Current Trial Russell Hill & Carol Clay - Wonnangatta *Pilot Greg Lynn Pleads Not Guilty to Murder

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
MOD NOTICE

This case is sub judice as under consideration by the courts. Sub judice contempt can occur if information is published that may be prejudicial to the court proceedings.

Please do not state as fact that which is opinion. Also, use 'IMO' and 'allegedly' a lot.

Rules - Updated Crime Board Rules - READ BEFORE POSTING

General Information The BigFooty Crime board is a community that fosters discussion on current and past crimes, some which have social and media notoriety, that attracts the attention of public opinion and discussion on such matters. Please read these rules very carefully, both the Big Footy...
www.bigfooty.com
www.bigfooty.com

On the Greg Lynn committal proceedings Crown Prosecutor Mr Dickie said 'It is clear hopefully from the document, and if it's not clear from the document it's clear hopefully from the charges put before the court, that it is alleged of course that the accused acted with murderous intent when he allegedly killed the two victims.'

Last edited:
An opportunist. Didn’t hesitate to straightaway see an advantage in grabbing the cash to help muddy the waters and blur the trail. No guilt there! No hesitation or sense of shame. IMO
Well, for all the trouble they put him to, he deserved at least $40 maybe more! - (irony)

Lynn went to extreme lengths to destroy a crime scene and any evidence supporting his stories and claimed innocence. He did everything a guilty person would do and nothing an innocent person would do. Should be enough for a jury.
The evidence presented does seem to support his story.
While I think he's guilty an opinion isn't enough. There are no provable facts so at this point it's actually a not guilty from me in my opinion

Lynn says most of Clay's head was blown off.! The more I read of Lynn's statement the more I realise this guy is something else. Worried about losing access to private clubs? You can't be serious. His says they were trying to have fun in bed in their PJ's and bare footed when the incident took place.? So your telling me Hill got out of bed barefooted and in his PJ's to go and get the gun whilst the music was blaring away? Did I read that right.? Surely not?

Lynn says most of Clay's head was blown off.! The more I read of Lynn's statement the more I realise this guy is something else. Worried about losing access to private clubs? You can't be serious. His says they were trying to have fun in bed in their PJ's and bare footed when the incident took place.? So your telling me Hill got out of bed barefooted and in his PJ's to go and get the gun whilst the music was blaring away? Did I read that right.? Surely not?
Gets sillier and sillier. Surely no sane person would believe his story. Oh, wait.......

Do you have a link that Hill was also in his pyjamas and barefoot?

I think that they may have been sitting under the awning of the vehicle, that would present as CC in a crouched position, maybe he had dealt with RH and then come over the front of the vehicle and shot CC whilst she was sitting under the awning, chairs are then thrown on to the tent when he has cleaned up and everything is set on fire.
Yes, possibly… I’ve been wondering why the front/bonnet of RH vehicle, but it would make sense to approach from there if wanting to sneak up or catch someone off-guardsm
I get where you’re going. Wouldn’t hold your breath. If you want other signs maybe animal torture. Maybe shooting deer with a 12g shot gun and having to finish the job with a certain implement is another. Just my opinion IMHO.
Yeh with a collection of knives
Well, for all the trouble they put him to, he deserved at least $40 maybe more! - (irony)
An opportunist. Didn’t hesitate to straightaway see an advantage in grabbing the cash to help muddy the waters and blur the trail. No guilt there! No hesitation or sense of shame. IMO
Imagine if he used that $40 to buy kerosene!

Do you have a link that Hill was also in his pyjamas and barefoot?
"In the footage, taken after his arrest, Mr Lynn told the officer he was not focused on what they were wearing, but believed both were in pyjamas and barefoot when the incident unfolded.

“He’s trying to have fun in bed... I think he didn’t like I was playing music loud and he lost his temper,” he said."

First sentence yep. Second no. Can't be proven guilty so who knows what a guilty person would do. That is mere assumption
A guilty person would attempt to remove all evidence that can prove his guilt. That's exactly what Lynn did. His actions are evidence of his guilt. We can only surmise what the evidence would be should the bodies be able to be examined, but Lynn made sure that wasn't possible. He didn't want anyone to be able to determine the cause of their deaths. That is the only reasonable conclusion you can make.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"In the footage, taken after his arrest, Mr Lynn told the officer he was not focused on what they were wearing, but believed both were in pyjamas and barefoot when the incident unfolded.

“He’s trying to have fun in bed... I think he didn’t like I was playing music loud and he lost his temper,” he said."

So Russell charged up to Lynn's campsite for a confrontation in bare feet to steal his gun and with the music up so loud, Lynn heard rustling.

And Lynn later ratted around for Hill's boots to take them?

But wouldn’t you know or at least have some idea what they were wearing and if they had shoes on when you put their bodies in sleeping bags.

A guilty person would attempt to remove all evidence that can prove his guilt. That's exactly what Lynn did. His actions are evidence of his guilt. We can only surmise what the evidence would be should the bodies be able to be examined, but Lynn made sure that wasn't possible. He didn't want anyone to be able to determine the cause of their deaths. That is the only reasonable conclusion you can make.
But the defence has given an alternate theory.
He's actions could be anything else.
No credible rebuttal has been put foward just supposition and conjecture

But the defence has given an alternate theory.
He's actions could be anything else.
No credible rebuttal has been put foward just supposition and conjecture

On what I've seen so far, there might be some obvious inconsistencies in Lynn's statement that could give his defence problems

I think they were still in bed or at least getting ready for bed and both killed in their own campsite.

Why?

The direct evidence that the glass frames were in the burnt wreckage.

RH is never pictured without his glasses on. I would say he wore them all the time except at bed time, when he took them off.

Now RH if he died as GL says, he would have died with his glasses on. To take the gun out of GL car and figure out how to load and fire it in the dark he would have needed his glasses. He would also need his glasses to go marching back to GL camp with a knife to get into a fight, dying at GL campsite with his glasses on.

Unless there is direct testimony from GL that he threw the glasses in the campsite fire or that RH broke his glasses in the fight, he would put them back on to go 'marching' barefoot at night when poor vision is exemplified 10 fold.

If RH glasses were broken I can't see him marching to GL camp, rather more likely to assume he is trying to muster someone on his radio and being pretty frightened.

IMO.

Last edited:
If they both had no shoes on, they didn't have time to put them on. imo. Something happened to stir them in to action where putting shoes on was a luxury in time they didn't have.

Back to the theory they busted him creeping around and Hill gave chase.

IMO.

If they both had no shoes on, they didn't have time to put them on. imo. Something happened to stir them in to action where putting shoes on was a luxury in time they didn't have.

Back to the theory they busted him creeping around and Hill gave chase.

IMO.
I'm still thinking they died in their beds. Did you read the whole of that article?

"He told the detectives he burned his clothes while destroying evidence at the campsite before he left because they were covered in blood.

In the recording, he said he changed into a new pair, but believed he burned them at a second camp the following day after dumping their bodies.

“I think I actually burnt those as well where I stayed. I can’t be sure of that, I’m not sure,” he said."

I think he was covered in blood and tissue from killing the couple. It is possible that the blood/brain matter was transferred by him to the canopy. It is also possible that the pieces of skull were dropped when he was loading the corpses into the trailer.

Maybe they were just trying to go to sleep in peace and quiet. That’s the whole point of camping out in the bush.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad

Back