Autopsy You get what you ****ing deserve Swans by 29 Hayward silences his critics.

Remove this Banner Ad

d7e24398aa14edb7fc0ae3af3cdd04ab.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Chad had a cyborg (terminator) look about him. Whilst most players were blowing hard and looking strained, he was smiling and glistening with sinew and muscle. I like this version of The Chad. :p
Early on in the game there was a point where he had this real look of confidence/arrogance about him, but in a good way. As in, he came to play and noone was going to stop him.

Premiership teams are built on players like that. Players that step onto the field knowing that whatever happens around them, they're going to get the job done when they get the ball.

I don’t understand, if you fail protocol doesn’t that determine if you’re concussed or not? Otherwise what’s the point of “concussion test”?

I've been told its a bit nuanced than that.
ie you can get through a SCAT5 , yet be subbed on account of the video evidence.
For lack of a better term, out of an abundance of caution.
Especially when Doctors take into account a players concussion history.

It was just mentioned in the telecast yesterday arvo.
Hopefully he's ok.

We’re looking as impressive and complete as we have since 2014-16. There’s a bit of arrogance there but I see it as more of a swag than arrogance. We know what we’re capable of and can be as flashy or hard nosed as we need to be.

You have the strut of Gulden and Warner as well as the elegant power of Heeney and a brutish and intelligent ruckman in Grundy who ensures that our mids are always in the game.

We haven’t sacrificed any grunt or the nous of those lower ranked foot soldier types with the likes of Adams, Jordon, Rowbottom and Hayward all playing some of the most selfless footy I’ve seen in years. It’s like they all know what to do to make one another better players and, by extension, be part of a better team.

The 2022 Grand Final was the appetizer and maybe the hard reality check that these guys needed. The next time we are in the big dance I fully expect us to make amends.

2nd on the ladder with the best %. 2nd best defence in the league and 2nd best attack. Best player in the league.

Can't ask for much more. Except for the season's end to match the hype of our start.
Last week, I said that.

This week, we're on top of the table, with the best % in the league.

And after beating GWS, we have the best attack in the league.

If Freo concede 68 points against Richmond we'll also have the best defence in the league. If not, we'll be a very close 2nd.

Aaaaaand, we still have the best player in the comp.

Last week felt good, this week feels even better.

I think our premiership hopes hinge on the mccartin melican duo and the mcdonald amartey mclean trio.

Yeah keys at both ends derr, but I mean Mccartin needs to be fit and healthy and we need the 3 Tall forwards to do their job when it matters .

I know what the midfield will do, I know what the defence will do if fit. I am
not as sure what the 3 talls will do

Last week, I said that.

This week, we're on top of the table, with the best % in the league.

And after beating GWS, we have the best attack in the league.

If Freo concede 68 points against Richmond we'll also have the best defence in the league. If not, we'll be a very close 2nd.

Aaaaaand, we still have the best player in the comp.

Last week felt good, this week feels even better.

We might just maybe have the 2 best players in the comp right now.

I think our premiership hopes hinge on the mccartin melican duo and the mcdonald amartey mclean trio.

Yeah keys at both ends derr, but I mean Mccartin needs to be fit and healthy and we need the 3 Tall forwards to do their job when it matters .

Pies won without a genuine KF I know but I still think a KF in the big dance has to take the game away from the opposition.

Seen it over the years

Just hope one of ours steps up

Pies won without a genuine KF I know but I still think a KF in the big dance has to take the game away from the opposition.

Seen it over the years

Just hope one of ours steps up

The KF doesn't have to star they just need to do their job and be relied upon.

Yeah great if someone dominates in a granny of course , but they can't be a non factor

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Early on in the game there was a point where he had this real look of confidence/arrogance about him, but in a good way. As in, he came to play and noone was going to stop him.

Premiership teams are built on players like that. Players that step onto the field knowing that whatever happens around them, they're going to get the job done when they get the ball.

this may seem an odd sort of reference, but just based on your comment, it hit me that there's a hint of darren millane in warner ... maybe not the physicality of millane but certainly that absolute self-assurance in his ability running with the ball
warner at his best plays with a similar enthusiasm for the contest, for the game, that millane always seemed to have

I think it relies on Heeney, Warner, Gulden and Grundy. I think we will cope should one or two of our key talls go down, but I don't know how we will cope if one of those 4 goes down

We’re looking as impressive and complete as we have since 2014-16. There’s a bit of arrogance there but I see it as more of a swag than arrogance. We know what we’re capable of and can be as flashy or hard nosed as we need to be.

You have the strut of Gulden and Warner as well as the elegant power of Heeney and a brutish and intelligent ruckman in Grundy who ensures that our mids are always in the game.

We haven’t sacrificed any grunt or the nous of those lower ranked foot soldier types with the likes of Adams, Jordon, Rowbottom and Hayward all playing some of the most selfless footy I’ve seen in years. It’s like they all know what to do to make one another better players and, by extension, be part of a better team.

The 2022 Grand Final was the appetizer and maybe the hard reality check that these guys needed. The next time we are in the big dance I fully expect us to make amends.

I agree.

But will throw a grenade nonetheless:

At what point does the acknowledgement become universal - we are better without (end of career) Buddy?

I agree.

But will throw a grenade nonetheless:

At what point does the acknowledgement become universal - we are better without (end of career) Buddy?
What does it matter. I mean really, what's the point of the discussion given that he's gone and like all teams we've moved on with different players who have changed the entire complexion of our team?

What does it matter. I mean really, what's the point of the discussion given that he's gone and like all teams we've moved on with different players who have changed the entire complexion of our team?

Also feels a bit disrespectful to even talk about it to be honest. Buddy was the best player to play in the red and white since Plugger.

Also feels a bit disrespectful to even talk about it to be honest. Buddy was the best player to play in the red and white since Plugger.
I will die on a hill in my view that Goodes was the best player in red & white since Plugger.

But in regards Ticky009 question: why does it matter? Only to the extent that we are rumoured to have put a huge offer in front of Naughton …. and honestly, we (like most sides) seem more dangerous in modern footy with a diverse range of forward targets - not a single player who demands the bulk of the entries.

No slight on Buddy (and I don’t get the “it’s disrespectful to even talk about it”) but our set up seems more dangerous & the results kinda prove it.

I've been told its a bit nuanced than that.
ie you can get through a SCAT5 , yet be subbed on account of the video evidence.
For lack of a better term, out of an abundance of caution.
Especially when Doctors take into account a players concussion history.

It was just mentioned in the telecast yesterday arvo.
Hopefully he's ok.
Yep, that's right... failing the SCAT can be attributed to a heap of different things, but following a head knock, it's always attributed to possible concussion. And once you are off due to that failure, you enter the concussion protocol, even if you are fine. To add to the confusion, concussion symptoms may not show up for a day or two, so being fine following the injury isn't necessarily a good guide as to whether you have been concussed!

I will die on a hill in my view that Goodes was the best player in red & white since Plugger.

But in regards Ticky009 question: why does it matter? Only to the extent that we are rumoured to have put a huge offer in front of Naughton …. and honestly, we (like most sides) seem more dangerous in modern footy with a diverse range of forward targets - not a single player who demands the bulk of the entries.

No slight on Buddy (and I don’t get the “it’s disrespectful to even talk about it”) but our set up seems more dangerous & the results kinda prove it.

For me best players since Plugger

1. Buddy
2. Goodes
3. C.Bolton
4. Kennedy
5. Hall
6. Kirk
7. Papley
8. Mills
9. Kennelly
10. Richards

Though I am likely forgetting someone.