunston but I think with Buddy gone Gunston will thrive. Plus, if you look at his history last year he was fairly consistent. Caddy best option >200k and <400k in the forward line for mine but yes, a risk. Shaw's also a risk, but taking him on pre-injury form.

Risks and PoDs are where you make it or break it. I've got plenty of trades to make corrections if needed. I'd prefer to have a go rather than have the same team as 200,000 other people and play it safe :)

I'm pretty confident with Sutcliffe. Toss up between Gray and Gunston but I think with Buddy gone Gunston will thrive. Plus, if you look at his history last year he was fairly consistent. Caddy best option >200k and <400k in the forward line for mine but yes, a risk. Shaw's also a risk, but taking him on pre-injury form.

Risks and PoDs are where you make it or break it. I've got plenty of trades to make corrections if needed. I'd prefer to have a go rather than have the same team as 200,000 other people and play it safe :)
A man of conviction. Nothing wrong with that.
If there was one change that I would make, it would be downgrade Gunstan, and use the cash to turn Shaw or Sutcliffe into one of Mitchell, McVeigh, Bartel. Take a look at how much stronger your side would look with just that one change. I think you have enough POD's and enough risk elsewhere that you don't need to take that one. Or alternatively, if you want to maintain the major POD and risk in the backline, just upgrade one of Shaw/Sutcliffe to Grimes. At least that way there are 4 potential keepers in the backline rather than just 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back