Very proud of the boys

Remove this Banner Ad

Id like to say tonight i am very proud of the boys effort tonight against the cats hey yeah sure we could of won but i am one bulldogs supporter that is proud of the boys effort tonight yeah i know i am gutted at the moment but i will say this i was very pleased with the boys pressure and the effort that they put in tonight i will hold my head up high with this

Come on get behind your team Dogs In 09?

Was really pleased with the tackling and pressure that the boys put on was outstanding. Sure skill errors and kicking for goal cost us but if we fix that up then we can definately match it with Geelong as we showed tonight. Really the only missing ingredient was a key forward like Hall, Fev and the like. Backline was just amazing top notch.

Superb performance by you guys tonight. Pity you're bad kicking let you down as I thought you were the better team on the night.

Also I'd like to say that I thought Jarrod Harbrow was absolutely fantastic tonight. I'd seen him before and it was obvious he could play but tonight he was stunning. Good get.

Just wanted to say that you guys were fantastic tonight! you have come a long way from the first final against the hawks! All you need is a forward please get a forward it was so frustrating to see you kill geelong in every area but not be able to put the score on the board! bad luck very proud!

i thought our boys were damn good tonight and probably had control of the game for majority of the match..too bad we didn't take our chances in front of goal

here here

Far out dogies.....Sigh.

Missed goals cost you the game tonight it's a simple at that - eagleton 40 metres out directly infront, I thought you had Geelongs measure tonight. Like every other supporter we wanted you guys to make so badly.

That decision that cost the dogies a goal which should have been paid to Johno shifted the momentum their way.

Well done dogs, we took the fight right up to them. If only we had of kicked those goals or if only Hill had off plucked those marks it might have been a different stroy. But you can not fault the effort, we tackled hard and put the pressure on.

I'm hurting thinking of what could of been, but i'm proud as well. At least the dogs had a real go at it and we should all be able to hold our heads high.

Thank God for this thread. I'm disgusted with all the negativity that floats around this place.

Yes, I'm also disappointed, but we can't be upset with this year.

They finished in the top 4. They moved from 13th to 3rd. Players stepped up, and showed some of their potential for their future. I went to my first preliminary final. We attracted a lot more positive media. There is a lot to be proud of, and I'm still excited for their future.

This year was just a taste of what's to come. I hope that after we've all got some rest we can all just be happy about our 2008 performance.

We will have our year :) Chin up, everyone. Remember that there is also a lot more to life.

Gee the effort was fantastic, all you could ask for really. Made Geelong look almost human at times.

I think the difference in the end was the quality of depth. Geelong's last few players would be able to get a game with most teams regularly.

We really lacked a big physical presence up forward. How handy would a Barry Hall type of player been tonight?

I thought our backline was terrific tonight, they competed & made the Geelong forwards work for every kick.

I loved seeing Jarrod Harbrow take them on, he well may be given more time in the midfield if is able get a bigger engine.

Murph was a bit of an enigma tonight. he got alot of it, but it wasn't his best effort kicking wise.

Anyone know what the free was paid for against Adam Cooney in our goal square early in the final term? There were a number of dodgy ones that seemed to favour Geelong tonight.

There were 2 significant periods that had an enormous impact upon the game.

The last 7-8 minutes of the first quarter when we surrendered a 2 goal lead to trail by a goal at 1/4 time & the six misses for goal late in the 3rd quarter & early in the last.

I guess there are a lot of if's, whatever's & maybe's, but the scoreboard shows we came up short.

We could have easily been belted, but we weren't, little consolation, I know.

A really bloody tough decision needs to be made by Rocket. Do we persist with what we have up forward? Granted we were one of the highest scoring teams this year, but it seems to be an Achilles Heel come finals time, or do we make a play for a big power forward during trade week & if we do, how do we engineer it?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Agreed. I am proud to be a dog.

Im "excepting" :rolleyes: mediocrity, I'm applauding a 100% effort and the best season i know ive ever seen (and by the sounds of it, the best season many posters have seen).

We stuck it up to a great team. The best team currently in the AFL. We know that. But we tried, 100%.

Our intensity, our tackling, our backline, our 1%ers, our man-on-man pressure. It was all there tonight. Thats what I wanted to see. The fact that it was skills that let us down, while disappointing, is personally a greater achievement than being beaten in the contested situations. Also take into account the bigger muscular strength of the geelong boys.

And our run tonight. Jarrod Harbrow, electrifying, deserves a special mention. Cut through numerous Geelong players on numerous occasions.

One of the most pleasing things for me was that we had a lot of players down, and still played well as a team. Murph, Welsh, Eagle, Coon to a degree, Hudson. All played poor games. But as a team, we covered them as best we could.

Well done Dogs. I look forward to a bright future. Proud to be a dog =]

Know u guys will be proud . Im proud of watching a side like the Doggies taking to us and thats not being cocky. It hurts a little to be finished for the year but you done your club proud this year and 2009 is looking like it could be the year of the dog. Well done guys

I'm proud too. Callan particularly was a gun. A power forward would be nice, but so would existing players actually kicking goals instead of points or out on the full.

Murph, why such a shocking night?

Commiserations to the Bulldogs, I thought you played very well tonight. With a good key forward you'll give it a serious shake next year. Good luck for 2009.

Bottom line is, even as I was watching the remnants of the last quarter last night, I was already looking forward to Round 1 2009. Good times ahead, ladies and germs, good times...

Agreed. I am proud to be a dog.

Im "excepting" :rolleyes: mediocrity, I'm applauding a 100% effort and the best season i know ive ever seen (and by the sounds of it, the best season many posters have seen).

We stuck it up to a great team. The best team currently in the AFL. We know that. But we tried, 100%.

Our intensity, our tackling, our backline, our 1%ers, our man-on-man pressure. It was all there tonight. Thats what I wanted to see. The fact that it was skills that let us down, while disappointing, is personally a greater achievement than being beaten in the contested situations. Also take into account the bigger muscular strength of the geelong boys.

And our run tonight. Jarrod Harbrow, electrifying, deserves a special mention. Cut through numerous Geelong players on numerous occasions.

One of the most pleasing things for me was that we had a lot of players down, and still played well as a team. Murph, Welsh, Eagle, Coon to a degree, Hudson. All played poor games. But as a team, we covered them as best we could.

Well done Dogs. I look forward to a bright future. Proud to be a dog =]

great post jazzadogs!!!
I am another VERY proud doggies supporter! I loved the fact that we kept playing right till the end and didnt let up! The backline did an amazing job and aside from the goal kicking accuracy (which we have had trouble with all year) we matched em in every way and not too many other teams this year can claim to have done that.

I dont see it as this year was ours and we stuffed up, more that 2008 was the finals experience etc we needed to have under our belts to go all the way in 2009 :D

GO DOGS!!!!

Fantastic tonight.

Effort was first rate.

Pressure was just what it should be.

Disappointed yes.

We were just not good enough.

Well coached.

Yes we need a big forward.

Fantastic year.

Excited about next year already.

Remove this Banner Ad

Very proud of the boys