Autopsy You get what you deserve - vs GWS review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

To make matters worse, My budgie, Bert is mocking me today.

When we first got him we taught him how to sing the power theme song as a bit of a party trick.

This morning making breakfast there he was saying the 'never stop stop stop. til we're top top top' line over and over again while vigorously masturbating against his perch.

I kid you not. Won't be changing the smug basterd's shitty water today as punishment.

On other matters I did the usual September ritual of cancelling our Melbourne wotif accomm booking for GF weekend. I am nothing but an eternal optimist (while always get the free cancellation option of course).

No, I credit the players when they win and pot them when they lose.

The coach provides a gameplan and tools on how to win - the rest of up to the players. We had opportunities to win, but didn't take them. For me, that's on the players.

Yes, goalkicking is partly Kens responsibility, but he can't kick it for them. He's also not the skills coach. I'm well aware of Schulz offer, but we are already paying someone to do this job, and it would undermine them. We need an internal review, and whoever is responsible for our goal kicking needs to go. This is the nuance between the easy target of Ken vs a more micro view on the individual components in the coaching team etc.
Blaming the players is an easy target, the players don't have control of gameplan, strategy, playing list, in game changes and managing players during the season.

Jack Oatey (with all due respect to the late Ron Barassi) changed the game when he was coach of Sturt in the mid 1960's with attacking handball and precision kicking.

Got talking to an ex-maggie from the 60's surname Thiele (?) a few yrs ago and he'd run into a sturt player from that era.

Oatey told the Sturt players at the time that Ports H/B line was too strong, we're wasting our time kicking it long.

A high press was used to drag Ports defenders up the ground. Hit 'em on the rebound and if that doesn't work

handball in chains to break holes in their defence. Sturt were a very very good team back then and your right

Oatey DID change the game. Barrassi probably got the credit but it was Oatey with fast play-on footy, h/ball

and some real hard nuts in the guts like Shearman* and others.

* I saw him drop kick a goal to the Cathedral end from just forward of the centre circle that went not much higher

than a housing trust roof and *'en Endesbee (?) and his check side goals also to the Cathedral end.

Was living at the time not far from Unley Oval, tough time for me being a Port fan.

I can't bring myself to listen to the presser but if that's what he said then it just defies belief.

The club has made probably the worst decision ever by extending this guy. Why didn't we wait to the end of the season?

The only saving grace is that we lost this week instead of getting pounded next week.
To be honest I reckon you beat Collingwood.
They aren't that good.
Kick straight and we would have pants them

"People can say we had some injured players, or some blokes who were less than perfect – I can guarantee you that if some of the replacements were put out there, it would have been a much, much worse result."
- Ken Hinkley

Imagine being someone like a Francis Evans, Sam Hayes, Jackson Mead etc and hearing your coach telling the media if you had have played the team would have been smashed even harder than we were.
No matter if its true or not, that is a pathetic outlook and response from the so called leader of the club.
Translation: Look, I've played these guys into the ground to get enough wins by August for an extension. In doing so I haven't given our depth players enough AFL experience for us to be able to rely on them.
You can see how this is totally the fault of the players for having weak fleshy bodies and nothing to do with my player management.
Yes, Port are the only team that requires 40 individually brilliant players to be competitive come finals. Not sure there's anything to take from that.
So next question......
Yes, I will be taking Donna away somewhere nice for the end of September. We'll be staying at the West beach holiday park. I can't poo away from my own home so I'll drive back every day

That's also because premierships aren't easy to win - plenty of other clubs that have turned over coach after coach after coach for decades with no success as well.

Is far too simplistic to think changing the coach wins you a flag. I'd be flogging off a few assistants before Hinkley.

8DDCD5AC-250D-4520-A25D-AA94BB327874.jpeg

C3332784-7BFC-4D16-A3CF-CB3A17C8C41A.jpeg

Changing coaches isn’t necessarily a panacea (although it has been for numerous clubs), but neither is stubbornly clinging to the same busted flush.

Translation: Look, I've played these guys into the ground to get enough wins by August for an extension. In doing so I haven't given our depth players enough AFL experience for us to be able to rely on them.
You can see how this is totally the fault of the players for having weak fleshy bodies and nothing to do with my player management.
Yes, Port are the only team that requires 40 individually brilliant players to be competitive come finals. Not sure there's anything to take from that.
So next question......
Yes, I will be taking Donna away somewhere nice for the end of September. We'll be staying at the West beach holiday park. I can't poo away from my own home so I'll drive back every day

How injured must our key forwards have been to make him play Ollie Lord?

