Opinion Who do you WANT to coach in 2014

Who do you want?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

My first preference would be Paul Roos, but I don't see it happening. Ross Lyon to me seems to be one of the best coaches in the business, and I'd hope Summa might have learnt a few tricks from him in his time at the Dockers. Wouldn't mind giving him a try, though i hate the idea of us staying as a 'boys club' too, so i'm open to someone else.

Whilst I'd like Roos, I really do want to see what Richardson can do, because I think he is capable.
We are in agreement swannies. The fashion in which Richardson has help to turn around the running patterns, work ethic and team positioning of the Port Adelaide midfield this season has been nothing short of remarkable.

West Coast is a financial club that can put whatever A Team Richardson would like on his staff in the box with him. I'd like to see that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

We are in agreement swannies. The fashion in which Richardson has help to turn around the running patterns, work ethic and team positioning of the Port Adelaide midfield this season has been nothing short of remarkable.

West Coast is a financial club that can put whatever A Team Richardson would like on his staff in the box with him. I'd like to see that.
Hinkleys impact is being left out here IMO.

The general consensus on the board this year was that it was time for Worsfold to go and that we needed change. Well, it looks like people got what they hoped for. My concern is who will replace Worsfold and do a better job? We should be doing everything we can to get Roos on board... Otherwise I predict another mediocre year from West Coast in 2014.

I don't really want a coach who spent time under Worsfold like Sumich or Burns, however if that came to be I wouldn't mind.

I'd rather a completely new coach such as Roos to bring a new perspective and outlook to the club. It'd be exciting to see what someone new can do with our team. I just think it's time for a fresh start.

No Adam Selwood option?
74c.gif

The general consensus on the board this year was that it was time for Worsfold to go and that we needed change. Well, it looks like people got what they hoped for. My concern is who will replace Worsfold and do a better job? We should be doing everything we can to get Roos on board... Otherwise I predict another mediocre year from West Coast in 2014.

My only concern with Roos is that if he plays the same gameplan he did with Sydney then he might slot Priddis into a Brett Kirk type role. He'll play okay but I don't think playing that game plan will get us across the line (a flag).

I hope whoever coaches realises within half a season that Priddis can't get us where we need to go. We can carry one hard nut with poor disposal. That means McGinnity and Waters out, Selwood gets that gig. I like Cripps also for a negating hard nut role.

Interesting, I watched something on the AFL website where I think Darcy and Barrett dissected our season. One thing Barrett mentioned was our tendency to play for kicks was hurting us. Hams and ASel have gone. McGinnity should be best 22, Shuey has mostly stopped, but Scooter and Cox need to be read the riot act. Especially Cox.

I don't think Roos would cop that stuff.

Remove this Banner Ad

Opinion Who do you WANT to coach in 2014

Back