Got talking to an ex-maggie from the 60's surname Thiele (?) a few yrs ago and he'd run into a sturt player from that era.

Oatey told the Sturt players at the time that Ports H/B line was too strong, we're wasting our time kicking it long.

A high press was used to drag Ports defenders up the ground. Hit 'em on the rebound and if that doesn't work

handball in chains to break holes in their defence. Sturt were a very very good team back then and your right

Oatey DID change the game. Barrassi probably got the credit but it was Oatey with fast play-on footy, h/ball

and some real hard nuts in the guts like Shearman* and others.

* I saw him drop kick a goal to the Cathedral end from just forward of the centre circle that went not much higher

than a housing trust roof and *'en Endesbee (?) and his check side goals also to the Cathedral end.

Was living at the time not far from Unley Oval, tough time for me being a Port fan.
Shearman was the consistently best kick of a footy I have ever seen, it didn't matter who was playing full forward for the blue baggers at the time, those immaculate drop kicks from the centre of Unley oval that would hit them on the chest 9 times out of 10 had to be seen to be believed.

Even Brian Martin of magistrate famed kicked 10 goals in one game when he replaced an injured M. E. Jones and then he was dropped the next week.

Still angry this morning but mostly disillusioned. Watching the Giants run away with it I mainly just admired their resolve and talent.
I once hated losing and hated the opposition.
Now I see it as a remote opportunity to force change.
But it never comes, 11 years of garbage and embarrassing finals exits.
2014 was genuinely fun but it's now a decade ago and I've long forgotten it

Straight sets exit, the 13 in a row streak is meaningless unless it was building to a flag tilt. We're going to be poorer placed next year, sorer and older playing group.

I hate the smirking coach who is chummy with the players. Aliir being asked by a journo which player likes hugging Ken the most makes me feel creeped out, like they're in a joke at the supporter base's expense.

Koch runs this club as a way to brag to his Sydney business mates. To be a wish.com version of Eddie. He doesn't care for the history and traditions of the club, it's just a business venture.

The playing group are dumb, impressionable young men. None of them are really wanting to win anything, but Daddy got a contract and now they're made to believe it's bad luck and someone's gotta lose.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

am i right that the club already had a pre organised carrying off of tom jonas off the ground? You have got to be joking? And to add insult to injury am i right that at that event a certain Ken Hinkley was no-where to be seen, As i recall i remember see the players standing each side but it seemed Ken was no-where to be seen as it was too-close to the commoners in the outer? Tell me im wrong

Good on them at least they tuned up unlike the team
And they are leaving when the game was over late in the last quarter - not with 22 mins left to play as Steve Rice - ex Crowtiser writer and rabid anti Port social poster - claims.

Criticise the team and coaching performances all you want for another finals campaign failure and the sickening straight sets finals exit but so-called Port supporters in this thread having cheap shots at the loyal 40k+ Port supporters who actually turned up to the game is one of the sickening things of the past day or two imho.

Well he has an extension of 2 years but that is not the question.
Today with the taste of the 2 losses in the mouth i would say no.
Will he see out 2 years probably, am i confident he can offer much more, not really.
Do you think that they could have done anything but go into the game with players having suspect injuries? That is not trying to deflect your reasonable question.
Give it up man, no one is this delusional. I refuse to believe someone can be that far gone. You're taking the piss.

And they are leaving when the game was over late in the last quarter - not with 22 mins left to play as Steve Rice - ex Crowtiser writer and rabid anti Port social poster - claims.

Criticise the team and coaching performances all you want for another finals campaign failure and the sickening straight sets finals exit but so-called Port supporters in this thread having cheap shots at the loyal 40k+ Port supporters who actually turned up to the game is one of the sickening things of the past day or two imho.
Hey I was having a go at Price, he’s a w***er

I just assumed they'd had enough of Jarrod Walsh telling them to cheer.
Or with a straight finals exit a near certainty at half time, were expressing their disgust at the brain dead Port day-game organisers thinking a 'be the DJ' comp to select what song should be played at three quarter time would be entertaining for supporters.

My kids school sports days was more inspirational and far less annoying than the utter crap served up as entertainment by our home match organisers.

Or with a straight finals exit a near certainty at half time, were expressing their disgust at the brain dead Port day-game organisers thinking a 'be the DJ' comp to select what song should be played at three quarter time would be entertaining for supporters.

My kids school sports days was more inspirational and far less annoying than the utter crap served up as entertainment by our home match organisers.
BeST GaME DAY exPERience In tHE LeagUE

Remove this Banner Ad

Autopsy You get what you deserve - vs GWS review thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Back